All Things Gopher Players Appeals Process

Just because Coyle survives does not mean he should survive here. An amazing lack of leadership and situation management from the ad of a major university.

Along with an incredible ability to ignore the obvious from weather guy.

Then Claeys should have no problem getting a P5 head coaching job next year considering he was fired by such a poor AD.

Your incredible obsession with me is hilarious.

No, I think this one of yours is...

Claeys is a very good position/coordinator coach, but he will never again be a P5 head coach. Coyle knows a lot more details about the situation than any of us arm chair jurors/lawyers do, and he will survive this ordeal. It is quite easy to jump to conclusions and proclaim your brilliance when you pontificate to a group that will never know all of the facts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you Nostradamus.

It's obvious you guys will never figure it out. Maybe down the road when Coyle is still here and Claeys is not a head coach, you'll finally connect the dots.
So splain it to us. Claeys is gone.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

No, I think this one of yours is...

Claeys is a very good position/coordinator coach, but he will never again be a P5 head coach. Coyle knows a lot more details about the situation than any of us arm chair jurors/lawyers do, and he will survive this ordeal. It is quite easy to jump to conclusions and proclaim your brilliance when you pontificate to a group that will never know all of the facts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not an arm chair lawyer, I am an actual lawyer. So, I guarantee you that he doesn't know more about the legal process than I do. I have never claimed to be brilliant and I have NEVER spoken on knowing any of the facts of the case. The fact is, neither does Coyle. That's not how facts work. The people who were there and the girl know what happened, that's it.

Here is the point, because it is obviously WAY over your head.

Claeys getting hired by another P5 of not has absolutely NOTHING to do with how Coyle acted. Zero. Tons of coaches who acted horribly have gotten other gigs. Tons of coaches who ran clean programs didn't. It has NOTHING to do with the discussion.

I'm not an arm chair lawyer, I am an actual lawyer. So, I guarantee you that he doesn't know more about the legal process than I do. I have never claimed to be brilliant and I have NEVER spoken on knowing any of the facts of the case. The fact is, neither does Coyle. That's not how facts work. The people who were there and the girl know what happened, that's it.

Here is the point, because it is obviously WAY over your head.

Claeys getting hired by another P5 of not has absolutely NOTHING to do with how Coyle acted. Zero. Tons of coaches who acted horribly have gotten other gigs. Tons of coaches who ran clean programs didn't. It has NOTHING to do with the discussion.

Explain your last paragraph to weather guy.

It's obvious you guys will never figure it out. Maybe down the road when Coyle is still here and Claeys is not a head coach, you'll finally connect the dots.

Good means that you won't need to prolong this any further.

No one? There's plenty of people on here who do. It's the same handful of people who don't.

Yeah, the guy who believes Coyle must be a good guy because PJF said so in his presser and you. Plenty.

Beatlejuice. Beatlejuice. Beatlejuice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one? There's plenty of people on here who do. It's the same handful of people who don't.

You still cant admit Coyle has responsibility and accountability for the football program.

I think you get it, just wont admit it since you are in waaaay too deep in your backing of Coyle.

Is Carlton Djam at the epicenter of this train derailment?

Someplace in another GH thread, it was mentioned he was picked by Billy Glasscock to be a host because of his GPA.

Is that true?
On Doogie's podcast a while back Tyrone Carter said Winfield was the recruits host. Not sure how accurate that is.

Based on what? Letting the school conclude their investigation?

This whole thread is about the players being 'unfairly punished' and now your changing your story to Coyle should be fired because he didn't punish them longer? Really can't make it up

Haven't changed my story one bit.

I get that there are a few of us that are pretty vocal and that bugs you. At this point we're talking past each other.

The key difference is that there are some people who believe that there is accountability for an atheletic director to be in charge. Not running things day-to-day, but in charge. And here's where I see the difference, there are some people on the board who believe in accountability for your actions or inactions.

As my signature indicates, if we want to change the culture, accountability needs to be brought into the situation. Claeys has been held accountable. Kaler and Coyle so far haven't. Kaler is up for a renewal in his contract in May. It is unlikely he survives this. He will be held accountable because of his actions, his inactions, and the damage he caused the University's reputation.

There is an amount of accountability that rests on Mark Coyle's shoulders as well. You're the only one who sees him as completely innocent. We can agree to disagree if he should be fired, but to deny there is any level of accountability for the fiasco this developed into is simply ignorant.

Someday you'll figure out accountability. And someday you may even experience that sometimes your held accountable for the things you didn't do when it is your responsibility. If the coach had been someone with Nick Saban's internal political clout, I might see the AD was hamstrung, but Claeys is the antithesis of the power college coach.

