All Things Kerwin Walton Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020)

I will agree with you, but my biggest thing is that all the cards have been in front of him for a year.
Yep, and it’s like that for most seniors who have any kind of choice. They know their merit scholarships, where they are accepted, by November or December of their senior year. And, they are still struggling with the decision come April 30. Most kids don’t have a dream school. They have different things they like about each school.

EVZqoL8WkAI5shn

This is the Morgan Stanley forecast for cases in the US. Obviously nobody knows what the hell will happen...but boy if that doesn't look like a potential second wave of infections during nearly the entire basketball season.

I promise this is not motivated reasoning, but I really think that the safety net of being close to family and community would lead me to want to stay home next year.

Best wishes to Kerwin whatever he decides. I hope he is a Gopher!

EVZqoL8WkAI5shn

This is the Morgan Stanley forecast for cases in the US. Obviously nobody knows what the hell will happen...but boy if that doesn't look like a potential second wave of infections during nearly the entire basketball season.

I promise this is not motivated reasoning, but I really think that the safety net of being close to family and community would lead me to want to stay home next year.

Best wishes to Kerwin whatever he decides. I hope he is a Gopher!

If anything close to this ends up playing out we're looking at not having sports or a normal life for the foreseeable future.

Nice, he wanted to go to a real college. Smart move, probably little chance of playing in the NBA and wants to get a degree that matters.
Notre Dame degree is not any better than a Big Ten degree.

It's only a difficult school to get into, because it has so many applicants. Not because it's some kind of amazing school, like UChicago.

And, they are still struggling with the decision come April 30. Most kids don’t have a dream school. They have different things they like about each school.
You can push this narrative all you want, doesn't make it true for most. Some kids it is true. Might be true in this case, sure. But it's not true for most.

I guarantee some families are pushing their kids to choose schools close(r) to home, because of exactly what you said.

Funny, this is what we want for basketball (for this player specifically), but not what we want in football, as we're trying to land a Seattle kid who has some crystal balls for U Wash.

Seven crystal balls went in last night for this player to Stanford. Pretty obvious the word is out, there. And the "prognosticators" want to add a cheap victory to their totals.
I saw that this morning too. Seems like a pretty sure thing.

So does that do anything for Kerwin to Arizona? Until the fat lady sings, I feel like that's still on the table.

Unless he finally came to his senses and told them "I'm not interested in a program that is factually proven to pay players money".

So does that do anything for Kerwin to Arizona? Until the fat lady sings, I feel like that's still on the table.

Unless he finally came to his senses and told them "I'm not interested in a program that is factually proven to pay players money".

I think Williams had moved on from Arizona and UNC as well for that matter awhile ago so probably doesn’t change a ton on the Walton front. It sucks but personally i’ve just accepted Kerwin’s going elsewhere and i’ll be pleasantly surprised if he stays home.

You can push this narrative all you want, doesn't make it true for most. Some kids it is true. Might be true in this case, sure. But it's not true for most.
Really? It is, but you can keep up with your uniformed belief. The majority of high school seniors make their college commitment in April each year leading up to May 1. Athletes are different because of their commitment timeline is different, but that doesn’t mean they are any different than other kids. And some struggle with a decision a lot more than others.

Really? It is, but you can keep up with your uniformed belief. The majority of high school seniors make their college commitment in April each year leading up to May 1. Athletes are different because of their commitment timeline is different, but that doesn’t mean they are any different than other kids. And some struggle with a decision a lot more than others.
People usually like to make their decision before senior year. This is not normal as you can look at the top 150. Nothing wrong with it, but not normal.

People usually like to make their decision before senior year. This is not normal as you can look at the top 150. Nothing wrong with it, but not normal.
Seems like I have seen three top 100 players commit in the last few days. Why should KW be any different?

If anything close to this ends up playing out we're looking at not having sports or a normal life for the foreseeable future.
Having led some of the most sophisticated modeling teams in financial services, which is extremely complex, forget some of these models. Common sense and data from worldometer will give you as good of a prediction as these models.

There is a lot of misinformation out there including how numbers are being reported.

How many top 100 are still uncommitted? Seems like most have, which make KW not the norm

Honestly not sure wtf the norm matters. Guess what, no matter the timing, someone is always going to be last. Why does being outside the norm mean that there is some sort of ulterior motive to waiting, rather than just a kid making his decision in his time. And he is making his decision for him, not for anyone on a message board.

Honestly not sure wtf the norm matters. Guess what, no matter the timing, someone is always going to be last. Why does being outside the norm mean that there is some sort of ulterior motive to waiting, rather than just a kid making his decision in his time. And he is making his decision for him, not for anyone on a message board.
It doesnt matter. Just stating it's not the norm.

I didn't realize Walton was making the decision for himself and not me. That changes everything.

I've hit my quota on snark now.

As a UNC fan, I was very much hoping they could land Wertz, and increase the chance the Gophers could get Walton. Now that they still have a scholarship available, I'm concerned. There's a rare opportunity available for a someone who is not a blue chip (by UNC standards) to come in and earn minutes early. They are bringing in good prospects, but they don't have a great group of wing players. He'd have some competition for minutes, but the guys he'd be competing with are not so highly rated that he wouldn't be right in the mix to play.

Seven crystal balls went in last night for this player to Stanford. Pretty obvious the word is out, there. And the "prognosticators" want to add a cheap victory to their totals.
FWIW, Williams to Stanford. Still an open spot at UNC and Arizona.

If he waits long enough he will not have a team to pick from. Not bad either. Go gophers!

Top Bottom