All Things NCAA Transfers and NBA declaration

Does he have a history of not getting along with other coaches?

Not that I know of at all.
He does have a history of being an emotional player on the court.
Some view it as a good thing (passion), some view it as being a cry baby.
but as far as coaching beefs, no. All the coaches I know loved em.
I think Pitino will be good at managing him. I dont think there will be any issues at all.

It's disappointing to hear that we aren't even in on alot of these guys, yet a school like Iowa State is on maybe 10-15 big time transfers right now. I would've expected Pitino to be a hawk on these types of guys.

It's disappointing to hear that we aren't even in on alot of these guys, yet a school like Iowa State is on maybe 10-15 big time transfers right now. I would've expected Pitino to be a hawk on these types of guys.

There have been over 250 transfers so far with plenty more coming. I can guarantee they are in on some guys.

There have been over 250 transfers so far with plenty more coming. I can guarantee they are in on some guys.

I hope so! I would hope Pitino is snooping in the transfer market for some impact players right away for next year. One major transfer could turn us from maybe a tournament team to one who can do some damage!

They're going to have a pretty big roster next year then.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Georgetown guard Stephen Domingo will transfer, sources told <a href="https://twitter.com/CBSSports">@CBSSports</a>. Two years of eligibility remaining. Terrific shooter.</p>— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) <a href="https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/statuses/454276080602345472">April 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Arizona State's Egor Koulechov will transfer, source told <a href="https://twitter.com/CBSSports">@CBSSports</a>. Three years of eligibility remaining.</p>— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) <a href="https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/statuses/454328450405658624">April 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Arizona State's Calean Robinson will transfer, source told <a href="https://twitter.com/CBSSports">@CBSSports</a>. Two years of eligibility remaining.</p>— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) <a href="https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/statuses/454328563450515456">April 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

If we are not going to get Piper, I'm on board for using all the scholarships on transfers, I don't want to settle for 2014 high school player if they are not worthy. Bet you can get a good Center to come here if you inform them of the situation at that position once they sit out a year.

Jon Horford is transferring. I thought he was done, but apparently not.

I hope so! I would hope Pitino is snooping in the transfer market for some impact players right away for next year. One major transfer could turn us from maybe a tournament team to one who can do some damage!

First and foremost, I hope our coaches are (and suspect they are) making sure their own in-house business is taken care of. In other words, making sure there aren't any Gopher names added to the transfer list. We have several guys who played small roles this year but with a good off-season, could end up being better next year than any transfer we could get.

Deverell Biggs, Nebraska's third leading scorer (only played 15 games though), and Kale Abrahamson of Northwestern are transferring.

Biggs was kicked off the team in January. Doesn't seem like they missed him much.

First and foremost, I hope our coaches are (and suspect they are) making sure their own in-house business is taken care of. In other words, making sure there aren't any Gopher names added to the transfer list. We have several guys who played small roles this year but with a good off-season, could end up being better next year than any transfer we could get.

Who are you refering too? The only one that fits that criteria is Buggs. Richard already told Mcneil he'll have a chance to compete with Squirrel for the starting 3 spot. Couldn't imagine him transfering. EE? He'll get plenty of playing time next year even if Walker ends up starting. Lil Dre, Big Dre, King and Mo are all probable starters so I don't see any of them transfering a remote possibility. That covers our 7 returning players.

Who are you refering too? The only one that fits that criteria is Buggs. Richard already told Mcneil he'll have a chance to compete with Squirrel for the starting 3 spot. Couldn't imagine him transfering. EE? He'll get plenty of playing time next year even if Walker ends up starting. Lil Dre, Big Dre, King and Mo are all probable starters so I don't see any of them transfering a remote possibility. That covers our 7 returning players.

I'm not referring to any one player in particular, but there are many, many surprise names that come up every year. You make good points about the players you mention, but we don't know if that's the way they're thinking.

