All Things RB Jeffrey Jones Thread

I'd rather be a soft no. 1 than a soft no. 2

once he sees this year's o line, he will become a hard 1

Jeff’s father is “getting out of jail” and wants to be part of the recruiting process, so that is also a factor.

This has Vince Howard & East Dillon Lions written all over it. I just hope Oklahoma A&T doesn't come calling.

Not too worried about Jones picking Iowa State over us. If he does, I'll be really disappointed in Kill and his staff. I am worried about him choosing a helmet school if/when they come calling though.

@darrenwolfson: Spoke w/ Washburn RB Jeff Jones. He was very complimentary of how Jerry Kill took the news of him switching to a soft verbal. #gophers

Go Gophers!!

I wouldn't be too worried about Jones being a soft verbal. In the winter, his coach labeled him a "soft verbal," so I don't think anything has changed. Tim Gordon and Ricardo Johnson III both told me that they think Jones is very solid to Minnesota, but just wants to visit other schools for fun/show respect to other coaches.

@swiltfong247: Insider Notes: #IowaState perhaps leads for Top247 RB & #Minnesota commit Jeff Jones

Go Gophers!!

Who starts all these Minnesota star to ISU rumors? When is the last time we've ever lost an in state recruit to ISU?

It's not you. I...I don't know what happened, it's never happened before.

Lmao, excellent comment, wish I had seen this earlier.

@swiltfong247: Insider Notes: #IowaState perhaps leads for Top247 RB & #Minnesota commit Jeff Jones

Go Gophers!!

Seems a little odd to say that School B is the leader for a recruit who is committed to School A, even if he is only a soft verbal.

"Perhaps". Well, perhaps ISU doesn't lead for Jones. I always love these insider rumors that have words like "perhaps".

I really hope we don't lose this kid. I really like The Edwards kid we have coming in, but we need two good running backs.

nobody on gopherhole ever has any faith whatsoever in landing top in state recruits in football and basketball ever, its very disheartening

nobody on gopherhole ever has any faith whatsoever in landing top in state recruits in football and basketball ever, its very disheartening

i got the faith! bring on jones, vaughn, and travis all together next year!

I like to read between the lines on this one.
Getting Required Acceptable Data Effect Selection.

There are only two reasons for a Minnesota kid to go to isu:
1. He can't get into Minnesota because of academics.
2. He is trying to leave legal issues behind.

Why else would you go to ames, iowa?

Because they have the closest Dunkin' Donuts location?

if there is any truth to this then Minny needs to pull a Brent Moss.

3. Wants to play in front of more than 4 people and actually win a few games here and there in the process.

Top Bottom