All Things Eric Curry Update Thread

FWIW, the infamous 247 crystal ball is trending heavily towards MN. 8 predictions since yesterday evening and 7 of them MN

Looks like we shall know by 8am tomorrow.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I am a strong proponent of capitalism and am not asking anyone to disseminate info from a paid message board, but the fact that Ryan James included the winking smiley has to be good news re: Eric Curry... right???!!

I am a strong proponent of capitalism and am not asking anyone to disseminate info from a paid message board, but the fact that Ryan James included the winking smiley has to be good news re: Eric Curry... right???!!

I will say that it is not bad news. ;)

Major tease to those of us who are too cheap to buy a membership

James just says he's hearing it's Minnesota from various sources. 99% done deal.

If we get him, the 16-17 season is going to be the most anticipated since Royce and Rodney were freshmen. Hopefully it goes down better than that season.

Arkansas fans already completely flabbergasted that a kid would choose Minnesota over Arkansas :cry:

After what we went through a couple years ago I get it. There is a little history on this topic with Quincy Lewis in the past and mo hargrow (both ways), and ragnow in football

And this right when they are opening their new bball facility.

Really liking the parents we're adding to the gopher bball family

It looks like he double dribbles as he gets to the top of the key, but it could be just an awkward crossover.

He looks like he put on a little weight (which is good). Dig the fro too. Him and Lynch might be our back up PF/C duo, both sporting fros. I like it.

How good is our PF depth going to be next year?

He looks like he put on a little weight (which is good). Dig the fro too. Him and Lynch might be our back up PF/C duo, both sporting fros. I like it.

How good is our PF depth going to be next year?

Not to sidetrack from Eric Curry (he had 19 PTS and 15 REB last game), but Lynch should under no circumstances be coming off the bench next year. He's considerably more skilled and physical then Konate. (Diedhou is irelevant) Murphy and Lynch should start, Curry and Konate should be solid guys off the bench.

Not to sidetrack from Eric Curry (he had 19 PTS and 15 REB last game), but Lynch should under no circumstances be coming off the bench next year. He's considerably more skilled and physical then Konate. (Diedhou is irelevant) Murphy and Lynch should start, Curry and Konate should be solid guys off the bench.
As of today yes, but a lot of basketball left for Konate this year.

As of today yes, but a lot of basketball left for Konate this year.

To be fair, it's not like Lynch can't play basketball this year. Still involved in practices, so hopefully he's improving as well.

I'm sure Konate and Lynch will both be making starts next year. I just figure Konate will be the starter day 1 due to the amount of time he's been in the program vs Lynch.

How do you know this? Didn't he struggle significantly int he scrimmage?

I hope it is Lynch. Not impressed with the Bakery guy.

I attended the scrimmage and Lynch's offensive skill set is pretty limited. When he received ball in post he would simply put his head down, take one power dribble, and usually try to force a contested shot (for a point of reference- Mo Walker's offensive skill set his Sr. year was light years ahead of where Lynch is right now). Of course this is a very limited sample size, and it's not to say he cannot make significant strides, but coming in he is going to need to progress to be a more complete player. As advertised, he looked good defensively/rebounding.

While I'm at it- I really thought Fitzgerald looked weak as well during that scrimmage. I remember there being reports of him coming off an injury/being sick, but for the amount of size he had/apparent athletic ability, he spent a whole lot of time on the perimeter putting up 16 ft jumpers. Didn't seem to have a good feel for how to take advantage of his physical strengths and get buckets down in the post.

This is all to say that I think next year's starting line up is far from set- really excited about having that level of competition for starting spots.

Definitely. The other two you forgot to mention aren't scrubs either.

To be fair, it's not like Lynch can't play basketball this year. Still involved in practices, so hopefully he's improving as well.
Agreed and I am sure he is, but I think a lot of times athletes gain confidence when they can see it pay off in a game. practices are controlled games aren't. I think success or failure in a game has a lot more of an affect on someone than practice

Hope you're right.

So excited for this team next year with curry, Fitzgerald , lynch, hurt coming of bench and Coffey. Exciting

Top Bottom