All Things P.J. Fleck Rumor Mill Thread - Listed as Candidate for Other Jobs

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Your nuts JH is a great coach NCAA or NFL but he’s up there in age which is a knock on him imo.
I think the biggest knock on him is that he doesn't get along with anyone (allegedly). He is a good coach but essentially was such an ahole that the Vikings changed course at the last minute, the GM in San Fran hated his guts, etc. I don't know if any of this is true, but that's the rumor.

PMWinSTP

Reaction score
I think the biggest knock on him is that he doesn't get along with anyone (allegedly). He is a good coach but essentially was such an ahole that the Vikings changed course at the last minute, the GM in San Fran hated his guts, etc. I don't know if any of this is true, but that's the rumor.
His players love him.

HoustonTXGopher

Reaction score
This is a good general statement, but you’re being a little too kind to JH.

HoustonTXGopher

Reaction score
Did JH steal your girlfriend or something? You seem to have a strange beef with him.
No beef, I think he is entertaining. I just know how the NFL views him from multiple sources, and it's really bad. There is no front office that wants to deal with him.

Gophers_4life

Reaction score
No beef, I think he is entertaining. I just know how the NFL views him from multiple sources, and it's really bad. There is no front office that wants to deal with him.
Why do you think the Vikings interviewed him? Honest question

PMWinSTP

Reaction score
General sentiment is that he keeps getting interviews because he's a good coach. It keeps not working out because he's an asshole.

No idea if that's true.
He's currently making more than about 2/3 of NFL HCs, so that might be an issue.

Gophers1992

Reaction score
General sentiment is that he keeps getting interviews because he's a good coach. It keeps not working out because he's an asshole.

No idea if that's true.
That's a pretty reasonable theory, the part I don't get is if the whole NFL thinks Harbaugh is a "clown show" and it's such a widespread view as Houston is suggesting, it's odd that they would bother to interview him to begin with.

PMWinSTP

Reaction score
That's a pretty reasonable theory, the part I don't get is if the whole NFL thinks Harbaugh is a "clown show" and it's such a widespread view as Houston is suggesting, it's odd that they would bother to interview him to begin with.
Because he's not a "clown show".

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
The obvious reason would probably be that Houston thinks Harbaugh is a clown show but maybe doesn't speak for the NFL. :)

Top Bottom