All Things RB Jeffrey Jones Thread

Can anyone give us an update about how pantherhawk will spin this?

And ESPN has Hayes, Harbison, and McDonald as 4-stars.

The article only said rivals.com and scout.com. Also, people can't blame KSTP for not knowing the star rankings of various players at a certain point in time. They are going by the facts at the present moment.

Awesome news. I was in Target, updated twitter saw Ryan Burns tweet and fist pumped. I got looked at funny but dont really care. Ive heard alot of people say year 3 is going to be the big year for Jerry Kill's teams if this is any indication, hang on year 3 is going to be fun. 207 DAYS UNTIL KICKOFF!!!

Great choice by him. When he gets here we will have a very deep, talented and experienced OL.

My brain is telling me to temper my excitement, that it's a year out and my heart has been broken before. But my heart says "WOOOOOO!!!!"

It's awesome to get an early commitment from a top instate prospect. But yeah there is a long way to go until he can actually sign on the dotted line and as we have all seen kids change their mind all the time. Still right now he is 100% committed to MN and it is a great way to kick off the 2014 class, hopefully 1 year from now we will be getting excited for him to send over his signed letter of intent.

They were changed. I remember when they committed that at least 3 of them were 4 stars on Rivals.

Scout doesn't have any of them as 4-star either

http://minnesota.scout.com/a.z?s=176&p=9&c=8&yr=2012

None of those were rivals 4 stars. That's probably all they looked at.

And ESPN has Hayes, Harbison, and McDonald as 4-stars.

The star ratings are constantly changed depending on a player's performance and what program a player commits to. It is absolutely ridiculous.

What a way to start off the class! Does anyone have an interview that can be posted?

Awesome way to start the 2014 recruiting class! Is he expected to be the #1 in state recruit next year?

The star ratings are constantly changed depending on a player's performance and what program a player commits to. It is absolutely ridiculous.

I follow it kind of closely and I've never seen a kid's ranking change after he has been playing college football. I could be wrong, but I don't think they change anyone after the recruiting period ends.

They play in 4A won the city conference 13 years in a row, but struggle out of conference, lost to Holy Family three years in a row in sections

In about 80 % of those clips, he seemed to go untouched by the defense. I think I didn't see him get touched for like the first 3 minutes, and just as I determined to comment about it, the next clip showed him shake off about a half a dozen tacklers before getting into the endzone. Hope he is just the beginning.

I bet he drops to a 3 star now that he's committed to the Gophers

Fair enough, but 8000 isn't a small town. Maybe in Connecticut it would be, but not in Minnesota.

Eh, I consider it to be a larger small town. As far as I am concerned, when the biggest attraction in the town is the Wal-Mart (or possibly the all-female federal prison) it's probably a small town.

Eh, I consider it to be a larger small town. As far as I am concerned, when the biggest attraction in the town is the Wal-Mart (or possibly the all-female federal prison) it's probably a small town.

Listen, Pig Man...It is that all-female federal prison that keeps retired lap dancers like station19 and me healthy.

Appears to have a great set of feet, and great balance as well.

Excellent ability to change direction.

Nice get!

I bet he drops to a 3 star now that he's committed to the Gophers

Maybe not immediately, but I bet he's a 3 star by NSD next year.

His ranking will somewhat hinge upon where he takes his official visits.

His ranking will be determined by if he can stay healthy or not. If he stays healthy and has a good season, he will be a 4 star.

Top Bottom