All Things NCAA Transfers and NBA declaration

He would be the perfect pf here. Maybe he has an ill relative in Minny

Absolutely! But that is also the same year that King will be a senior and Martin will be hopefully established by then.

WHOA: Guards Nick Faust, Roddy Peters, and center Shaquille Cleare all transferring from Maryland! All three were impact players for the Terrapins this season.
-The 3 combined to averaged 17 ppg, 7 rpg, 4 apg this season.

WHOA: Nick Faust, Roddy Peters, and Shaquille Cleare all transferring from Maryland! All three were impact players for the Terrapins this season.
Saw that Maryland had 16 scholarships committed for next season so this must be their way of getting back down to 13.

Boston College PF Ryan Anderson is transferring and has one season of eligibility left, but will sit out a year. He averaged 14 ppg, 7 rpg this season, last year as a sophomore put up 15 ppg, 8 rpg. Could be worth a look from the Gophers.
Don't think he would be a great fit with having to sit out a year and having shoulder surgery during that year so when he would be eligible we would have King, Martin, Buggs, and hopefully Illikanen all primarily at the PF spot

He would be the perfect pf here. Maybe he has an ill relative in Minny

Not to try and further pry open the proverbial can of worms but…

Is there any chance the the NCAA might reconsider it’s transfer rule policy when a school dismisses its coach (like BC for example) in light of the recent NLRB Student/Athlete/Employee decision.

The change in coaches can greatly alter the athletic/work/play environment. Perhaps the NCAA should allow the Student/Athlete/Employee to transfer schools without penalty when a school dismisses or otherwise changes coaches.

WHOA: Guards Nick Faust, Roddy Peters, and center Shaquille Cleare all transferring from Maryland! All three were impact players for the Terrapins this season.

Peters might be of some interest. He was a four star kid and ranked 48th overall by Rivals. Didn't have a great freshman year, but I'd rather take a chance on a kid like him (even if that kid has to sit out a year) than take a borderline kid just to fill a scholarship. The negative with Peters is he is a PG and would end up in the same class with Mason just one class ahead of what should be a good PG recruit (Jarvis or someone else). It's not a bad thing to have multiple capable PG's (and Mason is more of a combo), so it wouldn't be a big issue as long as you could keep all 3 happy.

The coach and him could not seem to get along.

Was he simply benched the last 3 games, or actually suspended? (Suspended for not getting along with the coach?)

I'll say this, he can score, and the Gophers need scoring. Heck, everybody needs scoring. With 3 open scholarships, I hope the Gophers take a good look.

Definitely surprising seeing all those guys leave. Can't say I've seen Peters play but Faust was one of their more important players, he can heat it up from three at points, and Cleare is a big round mound. Looks like Maryland is going to replace him with two freshman 7 footers tho.

Definitely surprising seeing all those guys leave. Can't say I've seen Peters play but Faust was one of their more important players, he can heat it up from three at points, and Cleare is a big round mound. Looks like Maryland is going to replace him with two freshman 7 footers tho.

All were right around top 50 players come out of HS. Did Tubby go after Faust a bit? That name rings a bell. If all are leaving, I'm assuming there will be several programs interested in all of them.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Penn State freshman guard Graham Woodward has received his release from Penn State, his coach says.</p>— Alex Kline (@TheRecruitScoop) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheRecruitScoop/statuses/453872827364417538">April 9, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Penn State freshman guard Graham Woodward has received his release from Penn State, his coach says.</p>— Alex Kline (@TheRecruitScoop) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheRecruitScoop/statuses/453872827364417538">April 9, 2014</a></blockquote>

Go Gophers!!

Thats interesting, he got significant minutes last year as an undersized freshman....

UW Milwaukee is sanctioned for low APR score. They are banned for postseason next year.

Deverell Biggs, Nebraska's third leading scorer (only played 15 games though), and Kale Abrahamson of Northwestern are transferring.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Michigan's Jon Horford is transferring. Will graduate and be eligible immediately.</p>— Jeff Borzello (@jeffborzello) <a href="https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/statuses/454335677413744641">April 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

So many guys transferring, lets land some of these guys already, need some good recruiting news, its been too long.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Michigan's Jon Horford is transferring. Will graduate and be eligible immediately.</p>— Jeff Borzello (@jeffborzello) <a href="https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/statuses/454335677413744641">April 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
Maybe a sign that McGary could be coming back for Michigan?

Wow. With Morgan graduating and McGary's future in limbo, Horford would be one of their top post players. Doesn't make sense to me.

So many guys transferring, lets land some of these guys already, need some good recruiting news, its been too long.

Goodman's transfer list is up to 250. I'm sure we will be hearing some news soon enough.

Probably against NCAA rules, but it would be so cool if they made one of those Gopher videos that featured an "inside look into recruiting". Again, no names given, no secret sauces handed out, but just some shots of the coaches making phone calles, some blurred out white board strategy, etc, etc.

From the numbers, in the last 10 games of the season, Lofton shot 40% on 58 three point attempts.

I tend to agree with you. He was a sophomore in his first season of D-1 ball with a very inexperienced team. It simply took him a while to get going.

I hear the interest in Lofton has gained major steam and he should be getting offered within a week or so.
Hope its true, he's gotta killer instinct and can score like crazy.
Saw him against the Gopher gaurds at Pulley Pro-Am last summer.
But only time will tell.

I think last year it got up to around 600. There will be plenty more, just have to be patient.

Exactly why all the doom and gloom around here about us losing out on recruits and having to throw in the towel is a bunch of BS. Our starting 5 has already been set per Gopherhole in the last 24 hours and we don't even know whose on the team.

Remember where we were a year ago. Take a deep breath, exhale, and smile.

I hear the interest in Lofton has gained major steam and he should be getting offered within a week or so.
Hope its true, he's gotta killer instinct and can score like crazy.
Saw him against the Gopher gaurds at Pulley Pro-Am last summer.
But only time will tell.

Sorry if this was already talked about, but what was the deal with him not playing in the CBI?

Sorry if this was already talked about, but what was the deal with him not playing in the CBI?

He was suspended for unknown reasons.
Him and the Coach had difficulty getting on the same page all season.

2nd year Head Coach, seems to be somewhat of a trend in his first 2 seasons.
Change of scenery seems to be needed for both.

Does he have a history of not getting along with other coaches?

Would he need to sit out a year?

Top Bottom