All Things Kerwin Walton Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020)

Is Walton waiting to see if Zeke will stick around AZ next year? I would think if Zeke goes pro then the less likely Walton goes there

I've thought about this as well but Nnaji is almost certainly going pro after this year.

I think the right thing to say about Gabe is he gives it up on the defensive end. He doesnt have tremendous athleticism but he plays extremely hard on that end.. He is probably even with Willis, and less athletic than Carr and Williams.

Good question. Hopefully he and some other recruits were at the game.

It was hard to tell since the guy in front of me has to be like 6'8, but I didn't see any recruits in their normal spot pregame. Granted, Trevor Mbakwe was sitting in the family section so maybe with a busier game some things got moved around.

Walton is easy to spot with his hair and size. He may have arrived later, I was distracted by looking for PJ in his usual seats (that were filled by Dre Hollins!!)

Walton with a nice stretch this weekend. 81 points in 18 hours. 39 vs Buffalo in a thrilling double OT win Friday night (Matthew Willert from Buffalo scored 53- St Cloud commit). Then 42 vs Totino Grace in a game that tipped at 12:30. The Friday night game was emotional and quick turnaround to Saturday’s game.

Never in a million years would that happen.
I agree. What could happen is that Walton could see time at both Willis and Gabe's positions. I think Gabe would be a much better player at 25-30 minutes than he is now. He is working his tail off on defense and it has to be hurting his shooting. The three could split time evenly and all would still see nearly 27 minutes. They could play the hot hand.

I agree. What could happen is that Walton could see time at both Willis and Gabe's positions. I think Gabe would be a much better player at 25-30 minutes than he is now. He is working his tail off on defense and it has to be hurting his shooting. The three could split time evenly and all would still see nearly 27 minutes. They could play the hot hand.
Agree. Walton wont start. He may who knows, but either way he will see plenty of minutes.

If he signs, the 4 man rotation of Kalscheur, Willis, Willams and Walton would give the RP lots of flexibility at the 2 and 3 spots and reduce the minutes of the starters some to keep them fresh during a game and the season. Plus I would think at least one of them would have a hot hand each night...hopefully

If he started in front of Gabe, it wouldn't bother me and I like Gabe, would only make our bench stronger. Both will get minutes

If he signs, the 4 man rotation of Kalscheur, Willis, Willams and Walton would give the RP lots of flexibility at the 2 and 3 spots and reduce the minutes of the starters some to keep them fresh during a game and the season. Plus I would think at least one of them would have a hot hand each night...hopefully
Your forgetting about Jamal Jr. coming in as well.

Your forgetting about Jamal Jr. coming in as well.
Was thinking of him as more of a rotation guy with Carr and Greenlee. Carr 25-30 min. Mash 10-15 and Greenlee 5

Was thinking of him as more of a rotation guy with Carr and Greenlee. Carr 25-30 min. Mash 10-15 and Greenlee 5
If Greenlee can't get minutes this year, I doubt he will get any minutes next year with another guard on the roster. Not that he can't improve, but we could really use someone to eat minutes and he still doesn't play.

If Greenlee can't get minutes this year, I doubt he will get any minutes next year with another guard on the roster. Not that he can't improve, but we could really use someone to eat minutes and he still doesn't play.

Yeah I will be surprised if Greenlee gets any minutes next year with how much guard depth we will have, especially if we get Walton.

Yeah I will be surprised if Greenlee gets any minutes next year with how much guard depth we will have, especially if we get Walton.

Since we don't graduate anybody in the backcourt, and Mashburn should take some minutes next year, it would take an injury [quickly knocks on wood] or a transfer/NBA declaration (Carr?) for him to get into the rotation. Or a dramatic improvement. I would love to see Carr get spelled a bit more, particularly in games when we have a comfortable lead.

It actually makes me wonder if he would take a redshirt or consider transferring, seeing as there would be a lot more potential opportunity after Willis graduates or potentially Carr leaves early (next year will be his 4th in college, who knows).

I agree. I really think he ends up transferring this year. His dad has been on Twitter complaining about how little play time he has gotten. I like Greenlee and think he could develop into a high quality backup, but I think he will leave for more playing time.

I agree. I really think he ends up transferring this year. His dad has been on Twitter complaining about how little play time he has gotten. I like Greenlee and think he could develop into a high quality backup, but I think he will leave for more playing time.
He hasn't deserved more PT so if that's really an issue for Greenlee than he should transfer. I think with an off-season of development he will be serviceable next year. Will have to wait and see.

Wasn't aware of that. To be fair, Bryan himself seems to have a great attitude and I haven't seen any signs that he's unhappy. I assume he's a good teammate. Reminds me of when Springs' brother was complaining on Twitter, but Akeem always had a good attitude and has been very positive about the program even after graduating.

Wasn't aware of that. To be fair, Bryan himself seems to have a great attitude and I haven't seen any signs that he's unhappy. I assume he's a good teammate. Reminds me of when Springs' brother was complaining on Twitter, but Akeem always had a good attitude and has been very positive about the program even after graduating.
Last I saw from the dad. Was that he was really defending Brian of people being critical For not contributing when he gets in once every 4th game for 2 minutes

Walton is fun to watch. Looks super raw too. To me it looks like he's just starting to tap into his potential. A lot of games he kind of sits back and gets his teammates involved, then takes over at the end. Really an elite shooter and very good in the clutch. Not surprised he has offers from Arizona, unc, etc. Would be huge to keep him home.

Top Bottom