All Things Gophers Basketball Class of 2022 Recruiting Thread

An athlete who can shoot? Sign him up every day!

Athlete doesn’t describe Eli King. He is a freak. Sam Jacobsen comes to mind. I’ve seen him throw down 360 dunks in games. He is just a joy to watch play basketball.

note: I have no connection to him. Just a massive fan of his ever since I saw him play as like an 8th grader in a state tournament game @ Target Center.

Kind of an interesting grouping there for Dort. I know its who he's hearing from most and isn't likely his favorites at the moment.

i'd presume it's gotta be WI or Iowa knowing nothing about it other than what i've read in the last 15 minutes lol

I would be shocked if he committed to the gophers so shortly after the coaching change. Hopefully I’m wrong.

Hurlburdt’s video looks very good! He can shoot and dribble. Not your typical stiff big man.

Don't think anyone is shocked hes not a Gopher. Colorado was the choice I guess.

I get it Johnson just started, but weren't these (STRONG MN family ties, fighting vs a fine Pac 12 team) the ones the great recruiter Ben Johnson going to dominate? Again, I get it he just started, but that can't be his excuse the same way Pitino "just had bad injuries " always operated. I'm sick of losing out to the Colorados of the world, I find that to be a recruiting problem.

I get it Johnson just started, but weren't these (STRONG MN family ties, fighting vs a fine Pac 12 team) the ones the great recruiter Ben Johnson going to dominate? Again, I get it he just started, but that can't be his excuse the same way Pitino "just had bad injuries " always operated. I'm sick of losing out to the Colorados of the world, I find that to be a recruiting problem.
It's probably not a great sign for 2022. Most of these guys have at least a strong lean already and a 13th place team with a new coach with zero experience isn't going to change their mind if that's the case. Hopefully at least a few of them are genuinely undecided.

I get it that we may be disappointed he isn’t coming here, but this is in no way Johnson’s fault. He isn’t a transfer where every team has a couple of weeks to recruit, these high school recruits have established relationships over several years. Such an up hill climb for us. But I was kinda hoping he was excited and loved the hire as well as had a great relationship with Conroy who was recruiting him.

This is just irrational

This is just irrational
It's not irrational. I said I get it hes new, hes not getting everyone that's fine, im not bailing on him because of this. But by the same token, there are people here who genuinely seem to think any and every kid with MN ties is a lock here now. I'm just saying it's not a great start for a kid we had several advantages with.

I get it that we may be disappointed he isn’t coming here, but this is in no way Johnson’s fault. He isn’t a transfer where every team has a couple of weeks to recruit, these high school recruits have established relationships over several years. Such an up hill climb for us. But I was kinda hoping he was excited and loved the hire as well as had a great relationship with Conroy who was recruiting him.

“Conroy who was recruiting him...” There in lies the problem .....

It's not irrational. I said I get it hes new, hes not getting everyone that's fine, im not bailing on him because of this. But by the same token, there are people here who genuinely seem to think any and every kid with MN ties is a lock here now. I'm just saying it's not a great start for a kid we had several advantages with.
"I get it that the sky is blue, but the sky is green."

That's what I see when I read your comment.

I don't think you get it

In the dictionary, the definition for the word “insanity” states: “not quite as crazy as leib0039”.

You “get” absolutely nothing, sir.

I’m good not getting a dude with a difficult last name. Too much effort to teach my dad how to pronounce it. Best thing about Johnson is that he can say it.

2022 class may be a bloodbath locally. Really curious to see who he can pull out it. 2021 ship has sailed mostly. 2022 is important. 0/1 but again don’t think we’ll miss hurlerburtler

Last edited:

I’m good not getting a dude with a difficult last name. Too much effort to teach my dad how to pronounce it. Best thing about Johnson is that he can say it.

2022 class may be a bloodbath locally. Really curious to see who he can pull out it. 2021 ship has sailed mostly. 2022 is important. 0/1 but again don’t think we’ll be hurlerburtler
None of the 2022 MN prospects have committed anywhere. Hurlburt isn’t from Minnesota.

In the dictionary, the definition for the word “insanity” states: “not quite as crazy as leib0039”.

You “get” absolutely nothing, sir.
Cool, thanks everyone! Guess I was way off, we should be very happy to even be mentioned with Hurlburt. Can't believe Johnson was so close to landing him in a week!

😁

Reactions: sal

None of the 2022 MN prospects have committed anywhere. Hurlburt isn’t from Minnesota.
I know. But he has local ties, plays AAU in Minnesota, etc. like a kid from Hudson isn’t from MN but is local. Seemed gettable. Clearly was not. Don’t blame Johnson and not really worried about it.

I just said it could be a bloodbath locally. I stand by that. Tons of high end talent. I am not optimistic. Granted I wasn’t optimistic for Pitino either so we shall see

Cool, thanks everyone! Guess I was way off, we should be very happy to even be mentioned with Hurlburt. Can't believe Johnson was so close to landing him in a week!

😁
Apology not accepted. Think about what you’ve done!!! Unpopular opinions are like asses—everyone kicks yours repeatedly because they don’t want to believe what you’re saying.

Top Bottom