All Things Kerwin Walton Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020)

I think the longer this takes the better off we are. He has to be torn with going that far from home under the covid 19 situation. Stay home where you have support. You will love every second player for the gophers!

Wait, Oturu, Coffey, Jarvis Johnson (turns out had a health problem, but wasn't he considered pretty high level?) Seems like we get one of those every other year or so, don't we?
I think Jarvis Johnson was a top 60 recruit at one point, but dropped out of the top 150 entirely by the time the final rankings were out.

I am guessing that there could be some lack of support or pushback for his gut feeling/favorite choice. It is difficult to make a decision if you feel that you could be letting down someone who is close to you. Hopefully his dad isn’t trying to get him to make a choice that his dad wants to stroking his ego....

Tough choice Kerwin. Let me make it easy for you. If you grew up wanting to be a gopher then come to the Gophers and live your dream. Then take the next step and head to the NBA like Daniel and Amir OR stay in town to leverage your time with the local team to build a successful business career like Hoffharber and many many others.

If you did not grow up dreaming of playing for the Gophers, or are an "attention whore", listen to built. ...and please head elsewhere.

I think Jarvis Johnson was a top 60 recruit at one point, but dropped out of the top 150 entirely by the time the final rankings were out.

He ended up at 179. I looked it up the other day when we were talking about recruits we got that had high level offers.

Tough choice Kerwin. Let me make it easy for you. If you grew up wanting to be a gopher then come to the Gophers and live your dream. Then take the next step and head to the NBA like Daniel and Amir OR stay in town to leverage your time with the local team to build a successful business career like Hoffharber and many many others.

If you did not grow up dreaming of playing for the Gophers, or are an "attention whore", listen to built. ...and please head elsewhere.
I would never be so tasteless to say more than chase your dream based on your own criteria. You must not know the Hoffarbers and what any of them would get done with or without having played for the Gophers. Not everyone that leaves is a attention whore, you must not know the Carlson's. Ben wanted to win, play for a better coach and program,play to large home crowds, play in a college town. There are a ton of cool experiences beyond the metro for kids growing up here. I think it is great when a kid wants to stay home when that is his dream.

Why would anybody like oturu want to play for the gophs...plenty of better coaches,programs, large crowds offered him...Oturu must be a moron or disagree with badgers narrative....Maybe he has loyalty and belief in his ability to succeed at home...

It's honestly not right how much refreshing I'm doing right now.

Wow. If you’re bored and want some comedy, just do a Twitter search for Kerwin Walton and look at the “latest”.

We think we’re crazy fans here maybe. We’re nothing on UNC and Arizona fans.

Honestly, I get the feeling this kid doesn't have a clue where he wants to go.

He's one of the very last top 100 recruits to declare, then sets a date and has drawn it out all day with absolutely nobody amongst his top schools having a clear indication one way or the other.

Why would anybody like oturu want to play for the gophs...plenty of better coaches,programs, large crowds offered him...Oturu must be a moron or disagree with badgers narrative....Maybe he has loyalty and belief in his ability to succeed at home...
You must know that some kids want to stay home. I have stated this for years. There are a great many things about picking the U.The reality is that the vast majority of the best players choose to go elsewhere.

Here is my Minnesota fandom dark thought:

Walton picks the Gophers, options 2-100 pick their schools, Walton gets cold feet and does not actually sign his LOI come signing day. Gophers shit out of luck as always.

Honestly, I get the feeling this kid doesn't have a clue where he wants to go.

He's one of the very last top 100 recruits to declare, then sets a date and has drawn it out all day with absolutely nobody amongst his top schools having a clear indication one way or the other.
It’s kind of strange. We as fans get so used to recruits soaking up every minute of the limelight that they can with their recruiting process. It’s strange when a kid just keeps the process to himself and doesn’t go seeking attention throughout. We often criticize recruits for attention seeking, so I guess maybe we shouldn’t criticize them when they do things Kerwins way.

Kerwin seems like a good kid. Hopefully he stays home

Here is my Minnesota fandom dark thought:

Walton picks the Gophers, options 2-100 pick their schools, Walton gets cold feet and does not actually sign his LOI come signing day. Gophers shit out of luck as always.
C'mon man - no negative mojo at this point. Killed football recruiting and NFL draft and this will be our cherry on top for an epic week of gopherdom!?

If Pitino really likes what he sees out of Kier, and Walton tap dances his way into Sunday or beyond, he may have to just pull the trigger on the grad transfer. Pitino has to do what's best for his team, and if thinks he can't afford to lose out on Kier or Peterson by waiting any longer, then he shouldn't.

I say he officially announces at 9:37 tonight. Over or under?

Hahaha, saw someone on Twitter asking if he was announcing on MySpace

I respect the privacy of the Walton's . There can be several things of the sensitive nature that could be a factor.

I respect the privacy of the Walton's . There can be several things of the sensitive nature that could be a factor.
Nobody on here is disrespecting the privacy of the Walton family. As far as I know, no one is peering through the family room window or holding a cup to the front door and listening in. We're just commenting on a message board.

Top Bottom