All Things NCAA Tournament Games

Now this is a true case of an NIL rich team.
Which is bonkers. Look at the Houston side of the stands- completely full. Then look at Miami’s side- basically empty. It boggles my mind how a school that can never draw fans to their games can be so financially well off. Their section looks like a Miami football home game- a graveyard.

Not only did they not hire or even interview Dutcher, but we have essentially “doubled down” by forcing fans to sit through this garbage for another year, due to optics or some other BS reason. Life is short. Why waste time when you don’t have to?
Not only are we forced to sit through this indefinite death march, but we're forced to watch all our other candidates, potential candidates, and fired former coach enjoy varying levels of success far exceeding what our chosen one has engineered here.

Which is bonkers. Look at the Houston side of the stands- completely full. Then look at Miami’s side- basically empty. It boggles my mind how a school that can never draw fans to their games can be so financially well off. Their section looks like a Miami football home game- a graveyard.
I'm not sure about this year, but Miami basketball attendance is historically brutal. Last time I looked a few years ago, Northern State averaged higher home attendance than them. Doesn't matter. Just a rich alum willing to spend.

Now this is a true case of an NIL rich team.
Coral Gables is beautiful, Coach is cool, fun style of ball, good school and lots of talent in short shorts year round - heck I’d pay them to go play there.

Not only are we forced to sit through this indefinite death march, but we're forced to watch all our other candidates, potential candidates, and fired former coach enjoy varying levels of success far exceeding what our chosen one has engineered here.
At least Craig Smith remains in our price range. Dutcher may have just left it.

Dutcher’s team plays hard defense and has multiple players with above 80% FT percentages. Where do I sign up?

Coral Gables is beautiful, Coach is cool, okay fun style of ball, good school and lots of talent in short shorts year round - heck I’d pay them to go play there.
And a gorgeous campus. Yeah, lots of good reasons to go to school at the U (south campus)

Coral Gables is beautiful, Coach is cool, fun style of ball, good school and lots of talent in short shorts year round - heck I’d pay them to go play there.
Larranaga is a great example of why the "Dutcher is too old" stuff is bunk. He's 73 and was 61 when he left George Mason for Miami.

Dutcher’s team plays hard defense and has multiple players with above 80% FT percentages. Where do I sign up?
That’s the thing, his style of play would translate seamlessly to the Big Ten (it’s in his DNA). He’s a winner. Too bad the losers doing the hiring couldn’t overcome their significant limitations to understand that.

How about Ben’s former team excelling after he left? Just sayin’

Only Raff can get away with saying, “He did it the right way, not the wong way,” in this day and age.

Larranaga is a great example of why the "Dutcher is too old" stuff is bunk. He's 73 and was 61 when he left George Mason for Miami.
I remember the conversation being had back then. The idea that he'd leave George Mason was dismissed by most everyone. He was too old to take on a bigger challenge like a major-conference job. Then he went to Miami, and he was too old for that move to be anything other than a vanity-project semi-retirement gig. A dozen years there now...and now an Elite 8! A consummate pro and leader of young men.

I remember the conversation being had back then. The idea that he'd leave George Mason was dismissed by most everyone. He was too old to take on a bigger challenge like a major-conference job. Then he went to Miami, and he was too old for that move to be anything other than a vanity-project semi-retirement gig. A dozen years there now...and now an Elite 8! A consummate pro and leader of young men.
A second consecutive Elite Eight.

I’m in a pool with 60 brackets. Me and one other person have Texas winning it all. Everyone else has a team that’s already lost.

Top Bottom