All Things Elijah Thomas ('15) Thread

I think he is just as good as Diamond Stone who is widely regarded as the best big man in the 2015 class.

Elijah just seems like a kid that will do something different. Go against what seems to be the norm of choosing a Duke/UK/Kansas type. I really think he wants to pave his own way. I am really excited, and think there is definitely a solid possibility he becomes a Gopher

Elijah just seems like a kid that will do something different. Go against what seems to be the norm of choosing a Duke/UK/Kansas type. I really think he wants to pave his own way. I am really excited, and think there is definitely a solid possibility he becomes a Gopher

Maybe this is what you were referring to, but I believe he already eliminated most of the blue blood schools who were after him. Can't find the list of schools he announced awhile back, might be in the 2015 recruiting thread.

Also thought I'd say he's retweeted a couple of LSU basketball posts recently in addition to Tyrann Mathieu. He also retweeted Rashad Vaughn's tweet about narrowing to list of 5 soon.

EDIT: With regard to the University of Minnesota Pretty Colleges retweet, he retweeted posts from that account about 5 other schools a few days ago. I feel like I'm being a wet blanket and overanalyzing things and I'm not sure I like it lol

Maybe this is what you were referring to, but I believe he already eliminated most of the blue blood schools who were after him. Can't find the list of schools he announced awhile back, might be in the 2015 recruiting thread.

Also thought I'd say he's retweeted a couple of LSU basketball posts recently in addition to Tyrann Mathieu. He also retweeted Rashad Vaughn's tweet about narrowing to list of 5 soon.

EDIT: With regard to the University of Minnesota Pretty Colleges retweet, he retweeted posts from that account about 5 other schools a few days ago. I feel like I'm being a wet blanket and overanalyzing things and I'm not sure I like it lol

Yeah....he "narrowed" his list to 24 awhile back. I think the last time I checked Yahoo had the current 24 listed. Pretty sure it was no Duke/Kentucky/Kansas.

Yeah....he "narrowed" his list to 24 awhile back. I think the last time I checked Yahoo had the current 24 listed. Pretty sure it was no Duke/Kentucky/Kansas.

The List:

School Interest Offer Visit Recruited by
Alabama Medium Offered None
Arizona Medium Offered None
Baylor Medium Offered None
Florida Medium Offered None
Georgetown Medium Offered None
Illinois Medium Offered None
Indiana Medium Offered None
Louisville Medium Offered None
LSU Medium Offered None
Michigan Medium None
Minnesota Medium Offered None
Missouri Medium Offered None
North Carolina Medium None
N.C. State Medium Offered None Orlando Early
Ohio St. Medium None
Oklahoma Medium Offered None
Oklahoma St. Medium Offered None
Oregon Medium Offered None
SMU Medium Offered None
TCU Medium Offered None
Texas Medium Offered None
Texas A&M Medium Offered None
UNLV Medium Offered None
USC Medium Offered None

Unfortunately I can't put much stock into Thomas's list right now. It's way too early to say any school is out of it even if they didn't make his top 24, especially if we're talking about Kentucky, Kansas, etc. Rashad Vaughn cut his list to 7 but Kentucky decided they'd start recruiting him hard again and it went back up to 8. I know Thomas has said he's different, but kids change their minds. It's great we're on Eli's radar, but I'm not going to get my hopes up at the moment.

The List:

School Interest Offer Visit Recruited by
Alabama Medium Offered None
Arizona Medium Offered None
Baylor Medium Offered None
Florida Medium Offered None
Georgetown Medium Offered None
Illinois Medium Offered None
Indiana Medium Offered None
Louisville Medium Offered None
LSU Medium Offered None
Michigan Medium None
Minnesota Medium Offered None
Missouri Medium Offered None
North Carolina Medium None
N.C. State Medium Offered None Orlando Early
Ohio St. Medium None
Oklahoma Medium Offered None
Oklahoma St. Medium Offered None
Oregon Medium Offered None
SMU Medium Offered None
TCU Medium Offered None
Texas Medium Offered None
Texas A&M Medium Offered None
UNLV Medium Offered None
USC Medium Offered None

In my mind, Alabama, Michigan, Missouri, NC State, Oregon, TCU, and USC aren't any threats. Just a hunch, but all of those 6 will be off his list when he really buckles down to a smaller list of schools.

He was retweeting about his cousin who is at LSU.

Okay thanks. I admit to not reading the tweets or what they were about, I just saw pictures of LSU basketball. I also noticed that LSU has another 5 star big man committed for 2015, kid named Ben Simmons from Australia. ESPN lists both him and Thomas as 6'9" 230 lbs., but Simmons is listed as a 4, with Thomas a 5. I suppose if both of them want to go to LSU, they'd take them, but maybe with an elite big man already in the fold, LSU won't make a huge push for Thomas. The tweets I saw earlier are probably causing me to massively overestimate LSU's role in his recruitment anyway though.

http://ask.fm/edaddy15

Elijah Thomas' "ask" account where you can anonymously ask him anything. (Not as bad as it may sound) TONS of Minnesota content in there if you keep scrolling down, and we find out that he doesn't like Kentucky because it's "not for everyone" as he puts it. And you can ask or tell him something yourself! Check it out!
*There is a mention of a Elijah, Jarvis, Illikainen combination too, which Eli calls a "dream team".

I would love to see him at Minnesota, particularly compared to the school I think he will attend - oklahoma st. I am a fan of players that I have coached first, followed by Baylor and Texas (i.e. definitely not oklahoma schools).

