All Things Pitino rumor mill thread

What did Miles' and McCaffery's fathers do?

I'm not sure. But I'd wager Fran's dad was a stern man with an anger problem.

Why does that prevent them from being candidates? UF is a better job than Nebraska or Iowa. Why shouldn't Foley be on the phone with both of them? Why aren't news papers in Lincoln and Iowa City breathlessly reporting rumors?

Not too many people commit without the coach talking to them. Just tell em your intentions. The fact lots of people are interested in Richard is a positive!

Are they interested or are media jackals simply speculating or is Richard making it known that he can be hired? As 19 states, this has got to impact recruiting no matter why it's happening and that sure as hell can't be seen as a positive. We have a disappointing year; he squandered some scholarships so he needs some bodies; and now the Gophers are possibly at a disadvantage trying to find spring recruits. This is getting old.

I'm not sure. But I'd wager Fran's dad was a stern man with an anger problem.

Why does that prevent them from being candidates? UF is a better job than Nebraska or Iowa. Why shouldn't Foley be on the phone with both of them? Why aren't news papers in Lincoln and Iowa City breathlessly reporting rumors?

That was pretty funny.

The Big Ten has some good coaches but those are not two of them.

Those are two of the best. For those of you who didn't see it, the Pitino Mafia dumped McHale on Eastern Kentucky. Ponder the Willards.

I hope to God Pitino honors his commitment to the U and does not take the Florida job if offered. I think our job could be every bit as good as the Florida job in a few years and that he can be the guy to get it there. Richard is young and hopefully, patient and committed. The Florida job is not a once in a lifetime opportunity and the timing is terrible.

Richards name comes up time & time again for one reason...his LAST name! Without it, his history warrants NONE of this attention. Indirectly, Dickie V was simply caressing RICK PITINOS ball sack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fla paid Billy 3.3 mil. They can buy a Coach who has actually accomplished something at the High D1 level. That Leaves Pitino Jr. who was 3rd or 4th on the gophers list 2 seasons way out of the picture for Fla . gig

Agent floats client's name for other jobs.
Agent uses publicity to negotiate salary increase for client.
Agent laughs all the way to the bank.

I hope Teague is smart enough to realize when he's being played, and tell's Pitino's agent this:
"Show me the B1G Wins, and I'll show you the money!"

per Shooter:

Gophers men's basketball coach Richard Pitino is getting mentioned as a potential successor at Florida to Billy Donovan, who is leaving for the Oklahoma City Thunder job. Regardless, Minnesota might have to increase Pitino's $1.2 million salary to quiet persistent rumors.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_28037585/colemans-still-wild-about-st-paul-hockey

Go Gophers!!

Mental midget shooter does know that if the fantasy that Florida really wanted Pitino Jr. was true Fla. has way deeper pockets and that the U would have to double the salary of coach who did not even make the NIT to compete with Fla.

Lol.

Great thread. I love watching everyone panic over nothing. Pitino going to Florida. LOL!

You guys are too much. Keep the jokes coming.

Lol. Great thread. I love watching everyone panic over nothing. Pitino going to Florida. LOL! You guys are too much. Keep the jokes coming.

While it's very unlikely talks will go anywhere with Pitino and Florida, you're showing how naive, clueless, or how much of a troll you are.

You act like this thread is the only place where people are talking about Pitino as a potential candidate. You should do a little more truth seeking and get your head out of your ass.

Should Richard get a raise? No

Does Richard deserve a raise? No

Do I care if Richard gets a raise? No

Will anyone on GopherHole have to chip in to cover Richards raise? No

If this is how the game is played then so be it.

Do I want to win more games next year? Yes

My main concern...

Should Richard get a raise? No

Does Richard deserve a raise? No

Do I care if Richard gets a raise? No

Will anyone on GopherHole have to chip in to cover Richards raise? No

If this is how the game is played then so be it.

Do I want to win more games next year? Yes

My main concern...

Giving him a raise won't buy a penny of loyalty.

While it's very unlikely talks will go anywhere with Pitino and Florida, you're showing how naive, clueless, or how much of a troll you are.

You act like this thread is the only place where people are talking about Pitino as a potential candidate. You should do a little more truth seeking and get your head out of your ass.

"People are talking." That's unflappable proof of truly serious consideration. Great stuff! LOL!

"People are talking." That's unflappable proof of truly serious consideration. Great stuff! LOL!

TruthSeeker, whether you, or I or Gold Vision think there is "serious consideration" is immaterial. It is more significant when Dick Vitale tweets his endorsement, and almost every single Florida based reporter and most national reporters include Pitino as a potential replacement. We can "LOL" all we want at it, but he's part of the national narrative and there is "unflappable proof" of that.

Go Gophers!!

TruthSeeker, whether you, or I or Gold Vision think there is "serious consideration" is immaterial. It is more significant when Dick Vitale tweets his endorsement, and almost every single Florida based reporter and most national reporters include Pitino as a potential replacement. We can "LOL" all we want at it, but he's part of the national narrative and there is "unflappable proof" of that.

Go Gophers!!

Exactly. Locally people give Pitino some bad marks for the season we just had. But nationally, the general thought is now- "hey, even Tubby Smith had a tough time there" so I doubt that the last year has dented Pitino's national image or their view of his potential as a coach. It is also my guess that he and his staff have built a reputation for busting their humps on the recruiting trails- again regardless of how locals may feel about it.

I'm not sure how good he will be (I like him) but this is NOT the year we want to lose him with all of the new guys coming in.

No, they don't say it is hard to win there. They say it is too early to attack him for last season and he has tremendous potential.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow you're dense. Where in the post did I say that? I pretty much said the opposite. While he's an unlikely serious candidate, people are going to (and nationally they are) talk about him as a candidate. You acting like this board is being outrageous just fits some weird trolling agenda you have.

Have fun on your quest for truth, given the aptitude you've displayed to date, it will be awhile.

Exactly. Locally people give Pitino some bad marks for the season we just had. But nationally, the general thought is now- "hey, even Tubby Smith had a tough time there" so I doubt that the last year has dented Pitino's national image or their view of his potential as a coach. It is also my guess that he and his staff have built a reputation for busting their humps on the recruiting trails- again regardless of how locals may feel about it.

I'm not sure how good he will be (I like him) but this is NOT the year we want to lose him with all of the new guys coming in.

Very good post. I think this would be the only year that he can leave while maintaining his reputation. His recruiting has cooled off in which it goes back to what you said about previous coaches. He can only play that card this year. That's why I think he would do anything to get out of here this year if he has any offers.

Very good post. I think this would be the only year that he can leave while maintaining his reputation. His recruiting has cooled off in which it goes back to what you said about previous coaches. He can only play that card this year. That's why I think he would do anything to get out of here this year if he has any offers.

Seriously?

No offense, but this is completely wrong. If you're going to hang out here with your clear biases against Minnesota, at least be somewhat reasonable. Pitino's recruiting this year was great and is clearly going up. We have four (4!!!) 2015 signees who have been 4* on at least one of the major scouting services. Lynch also is a very good transfer add that'll be a big help in 2016, though I won't give Pitino much credit for that as I think Lynch (like Lofton) would've transferred to the U anyway. Gilbert's the only "iffy" one out of the 6 2015 signees. And we already have a Rivals 150 guy committed for 2016 (Hurt was previously in the Rivals Top 60, though of course dropped some after committing to MN, lol). But yeah, "recruiting has cooled off." hahahahahahahaha

The rest of your post is so wrong I don't even know where to start. We are breaking ground on the new practice facility shortly. How many programs have a brand new practice facility? He's at the only D1 school in a state that is pumping out very good talent every year for the foreseeable future. Teague took a chance on him, he and his dad know that, and he's not going to leave after only 2 years "just to get out of here." This is the Big Ten. Hardly any coach ever leaves "for a better job." I can think of maybe one or two in the last decade. If Pitino takes the Florida job, which seems highly unlikely to occur, it'll be because his salary will more than double and he'll be going to a program that recently won 2 national titles and was built by his mentor.

