All Things Taison Chatman Recruiting Thread (Class of 2023, Totino-Grace HS, Gophers Offered)

No, they are fcking losers that never have the belief or the courage to be a winner. It doesn't matter what has happen in the past. What matters is having the passion and drive to make it happen. Get it done. Losers beget losing and those that constantly foster that attitude will never win.
So if I have more courage the gophers will perform better? I’m confused.

Being a realist does not make them losers. Plenty of realists are winners. The reality is that none of us know what this teenager wants or will do. There is always hope but the young man will choose whatever program is the best for him.
Many people who call themselves realists, are actually defeatists, and I don’t want those people on my side.

Being a realist does not make them losers. Plenty of realists are winners. The reality is that none of us know what this teenager wants or will do. There is always hope but the young man will choose whatever program is the best for him.
I am not talking about the player. I am talking about the persons who assume that we have lost him as a recruit because he has gotten some other good offers. The comment was meant at the defeatist attitude of the fanbase, assuming that we can not be better.

So if I have more courage the gophers will perform better? I’m confused.
No. The defeatist attitude needs to change. PJ addressed it on numerous occasion on the football side. If the fanbase continues to encourage mediocracy by excepting to lose then it become sel-fulfilling.

I am not talking about the player. I am talking about the persons who assume that we have lost him as a recruit because he has gotten some other good offers. The comment was meant at the defeatist attitude of the fanbase, assuming that we can not be better.
I know you were not talking about the player but all realists are not all defeatist. Just because they are thinking realistically about a player choosing a better program does not make them a defeatist , nor less of a fan. For me hope is vital, perhaps the best of all things. I hope he comes here but really hope he picks the best opportunity for himself.

No. The defeatist attitude needs to change. PJ addressed it on numerous occasion on the football side. If the fanbase continues to encourage mediocracy by excepting to lose then it become sel-fulfilling.
Agree. The fan base here has accepted mediocrity for way too long.

I know you were not talking about the player but all realists are not all defeatist. Just because they are thinking realistically about a player choosing a better program does not make them a defeatist , nor less of a fan. For me hope is vital, perhaps the best of all things. I hope he comes here but really hope he picks the best opportunity for himself.
Built, of course not all “realists” are deafest, And not all that claim they are realists are, many use it as an excuse for criticism.

But look at the context of this discussion, we are not talking hypothetically. Someone posted about an offer from Texas, then the defeatist/realist automatically said Taison was gone. That person has no other information, just the assumption that we will lose. That is a defeatist attitude.

Built, of course not all “realists” are deafest, And not all that claim they are realists are, many use it as an excuse for criticism.

But look at the context of this discussion, we are not talking hypothetically. Someone posted about an offer from Texas, then the defeatist/realist automatically said Taison was gone. That person has no other information, just the assumption that we will lose. That is a defeatist attitude.
Just disagree. I see recruiting differently. I see relationship building as a very important part of recruiting whether or not you get the player. Have seen it pay off in many ways so it is not as simple as win or lose that guy. Sometimes you get them on the second go around, sometimes you get the brother or cousin or friend. You get high school coaches that you earn trust with etc... I simply do not judge a fan who posts a thought that he is gone after a Chris Beard offer knowing that more and better offers are coming as someone that is a loser attitude. No big deal, we just see it differently.

Any reason not to think Minnesota is in the mix? Family or coaches with ties to other programs etc ?

Any reason not to think Minnesota is in the mix? Family or coaches with ties to other programs etc ?
Certainly in the picture. Always a chance a kid wants to stay home. He could say yes right away if it was his dream school. If not he should take his time and see what else comes his way and seek his best opportunity.

Just disagree. I see recruiting differently. I see relationship building as a very important part of recruiting whether or not you get the player. Have seen it pay off in many ways so it is not as simple as win or lose that guy. Sometimes you get them on the second go around, sometimes you get the brother or cousin or friend. You get high school coaches that you earn trust with etc... I simply do not judge a fan who posts a thought that he is gone after a Chris Beard offer knowing that more and better offers are coming as someone that is a loser attitude. No big deal, we just see it differently.
I am not going to continue this off topic discussion, but I think you are totally missing my point.

Many times you
Certainly in the picture. Always a chance a kid wants to stay home. He could say yes right away if it was his dream school. If not he should take his time and see what else comes his way and seek his best opportunity.
Many times your posts have some insight and are informative, but I swear to God, I've seen you post this exact paragraph at least 20 times on this board.

We all know how the human thought process might work. We all know there is a chance a kid could do this or do that. The fact that people think because Texas offered, that somehow clinches the Gophers being out of it is totally silly.

Let me know when Virginia offers. Then I'll know we are truly done. 😘

Many times you

Many times your posts have some insight and are informative, but I swear to God, I've seen you post this exact paragraph at least 20 times on this board.

We all know how the human thought process might work. We all know there is a chance a kid could do this or do that. The fact that people think because Texas offered, that somehow clinches the Gophers being out of it is totally silly.

