All Things P.J. Fleck Rumor Mill Thread - Listed as Candidate for Other Jobs

Will they go the NFL route? I don't know.
Was just reading in The Athletic this morning about the job Brian Daboll has done this year with the Giants.

Maybe could be an outside the box pick? Bill O'Brian at Penn State - esque?

And wouldn't you know it: spent a year as Alabama OC, just like a bunch of other big time guys.

Maybe PJ is safe….. for another year 🤞

NFL rumors: Jim Harbaugh increasingly likely to stay at Michigan​

Seems likely Harbaugh heads back to the NFL eventually but he must be waiting on something in particular that hasn't been offered to him yet.

That or he has a particular destination in mind that has not come open.

Seems likely Harbaugh heads back to the NFL eventually but he must be waiting on something in particular that hasn't been offered to him yet.

That or he has a particular destination in mind that has not come open.
Or he's using it as a bargaining tool with Michigan. Next time contract negotiations come up he can be like "I was a finalist in a bunch of NFL HC job searches, give me what I want or I'm gone".

I have to think he wants to win a college championship at Michigan.

Why do people assume their is a NFL team that would want Jim Harbough? Although he had success at SF, he was generally not liked and mostly considered a clown. JH is exactly where he needs to be, at Michigan. Only a very desperate NFL would take a chance at him.

Why do people assume their is a NFL team that would want Jim Harbough? Although he had success at SF, he was generally not liked and mostly considered a clown. JH is exactly where he needs to be, at Michigan. Only a very desperate NFL would take a chance at him.
Denver interviewed him so clearly they were interested.

Because he has proven over and over he can turn things around quickly and maintain winning. I don't think he was disliked any more than many other HCs, Vikes just had one. Is he a bit quirky? Yes.

Because he has proven over and over he can turn things around quickly and maintain winning. I don't think he was disliked any more than many other HCs, Vikes just had one. Is he a bit quirky? Yes.
Nope, JH is a complete clown show, and those in the NFL know it!

Nope, JH is a complete clown show, and those in the NFL know it!

Well, the Vikings interviewed him, and at one point, Harbaugh was seen as the top candidate for the job, so the Vikes must be a clown show, too.

it's all about winning. winning cures all variety of issues.

Well he was until they interviewed him. Then it became clear he was not the right man for the job and they pivoted away quick.

Then again Urban Meyer got a job so anyone can.

Well, the Vikings interviewed him, and at one point, Harbaugh was seen as the top candidate for the job, so the Vikes must be a clown show, too.

it's all about winning. winning cures all variety of issues.
Big difference between interviewing someone and hiring/committing to them. Clown show!

Big difference between interviewing someone and hiring/committing to them. Clown show!
True....but you aren't going to interview him just for the heck of it. If they took the time to interview him then it means there was at least some interest in having him potentially become their next head coach.

He has a head coaching record of 44-19-1 and made a superbowl, this is a very very poor take, maybe some fans think hes a clown but harbaugh is well respected in football and many NFL teams would take him

He has a head coaching record of 44-19-1 and made a superbowl, this is a very very poor take, maybe some fans think hes a clown but harbaugh is well respected in football and many NFL teams would take him
Yeah, Harbaugh is a weird dude who does some strange things but he is also a good coach and has had success at both the NFL and college level.

He is clearly someone that teams are considering for NFL jobs and in all likelihood he ends up back in the NFL at some point here in the not too distant future.

He has a head coaching record of 44-19-1 and made a Super Bowl, this is a very very poor take, maybe some fans think he's a clown but Harbaugh is well respected in football and many NFL teams would take him

Just read an article about surprising and disappointing seasons.

Michigan, which went 13-1, won the Big Ten, beat tOSU again, made the "final four" and came within a TD of playing in the National Title game came first in the "disappointing" season category.

Unreal huh?

Don't care for him personally, but he's not a clown and he's been successful in the Pros and College. Maybe he just doesn't want to stay at a place that calls you a loser unless you win the Championship?

Something Michigan hasn't done in 26 years.

In a thread where folks are worried that Michigan may try to hire PJ away, you are drawing the line at folks thinking an NFL team would hire Harbaugh. Even when he was recently interviewed? Odd.

Just read an article about surprising and disappointing seasons.

Michigan, which went 13-1, won the Big Ten, beat tOSU again, made the "final four" and came within a TD of playing in the National Title game came first in the "disappointing" season category.

Unreal huh?

Don't care for him personally, but he's not a clown and he's been successful in the Pros and College. Maybe he just doesn't want to stay at a place that calls you a loser unless you win the Championship?

Something Michigan hasn't done in 26 years.
That's why I think he stays. He wants to win a championship. Michigan would be stupid to not make him the highest paid HC in the B1G.

In a thread where folks are worried that Michigan may try to hire PJ away, you are drawing the line at folks thinking an NFL team would hire Harbaugh. Even when he was recently interviewed? Odd.
That’s what I’m saying, in the end, there may be some desperate NFL team that hires JH, but the rest of the league will be laughing at that hire. IYKYK

That’s what I’m saying, in the end, there may be some desperate NFL team that hires JH, but the rest of the league will be laughing at that hire. IYKYK
Your nuts JH is a great coach NCAA or NFL but he’s up there in age which is a knock on him imo.

Top Bottom