All Things Kerwin Walton Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020)

Yeah I hate to say it but he’s probably gone. He’s likely the top target for UNC right now with their desperate need for shooters. Despite the playing time Pitino can offer, I have a tough time seeing him beating an all timer like Roy head to head.

Some have speculated that Pitino will keep a spot open for Walton. Given this news, I would hope Pitino takes the first impact wing he can get.

well.....UNC now has an open schollie….Brandon Hoffmann announced last night that he was transferring....at least something to keep an eye on
Huffman? dang, that guys is pro ready. oh man the team that lands that guy..

Some have speculated that Pitino will keep a spot open for Walton. Given this news, I would hope Pitino takes the first impact wing he can get.

I think, and maybe I'm wrong, Pitino is more connected to this than anyone on this site. He probably knows if he has a 1% chance or a 50% chance. If an impact wing wants to come and he knows he isn't getting Walton, he will take them. If he thinks he has a good shot at Walton, he will wait.

"this news" is just UNC have an open scholarship. It doesn't mean Walton is going there. He would have committed there already if it was cut and dry.

I think, and maybe I'm wrong, Pitino is more connected to this than anyone on this site. He probably knows if he has a 1% chance or a 50% chance. If an impact wing wants to come and he knows he isn't getting Walton, he will take them. If he thinks he has a good shot at Walton, he will wait.

"this news" is just UNC have an open scholarship. It doesn't mean Walton is going there. He would have committed there already if it was cut and dry.

Given the schollie just opened up, give it a day or two.

Walton and his so called handlers I’m sure have him headed to Carolina as a one and done No problem but why lead Minnesota down this path like it seems like so many others have? He in my opinion was never serious about coming here. And it appears his dad said as much by not mentioning the Gophers. This scenario so common it really doesn’t even bother me anymore. Let’s see if we can get that Peterson kid.

per Marcus' Q&A:

Q: If one scholarship is between Kerwin Walton and Rice transfer Drew Peterson what are the odds that Walton becomes a Gopher? – Rick Dunn (@Rdunn5)

A: The Gophers are pursuing several wing players to add to the roster next season. Walton, a four-star Hopkins senior, and Peterson are definitely top targets. Peterson, who reminds Pitino of ex-U standout Amir Coffey, said he will take his time to decide. Walton doesn’t have a timetable, either. The difference between them in the recruiting process is that Walton already has six finalists. He’s in a better position to pick a school before Peterson right now. The spring signing period starts April 15, but it was extended to August 1 due to the coronavirus pandemic (originally was May 20).

Go Gophers!!

This could theoretically drag on into the summer. That would be too much for me.

Unreal. Do people realize he wouldn't even be the Gophers highest rated recruit in THIS class? I am a fan of Walton but we're not chasing down The Unicorn (Holmgren) here. If he wasn't local we wouldn't know about him.

True, but a ticket office guy has a lead on an impact transfer. Any idea who that guy is?:)

True, but a ticket office guy has a lead on an impact transfer. Any idea who that guy is?:)

Haha. I do have an idea! If it comes to fruition I will share that email on here, with some stuff blanked out of course.

I could see Hurt transferring to UNC. It's not that big of a move.

Walton and his so called handlers I’m sure have him headed to Carolina as a one and done No problem but why lead Minnesota down this path like it seems like so many others have? He in my opinion was never serious about coming here. And it appears his dad said as much by not mentioning the Gophers. This scenario so common it really doesn’t even bother me anymore. Let’s see if we can get that Peterson kid.

Waltons a really good kid. Doesn't have nor need handlers.

Unreal. Do people realize he wouldn't even be the Gophers highest rated recruit in THIS class? I am a fan of Walton but we're not chasing down The Unicorn (Holmgren) here. If he wasn't local we wouldn't know about him.
Figures.

He had a perfectly valid point ... just one slight mistake in that he isn't a one and done. But the rest of his point was perfectly valid.

So of course, you jump all over the slight mistake and pretend that invalidates the entire point. :rolleyes:

Waltons a really good kid. Doesn't have nor need handlers.
His dad qualifies as a handler, I'm sure.

Is his dad taking money under the table, that even Kerwin himself isn't aware of?? Only Sr. himself can confirm or deny that.

You've seen the movie "He Got Game", right? (referring to Jesus's uncle)

Is his dad taking money under the table, that even Kerwin himself isn't aware of?? Only Sr. himself can confirm or deny that.

I wish you would keep your bizarre thoughts about cheating in college basketball to yourself and off of this board. It does happen but not as pervasive as you seem to think it is. Plus, you basically indicted Kerwin's dad by asking the question.

Ive heard nothing but good things about the family. Kerwin is making his own decision and his dad wouldn't be considered a handler. It's being a father and helping his son make a major life decision.

And yes He Got Game was one of my favorite movies as a teen, but I just personally don't think that the color green is evident in his recruitment

Ive heard nothing but good things about the family. Kerwin is making his own decision and his dad wouldn't be considered a handler. It's being a father and helping his son make a major life decision.

And yes He Got Game was one of my favorite movies as a teen, but I just personally don't think that the color green is evident in his recruitment
I'm sure you're correct. I'm sure Sr. is not taking money, and not being an overly bearing influence on Kerwin.

I'm sure Kerwin is not taking money and does not want to take money.

Or the movie “Bluechips” Staring Nick Nolte

Yes based on the reality show Big Blue Chips staring Michigan and Ed Martin

Former Santa Clara SG Trey Wertz (From the Charlotte area originally) is announcing Saturday and has UNC and Arizona in his 4 schools he’s picking from. Should impact Walton’s recruitment in one way or another.

Let's hope he picks UNC!

Man this is a roller coaster
No doubt. We've been saying maybe Pitino knows something when going after certain guys, but since Roy called walton maybe he knows something about wertz that he's not going there. Hope I'm wrong.

Top Bottom