All Things NCAA Tournament Games

There is a group of Big Ten coaches, Painter, Fran, Underwood, Holtman come to mind that usually are really good in conference but can’t do squat in the tournament. I can’t really put my finger on why because they don’t necessarily all play the same style. I do think a big center that can’t move hurts more than helps in the modern tournament. Thank god Evans decommited
What does Evans have to do with those coaches and why is his leaving a good thing?

Arizona For-Profit Christian U going down hard to Gonzaga.

Drake looking nice against Miami though!

Purdue with a complete meltdown the last 4 minutes.
You ever watch Miracle? When the US takes the lead, Herb looks over at the Soviet side and says they don’t know what to do being down. That’s what it felt like in this game at the end.

What does Evans have to do with those coaches and why is his leaving a good thing?
That part was a joke but I do think having a 5 that can guard on the perimeter is more important than one that’s great offensively. What wins in the tournament is different than what wins in the Big Ten.

Can’t imagine what the hell type of game Painter was trying to coach. Allthey had to do was put Edey under the basket or on the blocks and lob it to him. he was out beyond the 3 line setting screens late. Worse, Purdue played panicked AND got outhustled. Just wow.
There were a lot of possessions where Edy camped, but fdu pressured the guards and put two defenders in the lane. I imagine the screens was an attempt to get him to move around? Whatever he was trying to do though, it’s amazing that it failed so poorly.

There is a group of Big Ten coaches, Painter, Fran, Underwood, Holtman come to mind that usually are really good in conference but can’t do squat in the tournament. I can’t really put my finger on why because they don’t necessarily all play the same style. I do think a big center that can’t move hurts more than helps in the modern tournament. Thank god Evans decommited
It is a bit of mystery why they choke so bad in the tourney. FDU’s team height average is 6’3. How do U not have a game plan that Edey must touch the ball on almost every possession ???

What a choke job by Drake. Up 8 under 5 minutes and gong to lose by 6 or so.

I don't watch as much hoops as I used to, but I posted in the B1G tourney thread that I thought Purdue was a .500 team without Edey. I don't know how the NCAA does the seeding, but Purdue has to be one of the worst #1 seeds in the history of the tournament. Not very good guard play and a couple of white guys who are Rick Mount (look him up) wannabes.

Top Bottom