All Things Kerwin Walton Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020)

Pulley, Fury, and Heat at least have decent websites. Pulley has some rosters.

None have coaches listed. Others have poor websites, if at all.

Can't even find an official list of AAU programs in Minnesota.

I think part of this is how shody and unorganized AAU is, itself. Not sure there is any level of national organization? Or if it is all state level organizations, and Minnesota's is lacking?
North Star hoops does a good job of organizing them, but you have to pay.... Ive never understood that if these guys are all about getting recognition for their players how they don’t have rosters and schedules updated for ease of the consumers. I know it drives college coaches insane too

Expected after 3pm.

NOTHING WILL CHANGE BETWEEN NOW AND THEN!

What are the % chances Walton does NOT announce anything today/tonight?

This whole thing has been extremely strange. Pick an arbitrary date to announce but no word on a time. Maybe he is just going for the most low-key reveal ever.

Maybe I am just more in touch with football recruiting, but does anyone else find it nuts that there isn't a single crystal ball for Walton on 247 at this stage of the game?

Maybe I am just more in touch with football recruiting, but does anyone else find it nuts that there isn't a single crystal ball for Walton on 247 at this stage of the game?

You are absolutely right on this one. Typically we see a run on crystal ball predictions in the last 24 hours. Nothing is getting leaked. Almost unprecedented.

Will announce in time to make the 6pm news and red star deadline

I know it can be difficult because so many of us prefer for him to play here but i learned a very long time ago to not really care because very often i have seen the 2nd and 3rd choice turn out better anyway. Just look at any top 100 list from any year and you will be amazed at how few met or exceeded expectations. Just recently i saw UVA miss on 6 point guards before they got Clark and he started on the national title team where as the other 6 never even won their conference. I want Walton too but it will not change my life in any meaningful way no matter where he goes.

This must be the week that Pitino is on furlough, so Walton is having a tough time getting him to answer his phone to commit to the Gophers. Guess we will have to wait until next week when Pitino is back at work...

Walton is very fortunate the spot is open. A whole bunch of coaches go first come first serve.

I just want it to be over.

So we can get over the idea that maybe, just maybe, this will be one of the rare times that a high-level Twin Cities player chooses the Gophers.

So we can get over the idea that maybe, just maybe, this will be one of the rare times that a high-level Twin Cities player chooses the Gophers.

Drama rarely ends well for the Gophers. This has been dramatic, if for no other reason than how long it has dragged out.

I know it can be difficult because so many of us prefer for him to play here but i learned a very long time ago to not really care because very often i have seen the 2nd and 3rd choice turn out better anyway. Just look at any top 100 list from any year and you will be amazed at how few met or exceeded expectations. Just recently i saw UVA miss on 6 point guards before they got Clark and he started on the national title team where as the other 6 never even won their conference. I want Walton too but it will not change my life in any meaningful way no matter where he goes.
Aside from Tyus, Nate Mason probably ended up better than Perkins, Newton, Nairn and Lachance in the 2014 class.

North Star hoops does a good job of organizing them, but you have to pay.... Ive never understood that if these guys are all about getting recognition for their players how they don’t have rosters and schedules updated for ease of the consumers. I know it drives college coaches insane too
Agreed. The organization. And communication is solid. I spoke with Arenesyand he provided most of the info I had.

Perspective on life has no place in sports! LOL Heck, perspective on sports has no place in sports! :)

Wait, Oturu, Coffey, Jarvis Johnson (turns out had a health problem, but wasn't he considered pretty high level?) Seems like we get one of those every other year or so, don't we?

Was there ever actually a quote, out of Kerwin's mouth or the dad's mouth, saying April 25th?

Or was that just because of the Stockrisers tweet?

Still no crystal balls, this kid is more tight lipped than anyone on the NSC

Top Bottom