All Things Kerwin Walton Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020)

caN we all admit this year is unlike any other year? NCAA is likely to pivot with Covid and go to a no sit transfer rule. It makes picking a school harder for some.
Thank you Mr. Walton for your thoughts and contributions. This community has shown how much we want Kerwin as a Gopher, where he will be treated as well as could be imagined.

Is it a Yes or No, sir?

Thank you Mr. Walton for your thoughts and contributions. This community has shown how much we want Kerwin as a Gopher, where he will be treated as well as could be imagined.

Is it a Yes or No, sir?
I hope the waiting isnt screwing up your Sunday too badly

Walton is in the driver's seat. We only have one scholarship. It's Walton's to take.

And the only school they overlap on is Minnesota (Walton and Kier).

Kier's other choices are Georgia and NC State.

Sooooooo .... why in the name of all things holy would he wait for Kier to announce.

Unless he's hoping beyond all hope that Kier picks the Gophers.

Walton is in the driver's seat. We only have one scholarship. It's Walton's to take.

And the only school they overlap on is Minnesota (Walton and Kier).

Kier's other choices are Georgia and NC State.

Sooooooo .... why in the name of all things holy would he wait for Kier to announce.

Unless he's hoping beyond all hope that Kier picks the Gophers.

Kier is going to announce Georgia tonight.

Kier is going to announce Georgia tonight.
If he feels that's the best place for him, then good for him and I wish him luck.

Also glad that it doesn't give Walton a cheap way to back out of having to look the Gophers in the eye when he turns them down.

At this point it certainly feels as if Kerwin is deliberately waiting until after 6:00pm and hoping Kier chooses Minnesota so that Kerwin can commit somewhere else and not be vilified for it here in Minnesota.
Becoming more obvious. Why lead MN on so much? Why bring MN back into the picture after Dad leaves them out? Is this more about Novak hanging onto a good relationship with U of M? Most Hopkins stars went to MN except Zeke. Is Novak worried about being an influence for these kids not to choose MN? What is going on here...

Pitino should call Krier, Peterson and Walton and just tell them the first one to accept gets the spot. Hopefully we get one of the three and aren’t left sitting without a player.

I hope the waiting isnt screwing up your Sunday too badly
Nah. I'm good - thanks for asking. just don't like being slow played like this.

But the sun will come up tomorrow, we'll be rooting for buckets next year and we have football (I hope, gulp) to look forwaderd to first!

I hope Walton’s dad is astute enough to know that if Kerwin doesn’t select the Gophers, and in the process of waiting too long, the Gophers lose good backup options, he’s going to burn bridges from both the program and fan base. Pitino is fighting for his job, and the Waltons are about to hang him out to dry. I understand tough choices, but this is ridiculous.

Pitino should call Krier, Peterson and Walton and just tell them the first one to accept gets the spot. Hopefully we get one of the three and aren’t left sitting without a player.
Doubt if we get any of the three.

I hope Walton’s dad is astute enough to know that if Kerwin doesn’t select the Gophers, and in the process of waiting too long, the Gophers lose good backup options, he’s going to burn bridges from both the program and fan base. Pitino is fighting for his job, and the Waltons are about to hang him out to dry. I understand tough choices, but this is ridiculous.
Perhaps this is his intention? Suggs didn't like Pitino, maybe something similar happened with Kerwin? Maybe Amir left early because of Pitino?

UNC with a nice last minute financial package for KW. No surprise how this one ended up.

UNC with a nice last minute financial package for KW. No surprise how this one ended up.

Do people really believe UNC is paying him? Look at their history. Look at their alumni network. Look at their NBA connections. They don’t need to pay Walton, they just need to recruit him.

Do people really believe UNC is paying him? Look at their history. Look at their alumni network. Look at their NBA connections. They don’t need to pay Walton, they just need to recruit him.
I really believe schools like UNC don't even have to risk direct payments. The high end players are going to get paid, if that's what they (and their families) want, by someone.

Odd take. Walton should not need to wait for Kier, should've been the other way around.

Top Bottom