Andre Hollins on KFAN

Mayne Street

Reaction score
Anyone catch Andre on KFAN with PA? Can you summarize what he said? I was listening to 1500's interview with Grimm and Tollackson. Thanks!

I was going to start a thread but didn't want it to be a duplicate. I didn't see a thread regarding it, but I also haven't read through all the Pitino threads.

What I am wondering is if anyone has heard anything from current players on the coaching change. Obviously Austin will be asked about it and will give his canned answer, but has anyone heard any rumblings?

Hopefully we don't lose any of our starting 5. The next few weeks are going to be interesting. If a few decide to leave, there could be a mass exodus.

Hopefully we don't lose any of our starting 5. The next few weeks are going to be interesting. If a few decide to leave, there could be a mass exodus.

Kind of the same type of situation as GopherHole. Oh, wait, this is free so they won't.

And PA immediately calls him a senior....smh haha

Dre Hollins: "Coach said he's going to bring Louisville's defense and Florida's offense."

He's definitely a fan of the hire, you can tell he's excited

Per KFAN's Twitter:

Andre Hollins on Rich Pitino: "I think Norwood Teague made a great hire." #Gophers

Discussing now that he understands it's a business (in reference to Tubby's firing), and is now looking forward, gotta get better. Never thought about leaving, he was committed to the U and likes it here too much.

Talking about next year: Hope for next year, cause of the fresh approach. It's exciting, getting up and down, playing aggressive, that's when we were at our best this year, so he hopes to do more of it next year. Feels they have plenty of experience coming back.

Could this mean Sid is wrong when he has been hinting DAILY on 'CCO of current players transferring (calling out the Hollins "brothers" by name)????

Good to hear. Andre will be incredibly important the next two years, on the court and off.

Question, because I don't know the answer:

Are current Gopher players allowed to contact unsigned recruits to encourage them to join us?

Are current Gopher players allowed to contact unsigned recruits to encourage them to join us?

I doubt that players have restrictions on who they can talk to but I'm not positive.

Could this mean Sid is wrong when he has been hinting DAILY on 'CCO of current players transferring (calling out the Hollins "brothers" by name)????

Sid is never wrong.

Players can talk to whoever they want (except for agents :D ). Rodney has been best pals with Vaughn since forever, as one example.

Players can talk to whoever they want (except for agents :D ). Rodney has been best pals with Vaughn since forever, as one example.

Then if that is true, Buck can therefore use his current inherited team members as a recruiting tool. Right?

I thought it was pretty straightforward.

Anyone catch Andre on KFAN with PA? Can you summarize what he said? I was listening to 1500's interview with Grimm and Tollackson. Thanks!

Remember that Dre is a smart kid. He is going to Carlson so even if NT had to coach the team himself, Dre was not going anywhere. My biggest worry is when he gets into foul trouble. Agressive defense may cause some problems for him. Otherwise, he will fit into Pitino's system. Like I have said before, Rick and Billy must have thought highly of Dre and other players when they approved the job for Richard. Dre had a very good game against Florida and UCLA.

Go Gophers

Read all of the lead up comments, please. Look, I know Winona and the surrounding area, and I know those Hillbillies of SE MN can read.

Did that... still don't see what you're getting at... whatever...

PS I'm NOT winona gopher.

This team was built for this style of play Tubby just didn't play it, Austin Hollins does much better on the run, Joe Coleman really doesn't have the skill set for a half court game, put him in a pressing defense and running offense he could shine, I am thinking Wally Ellenson will benefit from it also.

This team was built for this style of play Tubby just didn't play it, Austin Hollins does much better on the run, Joe Coleman really doesn't have the skill set for a half court game, put him in a pressing defense and running offense he could shine, I am thinking Wally Ellenson will benefit from it also.

I think Tubby wanted to play it, but for whatever reason other big ten teams were able to dictate the tempo we played at. That'll be something Pitino will have to change.

He also said he discussed the situation with his parents and said that he really likes it here and does not want to leave. Sounds like he has a lot of friends here and really likes the school. IMO he would stay for most any new hire the way he was talking.

Paul Charchain then joked that what if the Rutgers coach was hired, would that of caused you to leave and Hollins thought that situation was definitely out of the norm and said that he has never faced that from a coach.

Sid, among others on this board, were/are saying how Tubby's departure could cause some player's to transfer. I was actually thinking the opposite, would there be departures if Tubby stayed?

Remember, this is the coach that got in Dre's face for taking a quick shoot ... after Dre had almost single-handedly brought the Gophers back against Florida. It was actually a very similar situation that tipped my opinion against The Tubster. Several years ago Devoe Joseph had just hit his third outside shot in a row to put the Gophers up double digits against Northwestern. For some inexplicable reason, Tubby immediately subbed for Devoe and Northwestern went on a run to win the game going away. Devoe eventually transferred to Oregon & became 1st team Pac-12.

Sid, among others on this board, were/are saying how Tubby's departure could cause some player's to transfer. I was actually thinking the opposite, would there be departures if Tubby stayed?

Remember, this is the coach that got in Dre's face for taking a quick shoot ... after Dre had almost single-handedly brought the Gophers back against Florida. It was actually a very similar situation that tipped my opinion against The Tubster. Several years ago Devoe Joseph had just hit his third outside shot in a row to put the Gophers up double digits against Northwestern. For some inexplicable reason, Tubby immediately subbed for Devoe and Northwestern went on a run to win the game going away. Devoe eventually transferred to Oregon & became 1st team Pac-12.

Wow a coach yelled at a player for taking a shot he didn't agree with? Can't say I've ever seen this before this is shocking to me. Tubby backed off a ton since the start of his tenure at Minnesota.

no

Top Bottom