Freshman PG Kareem Canty has received his release and will transfer from Marshall. He led his team with 16.3 ppg this season, and has 3 years of eligibility remaining.

Freshman PG Kareem Canty has received his release and will transfer from Marshall. He led his team with 16.3 ppg this season, and has 3 years of eligibility remaining.

He had some nice offers out of HS, including ISU. Do I hear Fred calling?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Xavier's Justin Martin transferring. Will play final season elsewhere next year.</p>— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/statuses/454723066124566528">April 11, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Xavier's Justin Martin transferring. Will play final season elsewhere next year.</p>— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/statuses/454723066124566528">April 11, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He's eligible to play next year. 6'6'' forward who averaged 12 and 5 last year and shot 45%/37%/77%. Could be an option as a wing.

Xavier's 2nd leading scorer behind Semaj Christon (off to the NBA). Martin is 6'6, like the previous poster mentioned, and averaged 5.5 rebounds per game, so he would be a perfect fit to be our starting Small Forward and improve our teams rebounding while being a go-to scoring option as well.

2 more transfers pending from Houston: Ta'Shawn Thomas a 6'8 240lb Forward with one year of eligibility remaining. Averaged 15 pts, 8 boards, and 2.7 blocks last season. Danuel House a 6'7 195lb Guard with two years of eligibility remaining. Averaged 13.6 pts and 5.3 rebounds while shooting 43 % from the field and 33% from 3. Houston is currently blocking the players from transferring, but they likely will both get their release eventually. Kind of surprising that Sampson wasn't able to keep these guys in the fold for next year. I'd like to see either in Maroon and Gold, especially House as a bigger 2/3 with two years of eligibility left.

I agree with you. Not saying they will, but both Dre and EE could find a system they are better suited for. If Dre believes his future is at the point, he could leave and EE needs a place where he can get big minutes, not unlike what Iverson did. Most 7-1 centers who play good defense, are good rebounders, and block shots, get at least a shot at the NBA.

I agree with you. Not saying they will, but both Dre and EE could find a system they are better suited for. If Dre believes his future is at the point, he could leave and EE needs a place where he can get big minutes, not unlike what Iverson did. Most 7-1 centers who play good defense, are good rebounders, and block shots, get at least a shot at the NBA.

I'm not sure what your agenda is but EE played 810 minutes. If he stayed out of foul trouble he would have played more minutes.
If he didn't pass the ball to the other team for break away dunks he would have played more minutes. IS your problem with his time this past season or are you forecasting MO and Gaston and possibly someone else new will relegate him to the bench more often
this coming season hurting his "NBA opportunities"?

EE had a fabulous stretch from December 10th to January 19th and averaged 8.5 pts and 9.5 reb in that 9 game span. He also did not score a field goal at 7'1 in 10 (TEN) games. AND he managed one field goal in 5 other games. Leaving will not help his NBA chances.
Staying, competing and somehow finding that 9 game stretch for a consistent 40 games will increase his opportunities.

I'm not even going to address your comments on Andre because I can't be as nice about it. Stop trying to push guys out the door.
There are already hundreds looking for greener pastures, the world doesn't need more. What you are saying is that Pitino doesn't care about his players. You do realize that? You are saying you don't trust him to evaluate talent or develop it? Dance with that.

I don't have an agenda, I have an opinion. Don't read so much into things and pretend to tell me what I'm saying. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

7-0 Center Trevor Thompson of Virginia Tech is headed to Ohio State, and it officialy appears that Ohio State is stacked. (Could be the 2nd best team in the conference now). When you break it down, this is what their roster looks like.

PG- Shannon Scott
SG- De'Angelo Russell (#13 HS Senior)
SF- Sam Thompson
PF- Anthony Lee (stud Temple transfer)
C- Amir Williams

Bench...

