All Things Minnesota Timberwolves 2022-2023 In-Season Thread

Most dramatic thing for those that watched the game, was Sabonis exploding in rage when he got called for leaning into Gobert to knock him away. Not once but twice! Then they called a technical foul on him and he went even more berserk. Lip readers must have had a good time. He then went stomping off to the locker room loudly complaining all the way.

They then brought him back out to the amazement of most observers. Seems the official hadn't thrown him out.

Can understand the rage. Sabonis had been getting away with that move throughout the game. He finally fouled out with 51 seconds left in the 4th.

He should have fouled out way before that.

Last edited:

What is KAT's career NBA winning percentage? It has to be one of the lowest % for a player in the entire league.

His career wins vs losses is 224 wins and 279 losses for a .445 winning percentage.

Last edited:

Per Shama:

Marc Lore and Alex Rodriguez are expected to take over the majority share of ownership in the Wolves and WNBA Lynx in less than 12 months. The two men are on an installment plan to purchase the teams from Taylor.

Although Lore and Rodriguez exercised in writing their option for a second payment in December, Taylor said payment won’t be made until March 28. “They requested that they could delay (from a December 31 payment date)…and I had written them back and said I’ll accept their new date.”

Does Taylor expect the ownership sale for $1.5 billion to eventually take place? “Yes, I do,” he answered.

Howl Wolves!!

Per Shama:

Marc Lore and Alex Rodriguez are expected to take over the majority share of ownership in the Wolves and WNBA Lynx in less than 12 months. The two men are on an installment plan to purchase the teams from Taylor.

Although Lore and Rodriguez exercised in writing their option for a second payment in December, Taylor said payment won’t be made until March 28. “They requested that they could delay (from a December 31 payment date)…and I had written them back and said I’ll accept their new date.”

Does Taylor expect the ownership sale for $1.5 billion to eventually take place? “Yes, I do,” he answered.

Howl Wolves!!
I’ll believe it when I see it.

No Gobert, Towns or McLaughlin. Prince could only give them 21 minutes before he had to leave. Edwards went 2-11 from 3 but had 27. Russell who had 29pts, fouled out.

But the Wolves(28-26) beat Golden State(26-25) in overtime 119 to 114, and passed them in the standings for 7th place in the West.

Naz Reid had 24pts, 12 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 block, 1 steal and only 1 turnover. He sealed the victory when he took a 3, missed it but got the rebound and slammed it home for the final score.

Neither team shot well, and the Wolves were brutal from 3 and at the Free Throw line, but they had 6 less turnovers and dominated the Warriors in the 4th and in OT.

Last edited:

Hope McDaniels isn't hurt too badly. His ability to guard basically the other team's best offensive player, whether it's a point guard or a power forward is so valuable. Rivers did a real nice job on Curry after he went down.

ANT needs a better load management schedule to make the all star game. You can’t possibly make the all star game playing in basically every game.

Chip: The Timberwolves have a winning formula, so where does Karl-Anthony Towns fit?

The organization has been careful not to put a timeline on Towns' return, but the assumption is that he will return at some point, which means the Wolves will go through their third iteration.

Version 1: A disjointed mess that revealed inevitable growing pains after a roster shakeup forced the Wolves to reinvent themselves by pairing two big men.

Version 2: Towns' injury forced players to re-adjust roles and learn to play without him. The process was uneven early, but January signaled a turning point.

Version 3: Towns' presence back in lineup, whenever that is. How will it work and will it affect chemistry that has been improving since December are big unknowns.

Wolves coach Chris Finch described Towns' return as "dropping a big stone into a little puddle."

"The adjustments are going to be made on the fly," he said. "They will be significant when you bring a guy of that caliber back into the lineup. But I feel like we have figured out some things, for sure, defensively probably more than offensively."

Edwards has blossomed into a bona fide star in Towns' absence. He should remain the No. 1 option on offense when Towns returns. What we've learned is that the Wolves are now Ant's team.

Finch also noted that the Wolves own the No. 1 defense in the NBA when Gobert is on the floor but are No. 28 when he's on the bench. Translation: Gobert is going to play a lot.

It's up to Towns and Finch to figure out how to re-incorporate Towns' game within a formula that is working so well right now.

Howl Wolves!!

Side note. Lakers, with both Davis and LeBron playing came back and beat the Pacers in Indy 112-111. How?

Lakers had 31 Free Throws to Indiana's 6. They were down by 12 going into the 4th but they got 16 Free Throws. The Pacers didn't get even one.

“The foul discrepancy and free-throw discrepancy (16-0 in the fourth quarter), is something I've never seen in my 38 years in the league," Carlisle said, crediting the Lakers for being aggressive. “There was a lot going on out there and they'll see it in black and white in New York. Or actually, they'll see it in HD.”

Side note. Lakers, with both Davis and LeBron playing came back and beat the Pacers in Indy 112-111. How?

Lakers had 31 Free Throws to Indiana's 6. They were down by 12 going into the 4th but they got 16 Free Throws. The Pacers didn't get even one.

“The foul discrepancy and free-throw discrepancy (16-0 in the fourth quarter), is something I've never seen in my 38 years in the league," Carlisle said, crediting the Lakers for being aggressive. “There was a lot going on out there and they'll see it in black and white in New York. Or actually, they'll see it in HD.”
Who would the NBA prefer to be in the playoffs?

1. De’Aaron Fox (Kings): Sacramento is third in the West because Fox has been a top-notch closer. At least one teammate isn’t happy.
  2. Anthony Edwards (Wolves): Played in every game and has made the Wolves dangerous despite injuries. KAT called it a joke, but Edwards’ dog sees the big picture..
I’d have taken Edwards and Booker over George and Jackson..
  • Main Screen: Suns-Celtics (6:30 p.m. NBA TV). Phoenix badly needs a win, and the Celtics are coming off a 43-point victory.
  • League Pass Game of the Night: Magic-Wolves (7 p.m.). Anthony Edwards is a must-watch, and Orlando is 15-12 in its last 27 games.

Wtf happened? I was watching Rudy and Ant turning it over? I assume Prince stsrted it.

FIVE players ejected:
Wolves
Austin Rivers
Taurean Price
Jaden McDaniels

Magic
Mo Bamba
Jalen Suggs

Anderson played 5 minutes before leaving with back spasms. That took away their best ball handler. Late in the 3rd Quarter they lost Rivers, McDaniels and Prince to suspension.Nowell was brutal again and Knight was a non-factor. Edwards was terrible. He desperately needs the rest that the All Star game will give them. The team kept trying those idiotic "impossible" passes in traffic resulting in 20 turnovers. Orlando's bench gave them 72 while the lame Wolves bench got 49. Most of it after the suspensions and when the game was out of hand.

The league hasn't announced what the suspensions will be for Sunday's game against Charlotte.

"Magic to a 127-120 win against the Minnesota Timberwolves that included a fight between the teams and five player ejections Friday night.

The brawl broke out in front of the Orlando bench late in the third quarter, when Minnesota guard Austin Rivers and Magic center Mo Bamba got into an altercation. Bamba came off the bench and Rivers threw punches at him in a tussle that spilled over to include several others on the court.

As play initially continued at the far end, Jalen Suggs pulled Rivers away from Bamba and to the ground while other players joined in.

Rivers, Jaden McDaniels and Taurean Prince were ejected for the Timberwolves, who had lost forward Kyle Anderson earlier in the game due to injury. Bamba and Suggs were tossed for Orlando.."

Top Bottom