All Things Kerwin Walton Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020)

I'd think he meant 5 possible teams, but no I don't find it crazy. I think it's a little overdone for my taste, but it's not my commitment. He just seems overly thorough
definitely meant times lmao. exercise in satire about how he can't even make a decision on what time he will announce. but seems there's a kernel of truth to it.

hahaha it was 100% satire, never would've imagined it would be true to any degree. but honestly with his indecision so far, why would anybody be surprised that he can't even decide when he will announce where he will go to college
To be fair Ihnen didn't commit until 4/23 last year. We just had a 5 star commit to Texas today and we had a top 5 kid in the country commit late last week.

To be fair Ihnen didn't commit until 4/23 last year. We just had a 5 star commit to Texas today and we had a top 5 kid in the country commit late last week.

And we can expect a lot more of this in the future, with more transfers and one year rentals going on. Get used to it.

I think he really did want to hear everybody out and in the end will stay home. Someone who i really respect is picking Arizona.
Do you mean that someone you really respect is picking Kerwin to go to Arizona? Or do you mean that someone you really respect is choosing to play at Arizona?

He hasn’t decided on a time yet. He is still holding Zoom meetings with the various involved parties to determine what time would be the best fit for him to announce his decision. He will announce the time that he will be announcing his decision via Instagram live sometime in the morning. Doogie tweeted something about his dad saying they are still considering 5 different possible times and all are equally in the running
So what you’re saying is there’s actually a top six times that Kerwin is considering, and the dad just accidentally said five.

If it’s Creighton we are done for another 14 yes and by then it’s st Thomas time

Do you mean that someone you really respect is picking Kerwin to go to Arizona? Or do you mean that someone you really respect is choosing to play at Arizona?
AAU coach that i actually respect thinks Walton to Arizona.

Very little intel at all coming from the Walton camp. Couple of the best national insiders in the business think it comes down to Minnesota and North Carolina. Number of people have said though that nothing would really surprise them though as there has just been so little info. on the recruitment.

If players can get sponsors I wonder how that will impact the desire of kids to stay local. When you develop a name and a brand as a HS player you can capitalize on that by staying. Helps to have 18 Fortune 500 companies as well.

I think he really did want to hear everybody out and in the end will stay home. Someone who i really respect is picking Arizona.

in Built we trust as to his hunch that Walton stats home and doesn't pick the total sleeper,/off the radar pick, Wossamotta U, as they be killing it #Frostbite Falls

in Built we trust as to his hunch that Walton stats home and doesn't pick the total sleeper,/off the radar pick, Wossamotta U, as they be killing it #Frostbite Falls
Funny, my hunches were not good on Garcia ! I was right on Terry. Carlson does not count as i knew all of his information and was not picking the U. With Walton the timing of everything just points to staying home.

Funny, my hunches were not good on Garcia ! I was right on Terry. Carlson does not count as i knew all of his information and was not picking the U. With Walton the timing of everything just points to staying home.
If he signs on the line that is dotted today, is this the best overall week if recruiting for us ever? The overall includes PJ's onslaught this week also, so basically all revenue sports combined.

If he signs on the line that is dotted today, is this the best overall week if recruiting for us ever? The overall includes PJ's onslaught this week also, so basically all revenue sports combined.
We have signed classes that were the core of a Big 10 title team. In football this will be a great class with a outside shot to eventually win the conference combined with others. In basketball it would be a good class but not great. Will be a great deal of fun to see what they actually get done. In basketball, which i follow very closely, i watch exactly what other programs are returning and adding. We were not near the top of the conference and others return more and bring in better classes. The football side is very exciting because they are lead by a coach who can put teams together under the vision he has.

Fleck is actually doing what Brewster thought he could do.

And then he's also winning football games!

You talked to B. Williams ?
Who is B. Williams?

Actually, I challenge anyone to do the following: go on the internet and find out who coaches AAU teams in Minnesota.

Go ahead, give it a shot.

I think it's kinda pathetic how little information there is on this. Just shows how secretive and behind the scenes the whole thing is.

Who is B. Williams?

Actually, I challenge anyone to do the following: go on the internet and find out who coaches AAU teams in Minnesota.

I think it's kinda pathetic how little information there is on this. Just shows how secretive and behind the scenes the whole thing is.
Boo Williams.

There are some good MN AAU programs at do do things right here. Pulley is fine, Fury, MN Heat are others. D1 does an awful job on their website and so does Sizzle

Last edited:

Boo Williams.

There are some good MN AAU programs at do do things right here. Pulley is fine, Fury, MN Heat are others. D1 do any awful job on their website and so does Sizzle
Pulley, Fury, and Heat at least have decent websites. Pulley has some rosters.

None have coaches listed. Others have poor websites, if at all.

Can't even find an official list of AAU programs in Minnesota.

I think part of this is how shody and unorganized AAU is, itself. Not sure there is any level of national organization? Or if it is all state level organizations, and Minnesota's is lacking?

Who is B. Williams?

A whole lot of really selfish people. There used to be so many people in it for the kids. Now only a few of those guys left.

Top Bottom