SG- Amadeo De Valle
SF- Marc Loving
SF- Ja'Sean Tate (#28 HS Senior)
PF- Keita Bates-Diop (#22 HS Senior)
PF/C- Trey McDonald
C-Trevor Thompson (eligibility for 14-15 pending on waiver)

7-0 Center Trevor Thompson of Virginia Tech is headed to Ohio State, and it officialy appears that Ohio State is stacked. (Could be the 2nd best team in the conference now). When you break it down, this is what their roster looks like.

PG- Shannon Scott
SG- De'Angelo Russell (#13 HS Senior)
SF- Sam Thompson
PF- Anthony Lee (stud Temple transfer)
C- Amir Williams

Bench...

SG- Amadeo De Valle
SF- Marc Loving
SF- Ja'Sean Tate (#28 HS Senior)
PF- Keita Bates-Diop (#22 HS Senior)
PF/C- Trey McDonald
C-Trevor Thompson (eligibility for 14-15 pending on waiver)

Unless Tate or Russell are coldblooded from outside they still haven't addressed their biggest weakness, shooting, they just got better at what their strength is. Also, as much as I hate Craft, they do lose his defense. Nonetheless they did underachieve last year so I think they'll still finish higher in the conference 12-6ish. No reason we can't beat them at the barn

Unless Tate or Russell are coldblooded from outside they still haven't addressed their biggest weakness, shooting, they just got better at what their strength is. Also, as much as I hate Craft, they do lose his defense. Nonetheless they did underachieve last year so I think they'll still finish higher in the conference 12-6ish. No reason we can't beat them at the barn
Russell is supposed to be a very good shooter but not sure on Tate. I know the original post said Thompson's eligibility was pending a waiver but what kind of waiver is he trying to get? I thought he was just a transfer who would definitely have to sit out this next season.

EDIT: Saw the article about Thompson's transfer that stated his father has a medical condition so he could try for a waiver but they believed it was unlikely he would get it.

Russell is the best pure shooter in the class! He'll be outstanding for the Buckeyes.

Russell is supposed to be a very good shooter but not sure on Tate. I know the original post said Thompson's eligibility was pending a waiver but what kind of waiver is he trying to get? I thought he was just a transfer who would definitely have to sit out this next season.

EDIT: Saw the article about Thompson's transfer that stated his father has a medical condition so he could try for a waiver but they believed it was unlikely he would get it.

I'm guessing they'll ask him why he didn't choose Butler or IU or even Purdue if he was transferring because of his dad's medical condition. Just another kid looking for a loophole

Cinmeon Bowers to Auburn. Makes sense, Pearl used to coach UWM (Bowers is from Milwaukee) and is the kind of coach that would roll the dice on a troubled kid.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>2014 JUCO commitments today:
Tarik Phillip of Independence to WVU
Devin Foster of Vincennes to Penn St
Cinmeon Bowers of Chipola to Auburn</p>— Brad Winton (@JucoRecruiting) <a href="https://twitter.com/JucoRecruiting/statuses/455470581874688001">April 13, 2014</a></blockquote>

Cinmeon Bowers to Auburn. Makes sense, Pearl used to coach UWM (Bowers is from Milwaukee) and is the kind of coach that would roll the dice on a troubled kid.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>2014 JUCO commitments today:
Tarik Phillip of Independence to WVU
Devin Foster of Vincennes to Penn St
Cinmeon Bowers of Chipola to Auburn</p>— Brad Winton (@JucoRecruiting) <a href="https://twitter.com/JucoRecruiting/statuses/455470581874688001">April 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
Pearl is a rockstar in Auburn right now. If he wins a couple games this year they just might name a building after him.

UNLV leading scorer Bryce Dejean-Jones transfers to Iowa State

The 6-foot-5 guard led the Runnin Rebels in scoring last season (13.6 PPG) and will be eligible immediately since he's already graduated.

The addition of Dejean-Jones instantly makes the Cyclones a legitimate contender in the Big 12 next year along with Kansas and Oklahoma.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...er-bryce-dejean-jones-transfers-to-iowa-state

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom