All Things Paige Bueckers Recruitment Thread - Videos, Analysis, Tid-Bits, Articles

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
It seems like her knees might not be able to hold up.

thatjanelpick

Reaction score
Draft eligible along with Boston and Brink and Van Lith (Azzi and Clark not for another year) but she'd miss most of 2023 WNBA season and would be taking a pay cut to be drafted so I'd imagine she returns
I wonder. I'm not a fan of hers but even I'd say she has proven everything she needs to prove to pro scouts/teams. Will she risk injuring herself again before turning pro?

rowdaboat

Reaction score
I wonder. I'm not a fan of hers but even I'd say she has proven everything she needs to prove to pro scouts/teams. Will she risk injuring herself again before turning pro?
Pro in WNBA is realistically a downgrade vs NCAA. Better visibility and viewership in NCAA and would make more off her gatorade NIL deal than her WNBA contract and signing bonus

Ragnor

Reaction score
Pro in WNBA is realistically a downgrade vs NCAA. Better visibility and viewership in NCAA and would make more off her gatorade NIL deal than her WNBA contract and signing bonus
Interesting, wondered if this might be true. Have you crunched some of the comparable numbers?

#2Gopher

Reaction score
If she was playing for the Gophers, people would be saying, why do injuries like this always happen to us?

rowdaboat

Reaction score
Interesting, wondered if this might be true. Have you crunched some of the comparable numbers?
WNBA has been quite pathetic this season how few nationally televised games are, they play 11am weekday games and stream on Facebook for a handful. Two below for the finals

According to ESPN, the 2021 WNBA Finals were the most-viewed since 2017, with an average of 548,000 viewers across ESPN networks and ABC. The ratings also represent a 63 percent increase from those in 2020.

The 2022 NCAA Women's Final Four is the most-watched Final Four weekend since 2012, averaging 3.46 million viewers. The audience for the trio of games throughout the weekend was up 20 percent from 2021

Bfan

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the injury news. Paige Bueckers is an amazing play maker.

As a freshman sensation, Paige Bueckers:

-Scored 581 points.
-Scored at least 17 points in 23 games (out of 29).
-Made 64 3-pointers (192 points) with a .464 3-point shooting percentage.
-168 assists, a school record for rookies.

Fans love that kind of production. It's like football where fans follow the football and love playmakers. With Bueckers, she's making plays driving to the basket, throwing lots of 3's, assisting, and leading. Fans love that.
  • 2021 Wooden Award winner
  • 2021 Naismith Trophy winner
  • 2021 AP Player of the Year
  • 2021 USBWA Player and Freshman of the Year
  • 2021 WBCA, AP and USBWA First Team All-American
  • 2021 WBCA Freshman of the Year
  • 2021 Final Four All-Tournament Team
  • 2021 NCAA Tournament River Walk Region Most Outstanding Player
  • 2021 BIG EAST Player and Freshman of the Year
  • 2021 BIG EAST Tournament Most Outstanding Player
  • 2021 All-BIG EAST First Team
  • 2021 BIG EAST All-Freshman Team
  • 2021 espnW Player and Freshman of the Year

This Gophers team could soon have that playmaking star power fans love.

Bfan

Reaction score
Youthful Paige Bueckers hours ago streaming from, I assume, her room in Minnesota -- mentions her mom a couple times. Has the vibe of a girl's sleep over. Oh, says that's her sister with her.

Has 3k views already.

Top Bottom