All Things Immaculate Grid-related (MLB, NBA, NFL)

Interesting, you must have gone old school. I chose a third baseman who had a short stint with the Twins, but a very unique batting stance.
Hmmmm, '00s?

...facts that Atlee Hammaker was an All-Star for the Giants...

Of course he was.

I was watching that game, and when Fred Lynn hit the first grand slam in all star history, a couple guys I was watching with said "That's gonna be a great trivia question in a few years...who hit the first GS in all star history!"

And I replied "The better question will be who threw the pitch".

Rays are bad news in the Grid. Could have gone all day without thinking of a Rays-Reds combo.
The Rays are particularly bad when matched up with a cost-conscious organization such as the Reds; they rarely trade for players already in MLB, instead prospects and the likes of Carl Crawford, Chris Archer, Evan Longoria aren't headed out to franchises mired in a small market, average to mediocre teams that the Reds have been since basically the Rays have existed.

God bless Immaculate Grid--it has been quite some time since I've thought about Bobby Kielty, Grant Balfour, Zoilo Versalles, Stojko Vrankovic, Jarret Culver and Tony Campbell but they all swirled together in a wonderful stew of mediocre memories (what was your favorite Vrankovic T-Wolves highlight???)

Another note--the Twins and Blue Jays have had some really interesting cross section of players in a relatively short period of time (Blue Jays have existed for 46 years). All three St. Paul prep to HOF players have played for both franchises, a former Twins ROY (Marty Cordova), a former MVP (Josh Donaldson w/the Jays), and all sorts of memorable former Twins, including Jose Berrios, Frank Viola, Francisco Liriano, Juan Berenguer, Mark Guthrie, LaTroy Hawkins, Shannon Stewart, Corey Koskie, and Steve Braun.

I tied you at .1%, my selection actually coached a HS Baseball Team that I played against.
Interesting, you must have gone old school. I chose a third baseman who had a short stint with the Twins, but a very unique batting stance.
Craig Kusick was the old school Twins/Jays combo I went with. Post MLB Career he taught and coached at Rosemount.

Used Span for the Twins/Rays and #7 for MVP.

Rather tough Baseball Grid today. For Orioles, 30+ SBs, even though Earl Weaver did not employ the strategy often there were 2 from the 70s - early 80s era that I was pretty sure had done that.

Pretty sure is not good enough though for the speedy Paul Blair choice. Fail. The other name I had thought of accomplished it, often.

Hint - For A's (200+ Hits) think old school. Like really old school, 2 and soon to be 3 cities ago. Nobody from their runs in the 70s-90s ever did it.

Rather tough Baseball Grid today. For Orioles, 30+ SBs, even though Earl Weaver did not employ the strategy often there were 2 from the 70s - early 80s era that I was pretty sure had done that.

Pretty sure is not good enough though for the speedy Paul Blair choice. Fail. The other name I had thought of accomplished it, often.

Hint - For A's (200+ Hits) think old school. Like really old school, 2 and soon to be 3 cities ago. Nobody from their runs in the 70s-90s ever did it.
I got the post 2000 A's player on my second guess. Unfortunately, today was one of my worst ever efforts. That was hard.

I blew it today. Had 8 squares but got my first guess wrong on Red Sox gold glove winners.
Similar, except I blew the GG winner for the Nats/Expos—and was really kicking myself after seeing a couple names on the list who I had considered.

And it kept me from pulling off the perfecta trifecta with the NFL and NBA which likely won’t come my way again any day soon 😕

Similar, except I blew the GG winner for the Nats/Expos—and was really kicking myself after seeing a couple names on the list who I had considered.

And it kept me from pulling off the perfecta trifecta with the NFL and NBA which likely won’t come my way again any day soon 😕
The Hawk.

Alert: Vikings on the grid.

Avoided first chance at perfection by trying Darrin Nelson in the Cowboys/Vikes cube. Stupid on my part. He was part of THE big trade but never played in Irving.

Alert: Vikings on the grid.

Avoided first chance at perfection by trying Darrin Nelson in the Cowboys/Vikes cube. Stupid on my part. He was part of THE big trade but never played in Irving.
I did the exact same thing! Gotta go with Jesse Solomon.

On the Hockey grid I took an educated guess with former Gopher Jordan Leopold, and got a 0.5%. Still I only got 5 right.

Top Bottom