All Things Minnesota at UCLA at Rose Bowl Stadium October 12, 2024

What money goes to the U? They may take a handling fee, but the ticket money goes to UCLA. I have asked people in the athletic department and they have told me straight out that they don't benefit from fans buying road game tickets through the U.
They do benefit because it goes towards the numbers of tickets sold which is taken into account when selecting Bowl teams. It matters.

They do benefit because it goes towards the numbers of tickets sold which is taken into account when selecting Bowl teams. It matters.

The benefit to me is I sit with Gophers fans. Someone else posted that it's way more fun that way. If I was bringing my own crew in the form of a family experience maybe I would go for better seats.

The conferences have largely taken over the bowl selection process so the "who travels well" discussion is far less of an issue than it was previously. I am sure that they enjoy seeing a pack of Gopher fans all sitting together, but the athletic department really doesn't care where you buy your tickets. I have asked them.

Just got my tix. Does anyone else have as much trouble as me downloading tickets from StubHub? I'm not esp techy but their system seems to put me in futile cycles.

Parking is free at the Country Club with tailgate ticket, I checked. Then can walk to the game from there. For comparison, Rose Bowl parking through UCLA football is $38.
I am walking to the stadium (have an AirBnB within spitting distance) so $110 is just ridiculously overpriced. I mean the tailgate costs twice as much as the tickets!

StubHub is usually flawless for me. But for a recent Vikings game it was a nightmare from a TicketMaster based app where you had to come in/gain access a weird way. I guess I should have looked at that site to buy it.

Booked flights this week! The Bruins have a three week gauntlet before we play them, so I’m hoping Gopher fans and the team replicate the trip to Boulder in 2021!

In the meantime, this ear worm will be hard to shake.

California

UCLA just lost a blowout to Indiana.

Now the Bruins play #16 LSU, #9 Oregon and #10 Penn State before facing Minnesota. A gauntlet.

This is an unusual game. First ever Big Ten season for UCLA, a dismal record at the start, and Minnesota at the Rose Bowl.

1726428094206.png

When is the I gonna forward the tickets for the UCLA game? The site said after 9/13 so maybe this week?

There don't seem to be any tickets available for this game through the U. Anybody else run into this issue trying to buy tickets off Gopherssports.com?

What section are the visitor seats?

There don't seem to be any tickets available for this game through the U. Anybody else run into this issue trying to buy tickets off Gopherssports.com?

What section are the visitor seats?
Will be cheaper on secondary market. Sounds like official visitor section is 27 and 28. Although there will be probably 10k gopher fans so it probably doesn't matter. Looks like section 2-7 are behind the Gopher bench.

Top Bottom