Hell, we're not sure how accurate anything is.

+1000

I thought Ryan Burns said it best in his podcast. We are all just speculating. This could go down in alot of different ways and we wont know anything until a decision is announced.

Hell, we're not sure how accurate anything is.

BINGO! But we shouldn't let that stop us from asking for people to be fired or ripping people with a differing view who have the nerve to post on a message board. We did elect Trump after all. We should expect no less.....

I get that there are a few of us that are pretty vocal and that bugs you. At this point we're talking past each other.

The key difference is that there are some people who believe that there is accountability for an atheistic director to be in charge. Not running things day-to-day, but in charge. And here's where I see the difference, there are some people on the board who believe in accountability for your actions or inactions.

Discussing Coyle's religious persuasion is a direction I didn't expect this thread to veer in.

The key difference is that there are some people who believe that there is accountability for an atheistic director to be in charge. Not running things day-to-day, but in charge. And here's where I see the difference, there are some people on the board who believe in accountability for your actions or inactions.

Discussing Coyle's religious persuasion is a direction I didn't expect this thread to veer in.

Yeah. Whoops. I have no indication of Mr. Coyle's religious beliefs. I fixed my typo...

No matter how many times someone posts Kaler won't survive past May or Coyle should be fired both are unlikely to happen.

No matter how many times someone posts Kaler won't survive past May or Coyle should be fired both are unlikely to happen.

You may be right. You may be wrong.

Coyle was the university representative who received the police report in September that clearly stated that the recruit was involved in this situation. He had the right, and obligation as Claeys direct supervisor to demand that those players who directly involved the recruit in the situation (and also provided a minor alcohol) be suspended. The buck stops at the top, and as the AD Coyle did not do what should have been expected of him.

But what about due process?

According to weather Coyle is not responsible nor accountable.

Can't make it up.

Personally I prefer Head Coaches that don't have the balls to express their opinions to their bosses and then express it in a tweet. That's leadership isn't it?

You still cant admit Coyle has responsibility and accountability for the football program.

I think you get it, just wont admit it since you are in waaaay too deep in your backing of Coyle.
Coyle was hired to change the scandal ridden athletic department 30 years of stuff happening and you say he should have had it turned around in 6 months . This is a man of high integrity who has already turned around other programs by taking the fallout as he is here.Every one of those programs were better off when he left competitively socially and financially and you guys want to hang him after 6 months in this situation. The mess created here was not started by him but by the students who engaged in the sex scandals over an extensive period of time. Nobody in a situation like this gets out without people howling and crying foul. But somebody has to say it stops here. And I for one believe it will.
Lets hope this review process produces answers that allow us to bring this to an end and that we can build an sthletic deoartment Minnesotans can be proud of.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Coyle was hired to change the scandal ridden athletic department 30 years of stuff happening and you say he should have had it turned around in 6 months . This is a man of high integrity who has already turned around other programs by taking the fallout as he is here.Every one of those programs were better off when he left competitively socially and financially and you guys want to hang him after 6 months in this situation. The mess created here was not started by him but by the students who engaged in the sex scandals over an extensive period of time. Nobody in a situation like this gets out without people howling and crying foul. But somebody has to say it stops here. And I for one believe it will.
Lets hope this review process produces answers that allow us to bring this to an end and that we can build an sthletic deoartment Minnesotans can be proud of.

Got it. It's one of those Matrix things where they hired MC to prepare for this incident that they knew was going to happen on his watch in the future. This explains why he's been non-existent to lead during this mess that spiraled out of control while he was at the helm. He's actually traveled back in time to try and undo this whole mess. And we'll all wake up one day and it will have never happened. Boy am I gonna sleep soundly tonight.

Don't confuse the reality that Claeys paid for his mistakes as deflection of blame. He made decisions, he got fired.

So what exactly happened to the AD for his failure to do his job?

He wasn't stupid enough to send out a tweet.

Would somebody please make me a list of the things that Coyle did that he should be fired for. Not things that piss you off but actual dereliction of his position that are firing events. And not just B S hearsay because there sre atleast 2-3 versions of almost every thing that happened. We have no way of knowing exactly what happened only tiny snippets in a highly publicized highly emotional event. With at least 2 dozen people trying to protect their asses on all sides. This is primarily an opinion board and the accuracy of information here can be in question quite often. If you want to see change get actively involved in athletics at U of M and promote changes that match what is right. Anybody can bit** but real positive change takes nasty hard work and people willing to do it.

Top Bottom