All Things Gophers 2024-25 Schedule Updates

Big Ten opponents announced. I’ll update above later today.

Gophers home & homes are Michigan State, Penn State & Wisconsin.

Don’t have to play Illinois or Purdue on the road.

Won’t play Iowa, UCLA, or USC at home.

Last edited:

The Gophers will host Yale, per John Rothstein.

The early returns on the Gophers nonconference schedule are positive. It's already better than last season (not saying much).

Two more Power 5 and/or "notable" opponents and Ben is in the ballpark (5-6 decent games) where he needs to be for a non-conference schedule.

Last edited:

FWIW, FDU also played the Illini and Seton Hall last season. The BIG is grueling and very demanding and has been for a long time. This is how BIG teams and others schedule. But we all know Ben took the easy road last year. Looks as if he will notch it up a bit.

I must have missed it… what tournament are we in with Florida and Wake Forest?

My guess on the first round matchups…

Florida/TBA
Wake Forest/Gophers

I must have missed it… what tournament are we in with Florida and Wake Forest?

My guess on the first round matchups…

Florida/TBA
Wake Forest/Gophers
Formerly the ESPN Events Invitational, I think.

Sounds like it’s going from a 8-team bracket to two 4-team brackets. Another way the major conferences are weeding out the smaller conferences,

Why not face St.Thomas, South Dakota State, or North Dakota State? Oral Roberts doesn't have the studs it used to
Why not face St.Thomas, South Dakota State, or North Dakota State? Oral Roberts doesn't have the studs it usedAgree Iowa State, Creighton, Drake, Marquette
Why not face St.Thomas, South Dakota State, or North Dakota State? Oral Roberts doesn't have the studs it used to
Agree but add North Dakota, South Dakota, Creighton, Iowa Stare, Marquette, UW Green Bay, Northern Iowa, UW Milwaukee and Drake and lose ORU. That be the toughest non conference schedule the Gophers would have had in years and all games would be regional and potentially draw well

Amirite? The only teams we play twice in the conference schedule are Wisconsin,
Penn State and Michigan State?

Outside of UF and Wake, at least we are scheduling programs with some track record of success.

ORU made the tournament in 2021 and 2023
Yale made the tournament last season
Cleveland State made it in 2021 and 2022
FDU made it in 2023
Missouri made it in 2023(should be better this season)

If anything this staff is trying to put together a really competitive schedule. Hopefully these teams live up to recent success. Can't wait to see the 4th team in the MTE.

My guess is we'll be paired with either Wake or Florida in game 1 now because of this. Big opportunity to win and get another Q1 opportunity.
Our nonconference schedule is already looking better than last year. There's always going to be at least a couple cupcakes, every B1G team does it. But I like the way this is shaping up

Our nonconference schedule is already looking better than last year. There's always going to be at least a couple cupcakes, every B1G team does it. But I like the way this is shaping up

Yeah, it's much better than the last 3 years already. Could possibly have 3 Q1 games already(UF, Wake @Mizzou). Yale has been a good Ivy league team. ORU and Cleveland State have been good teams in their respective leagues. They're likely Q4 games, but not the 300+ that we've had. We only have 4 games left to fill and even with a couple 300+ teams I think we could be looking at a top 100 Non Conf SOS.

Last season MN played 11 non-conf scheduled games and obviously 18 regular BTN games. So far there are 7 scheduled non-conf games (Yale, Mizzou, ORU, Cleve St, FD, 2-Fla/Wake/WichSt) but with 20 conf games scheduled. With travel, etc. MN may elect to only add a couple more non-conf games...?

Last season MN played 11 non-conf scheduled games and obviously 18 regular BTN games. So far there are 7 scheduled non-conf games (Yale, Mizzou, ORU, Cleve St, FD, 2-Fla/Wake/WichSt) but with 20 conf games scheduled. With travel, etc. MN may elect to only add a couple more non-conf games...?
They've been playing 20 conference games for several years now. The # of non-conference games is not impacted.

It's crazy they had a 9-11 conference record with 18 games

Top Bottom