All Things Elijah Thomas ('15) Thread

well from the sounds of it, he got back together with his Bloomington gf yesterday, we need to make sure they stay together until he signs on the dotted line. As gopher fans, should we start sending gifts on their behalf to each other? or is that too much? we should probably just stick to writing love letters, or...I mean, how much do we want this kid

well from the sounds of it, he got back together with his Bloomington gf yesterday, we need to make sure they stay together until he signs on the dotted line. As gopher fans, should we start sending gifts on their behalf to each other? or is that too much? we should probably just stick to writing love letters, or...I mean, how much do we want this kid

you are one sick individual....

Yes Okafor and Tyus followed through on their package, but most of the time they don't actually happen. How many different package deals did we hear about for the 2014 class that never materialized?

yeah, but they are from the same area, and seem really close, and besides whats wrong with trying to bring his 4 star SG buddy along (though admittedly, 6'2 is short for a SG, but I guess he can be like dre hollins)

We seem to be in the hunt, but Larry Brown at hometown SMU is also all over this kid. (Speaking of Larry Brown, isn't he like 80 years old or something? When is that guy going to retire?) SMU basketball program is getting feisty ... you had to wonder what all those eager SMU alumni have been doing since their beloved football program got killed.

good ole Sherwood Blunt, greatest booster name ever

"Mon" is Admon Gilder

Q. Are you and mon going to the same college?

A. That's the plan

Q. dem gophers talk to mon yet? you two would kill it up there in the B1G

A. No they haven't!

better tell your guy kamini about mon, they gonna be missing out on a stud

You got to tweet em and let him know! Haha

Also found this quotes interesting

What do you think about coach P at Minny?

Very cool guy

Hey don't dude named kamini young coach there? I know him from a couple years back, dude is swag

Yep that's my guy

you know anything about Alex Illikainen? You two would make the best front court in the country

I don't know who he is but sounds like he good

you plan on cutting your list down a bit, 24 schools is a lot

Yeah to no more than 11 at the end of the school I think or right before summer ends

why you like smu?

Close to home , great fans and program!

What school coaches be talking to you the most? What fans be talking to you the most?

Minnesota , Ohio state , Florida , Texas , SMU, Memphis , UNLV, Oklahoma state , Oregon , Illionis , USC, Alabama ,

are you asking him all these questions?

Nope, But I'm assuming other posters on here are, ton of gopher questions in the past few hours

also, check out this clown, probably someone from bucky who saw this thread

Wisconsin fan here. Don't go to Minnesota, you wouldn't be able to handle the B1G,, teams like my badgers would OWN you on the court. Its tough man conference, and you ain't tough enough, go play at whatever crappy conference smu be in, its where you belong

You sound stupid lol better ask somebody

That Wisconsin post probably helps us. He seems like the type that would want to prove doubters wrong and it sounds like he is already developing a dislike for Wisconsin!

Say what you want about committing some "NCAA violation", when Elijah comes to Eagan for the EYBl in May, I hope gopher fans show him some love and let him know how much "GopherNation" wants him.

coaching staff working hard

when was the last time the gophers contacted you? was it a phone call? text? and what coach

4 mins ago

was it kamini who contacted you? next time him he is the man! fo real tho, I love that guy

McHale

According to his twitter feed, he went out of his way to make it clear he is still looking at all 24 schools on his list, not just regional ones.

I was just thinking, imagine if we get all of our big man targets through 2015. Our front court could look like this going into 2015-2016:

C - Elijah Thomas/Anas Mohmoud
PF - Josh Martin/Alex Illkainen/
SF - Carlos Morris/Charles Buggs or Joey King

Alright, back to reality.

According to his twitter feed, he went out of his way to make it clear he is still looking at all 24 schools on his list, not just regional ones.

I was just thinking, imagine if we get all of our big man targets through 2015. Our front court could look like this going into 2015-2016:

C - Elijah Thomas/Anas Mohmoud
PF - Josh Martin/Alex Illkainen/
SF - Carlos Morris/Charles Buggs or Joey King

Alright, back to reality.

If we could get 1 of those three (Thomas, Illikainen, Mahmoud) I'd be satisfied. If we somehow got 2 of the three, I'd be absolutely thrilled!

Where is his buddy being recruited? Seems like it could be a package deal situation.

So does Eli's girlfriend actually live in MN or is she just originally from there and her mom still lives there? That would make a pretty big difference IMO.

I'm sure Eli loves the attention from MN fans. As we saw with Rashad Vaughn's recruitment, ISU fans obsessing over him ended up not making a big enough difference and I fear that's the case here. It's going to be tough to convince Eli to come north unless his gf actually lives here.

So does Eli's girlfriend actually live in MN or is she just originally from there and her mom still lives there? That would make a pretty big difference IMO.

I'm sure Eli loves the attention from MN fans. As we saw with Rashad Vaughn's recruitment, ISU fans obsessing over him ended up not making a big enough difference and I fear that's the case here. It's going to be tough to convince Eli to come north unless his gf actually lives here.

His girlfriend lives in bloomington and doesn't a family member of his work at the U, thought it was an aunt? and when it comes to Vaughn, things went bad for ISU once vaughn got his handler in charge, as long as Thomas doesn't go that route I think we are fine, and honestly I won't be heartbroken if we don't get him, its pretty crazy that he is even considering us. Also Thomas is a smart kid, 3.8gpa according to him, he doesn't seem shady like vaughn, and he actually values education and isn't trying to go to the nba after 1 year, he is actually interested in college, vaughn could care less, just wants to pro

His girlfriend lives in bloomington and doesn't a family member of his work at the U, thought it was an aunt? and when it comes to Vaughn, things went bad for ISU once vaughn got his handler in charge, as long as Thomas doesn't go that route I think we are fine, and honestly I won't be heartbroken if we don't get him, its pretty crazy that he is even considering us. Also Thomas is a smart kid, 3.8gpa according to him, he doesn't seem shady like vaughn, and he actually values education and isn't trying to go to the nba after 1 year, he is actually interested in college, vaughn could care less, just wants to pro

I also remember it being an aunt that works for the U. As far as being a one and done, he said he values education but he would go to the nba if they call.

I asked Elijah if his friend was hearing from Mn at all, and he responded with no i wish.

Someones got to let Pitino know Elijah and his friend are a package deal, and that we best offer his buddy too. Start tweeting the Richie Rich

I asked Elijah if his friend was hearing from Mn at all, and he responded with no i wish.

If I'm the Gophers coaching staff I don't care if his friend is as bad as the Pros in Space Jam after the aliens steal their skills... Give the kid an offer!!!

If I'm the Gophers coaching staff I don't care if his friend is as bad as the Pros in Space Jam after the aliens steal their skills... Give the kid an offer!!!

The kid is a 4 star SG, so it isn't like he is bad, he is just short for the SG position, but the guy is a lights out shooter. I hope Pitino gives the kid a look, with Elijah's comments it really sounds like that he'd love come here with his buddy

Top Bottom