All Things Isaiah Whitehead Thread UPDATED 9/18: Whitehead to Seton Hall

Well there goes my work productivity on this fine Friday afternoon. Time to open a dozen Twitter windows...

I sure hope the whole "master plan" and "thinking of doing something crazy" tweets weren't simply about the block barbecue.

Was this prediction based off the cryptic tweet?? If so, may be a bit presumptive. Hopefully it happens tho!

Jerry is 12 for 13 on his predictions of where 2014 recruits committed to... He's one of the head guys and knows his stuff! All we have to do is beat out Cuse which is easier said than done. If this happened though, I could see it helping get Travis and maybe even Vaughn (him and whitehead would obviously both start). If we got those 4 guys what would our lineup be?

Dre, Whitehead, Vaughn, Travis and a big?

Jerry is 12 for 13 on his predictions of where 2014 recruits committed to... He's one of the head guys and knows his stuff! All we have to do is beat out Cuse which is easier said than done. If this happened though, I could see it helping get Travis and maybe even Vaughn (him and whitehead would obviously both start). If we got those 4 guys what would our lineup be?

I don't think starting is going to be that big of a deal in Pitino's system. The difference between starting and not starting might be 5 minutes of playing time. Dre, Whitehead, Vaughn, and Jaquan would all get between 25 and 30 minutes I think.

I cannot believe the Gophers and Cuse are basically the only 2 that have a chance according to the experts... Look at these guys offers! Would be insane!

I don't think starting is going to be that big of a deal in Pitino's system. The difference between starting and not starting might be 5 minutes of playing time.

It's not a big deal to us... But do recruits see it that way? Usually, the answer is no.

Ripped Buckles at center. :D Or more likely skinny Mo or in shape EE.

I cannot believe the Gophers and Cuse are basically the only 2 that have a chance according to the experts... Look at these guys offers! Would be insane!

A school that we actually beat in facilities. Lol

What are the chances that Whitehead is a McD's All-American or at least a Jordan All-American (or whatever Royce White was)?

Per Marcus Filler ......

Meyer prediction for MInnesota to land Isaiah Whitehead and JaQuan Newton was a hunch on his part. No telling if it will come true.

Per Marcus Filler ......

Meyer prediction for MInnesota to land Isaiah Whitehead and JaQuan Newton was a hunch on his part. No telling if it will come true.

Jerry Meyer ‏@jerrymeyer247 3h
Based on a tweet, a hunch and a little more, changed Crystal Ball picks for JaQuan Newton & Isaiah Whitehead. http://247sports.com/User/Jerry Mey...tion.PrimaryPlayerSport.Recruitment.Year=2014

A tweet, a hunch, and a little more. Pretty tuned into the basketball recruiting world. Sure he knows what he's talking about.

Based on a tweet, a hunch and a little more, changed Crystal Ball picks for JaQuan Newton & Isaiah Whitehead. http://247sports.com/User/Jerry Mey...tion.PrimaryPlayerSport.Recruitment.Year=2014

A tweet, a hunch, and a little more. Pretty tuned into the basketball recruiting world. Sure he knows what he's talking about.

Marcus can never report anything positive, so he picked out "hunch" and left out the tweet, "a little more," and the fact Meyer is one of the top guys at 247.

Edit: And of course Tubby" lapdog, Parski, gobbled it up as fast as he could.

Based on a tweet, a hunch and a little more, changed Crystal Ball picks for JaQuan Newton & Isaiah Whitehead.

It's so stupid that they are allowed to change their predictions.

Signs point to the Gophers having a major edge if these two have decided to play together. My main concern is that Syracuse has shifted their focus to Newton and are about to offer him. Other than that, what could we be missing? I'm not concerned about Georgetown or Rutgers. Both players have shown more love for Minnesota.

It's so stupid that they are allowed to change their predictions.

Exactly, while his 14-1 record, or whatever it is, is pretty impressive. It's not like he can't change it tomorrow or a week from now when he gets new/updated information.

This is starting to heat up! Whitehead's top 5 on 247 has changed to a top 2 of Minnesota and Syracuse, and Shannon Terry, the CEO of 247, just added "Whitehead to Minnesota" to his Crystal Ball predictions. We're comin'! We're comin!

I haven't spent a ton of time on the 247 website. How plugged in are these guys? Do we really believe it is between Syracuse and Minnesota at this point?

I haven't spent a ton of time on the 247 website. How plugged in are these guys? Do we really believe it is between Syracuse and Minnesota at this point?

Not sure on the basketball side, but on the football side they were among the first to hear that Connor Mayes was about to commit (at which point they immediately started to change their crystal ball predictions like we are seeing here).

247, at least on the football side of things, has surpassed Rivals on many levels, IMO. For example, they are now the recruiting service affiliated with the Army all-american game, actually replacing Rivals. They as far as I know do not have a Minnesota based site but all of their ratings and the systems they have in place are excellent if you like to follow recruiting. Shannon Terry, the founder of 247, was the founder of Rivals and largely why it became so successful.

Looks like its time for us (me at least) to starting tweeting to them :)

Looks like its time for us (me at least) to starting tweeting to them :)

People are ahead of you on favoriting and retweeting Isaiah's tweets...they're all from MN too. We have a great fan base here, and players should know that

247, at least on the football side of things, has surpassed Rivals on many levels, IMO. For example, they are now the recruiting service affiliated with the Army all-american game, actually replacing Rivals. They as far as I know do not have a Minnesota based site but all of their ratings and the systems they have in place are excellent if you like to follow recruiting. Shannon Terry, the founder of 247, was the founder of Rivals and largely why it became so successful.

Thanks for the info JackiO and MadtownGopher. I've spent most of my time on Rivals over the years, but this looks to be a credible source that I should check out more often.

Very recently they added a Gophers 247 site. Kyle Goblirsch, Dan Owen, and Joe Funk do a great job. I think all their articles and "insider" info is actually free until the start of the football season.

Top Bottom