Let me know when Virginia offers. Then I'll know we are truly done. 😘
Why ? UVA offered Mason and we got him. UVA offers a ton of kids they do not get. Skip the parts of my posts that you have seen before. Others may not have seen it.

Why ? UVA offered Mason and we got him. UVA offers a ton of kids they do not get. Skip the parts of my posts that you have seen before. Others may not have seen it.

Had UVa won a national championship under Bennett at that point?

How has built not been blocked by everyone so we don't have this off topic stuff?

PJ said that and then was super thin skinned after he received a dash of criticism after losing to Bowling F'n Green. I like PJ, but he says a lot of things. If he wants a fan base that encourages and expects more than mediocrity, he should expect considerably more heat when/if we squeak out wins against Miami of Ohio and lose to Bowling Green.

As far as our fan base accepting mediocrity in general, I guess I don't really what people are talking about. I guess it would first require defining mediocrity however, mediocre coaches typically get canned here.

We canned Mason, Tubby, and Claeys. Mason was canned after going to 5 straight bowl games. Tubby was canned after winning 20 games and an NCAA tournament game. I don't know if Pitino survives 2019-2020 (a year removed from winning a tournament game) if not for COVID. Our fan base has zero problem canning mediocre coaches.

I am talking about the persons who assume that we have lost him as a recruit because he has gotten some other good offers.
Have seen this movie too many times before.

I just hope he has the decency to NOT keep us in his final 398124570 or whatever the F kids feel like they need to do for attention. You're not coming here. You owe it to no one to pretend like the Gophers have a shot. It just pisses people off. Don't do it.

Have seen this movie too many times before.

I just hope he has the decency to NOT keep us in his final 398124570 or whatever the F kids feel like they need to do for attention. You're not coming here. You owe it to no one to pretend like the Gophers have a shot. It just pisses people off. Don't do it.
He owes nothing to you - if he wants to put MN in his final 5, why should he care if it pisses off some local faux know-it-all, Dunning-Kruger poster child?

Expecting different results than what has happened most every other time is also defined as insanity in some cases. When Chatman signs with us you can be the first to gloat in their faces. Until then, the fan policing is unnecessary. What are you gonna do if he signs elsewhere, blame the fans? We got a new coach to improve recruiting, the fan base will warm up once results are shown and repeated. Coaches earn respect, expecting people to instantly give Ben the benefit of the doubt because the U hired him is weird. He has done fairly well so far, but Chatman would be a huge reel. It is natural for people to be pessimistic he will sign here.

PJ said that and then was super thin skinned after he received a dash of criticism after losing to Bowling F'n Green. I like PJ, but he says a lot of things. If he wants a fan base that encourages and expects more than mediocrity, he should expect considerably more heat when/if we squeak out wins against Miami of Ohio and lose to Bowling Green.

As far as our fan base accepting mediocrity in general, I guess I don't really what people are talking about. I guess it would first require defining mediocrity however, mediocre coaches typically get canned here.

We canned Mason, Tubby, and Claeys. Mason was canned after going to 5 straight bowl games. Tubby was canned after winning 20 games and an NCAA tournament game. I don't know if Pitino survives 2019-2020 (a year removed from winning a tournament game) if not for COVID. Our fan base has zero problem canning mediocre coaches.
There is a big difference between accepting loses and believing that you can win. Losers expect to lose, winner expect to win and do everything in their power to make it happen. All of this talk about how other programs are much better, how we never win, how we are always inferior to others is a defeatist attitude and it becomes self-fulfilling.

We are a fricking B1G program, improving our coaching and getting in a few of the right recruits can quickly put us in the hunt for the B1G title which means we are in the top tier of College Basketball.

No one who has ever achieved greatness by ever doubting their ability to compete. Many of our fans automatically think we can never compete. Winning comes from a change in mindset.

Expecting different results than what has happened most every other time is also defined as insanity in some cases. When Chatman signs with us you can be the first to gloat in their faces. Until then, the fan policing is unnecessary. What are you gonna do if he signs elsewhere, blame the fans? We got a new coach to improve recruiting, the fan base will warm up once results are shown and repeated. Coaches earn respect, expecting people to instantly give Ben the benefit of the doubt because the U hired him is weird. He has done fairly well so far, but Chatman would be a huge reel. It is natural for people to be pessimistic he will sign here.
I think you are mixing up your quotes, something about expecting different results when you do the same thing. Maybe you should read one of your financial statements that clearly state “Past performance is no guarantee of future results“.

I think you are mixing up your quotes, something about expecting different results when you do the same thing. Maybe you should read one of your financial statements that clearly state “Past performance is no guarantee of future results“.
They hired a new coach, great. Many need to see different results after decades of mediocrity. You are different which is fine, but if your only response is a passive insult, please do better if you want more in your camp.

In his latest Scoops Podcast, Doogie states on Chatman:

"The Gophers are sitting pretty with Chatman. If the Gophers can land Taison Chatman that would be a big time get."

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom