All Things NCAA Tournament Games

Miss on purpose now, dummies.
Incredibly good look UCLA got because Gonzaga didn't miss on purpose. Why do teams keep making this mistake? At least Ben realized it after the Nebraska game.

Bad move at the end to let Gonzaga just march it up the floor with no token pressure

I hate Gonzaga. I hope UConn kicks their ass.
I've never understood the Gonzaga hate. I always thought that the small conference schools were supposed to be the tournament darlings who everyone cheers for once their team is eliminated (which, for the Gophers, is usually in January). I guess fans want those small conference schools to have one nice run, but not actually stay among the elite long term?

I've never understood the Gonzaga hate. I always thought that the small conference schools were supposed to be the tournament darlings who everyone cheers for once their team is eliminated (which, for the Gophers, is usually in January). I guess fans want those small conference schools to have one nice run, but not actually stay among the elite long term?

Gonzaga is different. They're not Florida Atlantic. They're a perennial powerhouse. Ranked in the AP top 25 at seasons end in 15 out of the last 20 seasons. 11 of those 15 have been Top 10.

Gonzaga is different. They're not Florida Atlantic. They're a perennial powerhouse. Ranked in the AP top 25 at seasons end in 15 out of the last 20 seasons. 11 of those 15 have been Top 10.
That's kind of my point. In 1999, they were some school no one had ever heard, with no major structural advantages, making their second tournament appearance ever, and they went on a Cinderella run to the Elite Eight. I personally think it's exciting that a Cinderella team can not only go on a run after coming out of nowhere, but also show there is hope that, with the right coach, that success can be sustained a quarter of a century later.

That's kind of my point. In 1999, they were some school no one had ever heard, with no major structural advantages, making their second tournament appearance ever, and they went on a Cinderella run to the Elite Eight. I personally think it's exciting that a Cinderella team can not only go on a run after coming out of nowhere, but also show there is hope that, with the right coach, that success can be sustained a quarter of a century later.

Sure, but a Cinderella that develops into a perennial powerhouse is no longer a Cinderella. They've progressed into a target of fan hatred just like a Duke

Top Bottom