No offense, but this is completely wrong. If you're going to hang out here with your clear biases against Minnesota, at least be somewhat reasonable. Pitino's recruiting this year was great and is clearly going up. We have four (4!!!) 2015 signees who have been 4* on at least one of the major scouting services. Lynch also is a very good transfer add that'll be a big help in 2016, though I won't give Pitino much credit for that as I think Lynch (like Lofton) would've transferred to the U anyway. Gilbert's the only "iffy" one out of the 6 2015 signees. And we already have a Rivals 150 guy committed for 2016 (Hurt was previously in the Rivals Top 60, though of course dropped some after committing to MN, lol). But yeah, "recruiting has cooled off." hahahahahahahaha

The rest of your post is so wrong I don't even know where to start. We are breaking ground on the new practice facility shortly. How many programs have a brand new practice facility? He's at the only D1 school in a state that is pumping out very good talent every year for the foreseeable future. Teague took a chance on him, he and his dad know that, and he's not going to leave after only 2 years "just to get out of here." This is the Big Ten. Hardly any coach ever leaves "for a better job." I can think of maybe one or two in the last decade. If Pitino takes the Florida job, which seems highly unlikely to occur, it'll be because his salary will more than double and he'll be going to a program that recently won 2 national titles and was built by his mentor.

Honestly, you can't be so biased. This class that you are bragging about is 8th in the B1G (I might be wrong. SS will correct me on this). Gophers are predicted to finish 11th this season. Richard is losing every recruiting battle these days. As a person with half of a brain, would you not jump ship this year if you have a chance? Stop calling people who don't agree with your unknown bias, none-Gopher fans. It is getting old.

Honestly, you can't be so biased. This class that you are bragging about is 8th in the B1G (I might be wrong. SS will correct me on this). Gophers are predicted to finish 11th this season. Richard is losing every recruiting battle these days. As a person with half of a brain, would you not jump ship this year if you have a chance? Stop calling people who don't agree with your unknown bias, none-Gopher fans. It is getting old.

The real truth here is that The-Real-Truth just said that it is getting old that one is called a "non Gopher fan" because you don't agree with them, but TRT in the same paragraph says that "someone with half a brain" would jump at the chance. So you are tired of the name calling when directed at you, but are fine with it when someone doesn't agree with you .

Go Gophers!!

The real truth here is that The-Real-Truth just said that it is getting old that one is called a "non Gopher fan" because you don't agree with them, but TRT in the same paragraph says that "someone with half a brain" would jump at the chance. So you are tired of the name calling when directed at you, but are fine with it when someone doesn't agree with you .

Go Gophers!!
Sorry Bleed for bad English. I meant Richard would jump ship even if had half as much brain as he has. He is very smart guy no question.

There is a presumption in your post that he will ultimately fail here. I disagree with that. I think if he gives it time here he will have some big successes just like Haskins, Dutcher and Musselman have in the past- hopefully sans the scandals.

Yes- if he is doomed for failure - this is the year he would want to hit the road. But I don't believe that's the case and I also don't believe that Florida is stupid enough to pay 2 million plus for a guy who they don't believe could get it done at Minnesota, when others in the past have. BTW- Why in the world is Florida not knocking on Tubby's door?

There is a presumption in your post that he will ultimately fail here. I disagree with that. I think if he gives it time here he will have some big successes just like Haskins, Dutcher and Musselman have in the past- hopefully sans the scandals.

Yes- if he is doomed for failure - this is the year he would want to hit the road. But I don't believe that's the case and I also don't believe that Florida is stupid enough to pay 2 million plus for a guy who they don't believe could get it done at Minnesota, when others in the past have. BTW- Why in the world is Florida not knocking on Tubby's door?

For a short while, yes he is doomed to fail. He may or may not do well in a long run. Knowing Pitinos, I don't think they like to lose a reputation. The reason that he will succeed in Florida is because they have a much bigger booster club. Florida already has two coaches on their bench who have been fired from Arkansas and Alabama. They do need a big name there. Richard has a big name and if offered, he will take it. I bet you a pitcher of beer that he would take it.

Top Bottom