Dallas area consensus seems to favor ok st, and I heard that from a player close to him. I know his entire hs team attended their midnight madness. but here is hoping the gophers can get him and build the front court next to buggs and others for the future.

Elijah Thomas' "ask" account where you can anonymously ask him anything. (Not as bad as it may sound) TONS of Minnesota content in there if you keep scrolling down, and we find out that he doesn't like Kentucky because it's "not for everyone" as he puts it. And you can ask or tell him something yourself! Check it out!
*There is a mention of a Elijah, Jarvis, Illikainen combination too, which Eli calls a "dream team".
Oh god....

I missed it the first time, but we should get this going again... Some of my favorite answers from when he did it about a month ago are below.

And starting for your Minnesota Golden Gophers, a freshman from Lancaster, Texas, number 15.... Eliiiiiiii Thommmas! (Crowd roars) How does that sound for your first collegiate game at the Barn?
Lol clean

Bro wussop with all this minnesota talk? You gon go there?
I don't know where I'm going the fans of Minnesota just reach out more than others .

Gooooooooophers. What have you been hearing from Minnesota?

Seriously, Goph up baby. We don't want you ....WE NEED YOU
Lol ! goph up? That's clean hahaha

Rapid fanbase, you will be treated like a king Minneapolis, nicest city in America. Richard Pitino, college basketball next big thing, Look what he is doing with almost no front court, Imagine what he could do with you. Alex Illikainen, Jarvis Johnson The barn, Should I continue?

If there's anything that is certain, it's that Minnesotans show more love than anywhere else. Let me tell you from experience, when the 14,625 Minnesotans cozy into the barn, there is not an atmosphere better in the country. Look at the Indiana game. Goph up my friend.
Lol that's a legit fact

You, Jarvis Johnson, Alex Illikainen, and Rawle Alkins all at Minnesota.. Imagine that. With coach p, that's a final four team.
Lol that's a Dream Team right there

University of Minnesota? Richard Pitino?
It's a good look!

Obviously, it doesn't mean anything, but it is pretty cool that he recognized how much love Minnesota fans were giving him!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Alabama coach Anthony Grant watched Elijah Thomas tonight. Thomas had 20 points and 11 rebounds, according to <a href="https://twitter.com/EvanDaniels">@EvanDaniels</a>.</p>— Chip Miller (@BLUEChip_Miller) <a href="https://twitter.com/BLUEChip_Miller/statuses/433811478005571584">February 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Answered a few more questions last night & anything related directly to college was about Minnesota. Good work team. http://ask.fm/edaddy15

You & Jarvis in the Barn balling under coach P... That'd be legit! Plus Minnesota got the hottest girls in the world... Seriously tho, you, Jarv & coach P would be the B1G 3! National Champs!
Would be nice!

See that Minnesota win over Ohio State? They play Wisconsin tomorrow night. Barn should be rockin again!
I saw it!

You gotta come to Minnesota. We are on the upswing and with you we'd get over the hump! Best fans in the nation!
I will. !

Keep showing this kid some love gopher fans, show him we care, contact via twitter, ask.fm, etc. he seems to be noticing the attention he is getting from north stare state

Agreed. But hey, if you can't beat them join them! Unless you're like 80 then don't even try ;)

I'll admit, i've tweeted at a few recruits over the last year... And every time I go to bed thinking "what have I become...." Was raw emotion and fanboyism that I got caught up in the moment or... christ... I don't know why I did. But I will never do it again as it makes me feel grimy gross and creepy....

I'll admit, i've tweeted at a few recruits over the last year... And every time I go to bed thinking "what have I become...." Was raw emotion and fanboyism that I got caught up in the moment or... christ... I don't know why I did. But I will never do it again as it makes me feel grimy gross and creepy....

Just leave social media in general. I left Facebook almost six years ago. I never even considered anything else. You definitely would not miss much by being off of them.

The rest of us are just tweeting basketball related things.............

7ff4c6af6ac39fda64b84bbd974f758dc925093950c3bdce45d01503d20b8417.jpg

Just leave social media in general. I left Facebook almost six years ago. I never even considered anything else. You definitely would not miss much by being off of them.

I agree, but I'm totally 2 faced. I still lurk and observe from the distance which I understand is even creepier, but at least it's not publicly creepy and I can claim that I'm not an active Twitterer/facebooker/instagrizzler.

On Elijah's ask account he answered some more minnesota questions, also said we are likely to get a official visit. I would post it but idk what I am doing haha

We seem to be in the hunt, but Larry Brown at hometown SMU is also all over this kid. (Speaking of Larry Brown, isn't he like 80 years old or something? When is that guy going to retire?) SMU basketball program is getting feisty ... you had to wonder what all those eager SMU alumni have been doing since their beloved football program got killed.

Thomas looks like a star in the making, BTW. Boy, would he ever thrive in Pitino's system.

We seem to be in the hunt, but Larry Brown at hometown SMU is also all over this kid. (Speaking of Larry Brown, isn't he like 80 years old or something? When is that guy going to retire?) SMU basketball program is getting feisty ... you had to wonder what all those eager SMU alumni have been doing since their beloved football program got killed.

Wikipedia says Larry Brown is 73, which, if he coached in the Big Ten, would make him the oldest coach in the conference by 7 years.

They're around. If I remember correctly......the SMU football squad is ranked in the top 25 preseason polls for the first time in over 25 years.

Top Bottom