All Things Dredrick Snelson Thread

Weren't they crucial in getting Seth Green to commit here? Tweeted all over it, etc.
So if they got the qb of the future they wanted, why would they switch to a lower
program? (Maryland is a lower program..)

No, it isn't. That's silly.

I'd think Coughlin was more influential being a fellow Minnesotan.

And Maryland is not below us, they are at least on par.

Weren't they crucial in getting Seth Green to commit here? Tweeted all over it, etc.
So if they got the qb of the future they wanted, why would they switch to a lower
program? (Maryland is a lower program..)

No. Green was close before, but the lure of Oregon was too much and cant complain. Once Oregon said they wanted him at TE he want back to team that still wanted him at QB that was in his final 3

I'm not too familiar with Pat Ruff of the Rochester Post-Bulletin but he's tweeting "the rumor is that Snelson will decommit" and that there are Gopher coaches down there trying to convince him not to.

I wonder how much of that is his connection, if any, or just echoing the obvious sentiment that we all know it is probably coming.

He visits Maryland in a week. That's when it will become known.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He visits Maryland in a week. That's when it will become known.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I heard the coaches visited him today, I wonder how that went and if it can really influence his decision

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I really am praying Snelson stays and everyday my opinion changes if he's gonna stay or not

I'm not too familiar with Pat Ruff of the Rochester Post-Bulletin but he's tweeting "the rumor is that Snelson will decommit" and that there are Gopher coaches down there trying to convince him not to.

I wonder how much of that is his connection, if any, or just echoing the obvious sentiment that we all know it is probably coming.

His connection is reading tweets from Burns and then rewriting them with rumor and innuendo instead of fact. The fact is that our coaches will visit almost all our committed recruits between now and signing day. Especially since Snelson is in a recruiting hot bed where we have other recruits...they were going to be there either way. Is there some urgency with Snelson? Sure. Is it dire? Maybe. Will he decommit? Hasn't yet. Will I stop watching the Gophs if he does? Not a ****ing chance in hell. Will we fall apart and finish under 500 if he decommits? Don't know...but we won't win or lose a game based on him being on this team next year. He is a good player with talent but he isn't the next coming of Randy Moss or Megatron.

Burns just spoke with Snelson and has the latest behind the paywall. I respect capitalism and paywall's so I am not encouraging anyone to leak the info... but if someone were to leak the info I may take a glance.

I am a gambling man, and I'd say it's even-money that he decommits by end of day tomorrow. And +600 that he signs on our dotted line come decision time.

Someone look at Ryan burns post on Twitter who is subscribed and tell me how it went he posted Snelson saying how it went

posted this on recruiting thread yesterday, but should've posted here:

IMO...Snelson is now long gone and has been since Daniels' decommit.

I, also, suspect he is an academic risk. (That being said, maybe it's documented somewhere that he isn't.)

I feel the reason he is entertaining less than top notch schools is b/c of the academic risk; thus, the helmets have moved on and pursued other "safer" (academically speaking), highly talented WR's.

247 reported that Anderson and Johnson were down visiting with him yesterday.

The Snelson de-commit was one reasonable minds could see coming a long time ago, even before the Daniels de-commits. When a guy from Florida of his ability/# of stars commits to a school like Minnesota, pretty decent chance that's saying something. So if the issue isn't talent (which apparently it's not), what's that leave you with?

The Snelson de-commit was one reasonable minds could see coming a long time ago, even before the Daniels de-commits. When a guy from Florida of his ability/# of stars commits to a school like Minnesota, pretty decent chance that's saying something. So if the issue isn't talent (which apparently it's not), what's that leave you with?

He'll be at a JUCO next fall

He has said nothing about decommitting. Possible down the road but as of now he is still committed to the Gophers. (Knock on wood)

He has said nothing about decommitting. Possible down the road but as of now he is still committed to the Gophers. (Knock on wood)

Fair point. But in my mind never stepping foot on campus because of having to go Juco (if that's the case) essentially equates to a kid de-commiting; it's the same thing. ... he's not playing for you. A kid can say he'll still want to be a Gopher (a Hawkeye, a Badger, insert school here) if/when they finish up at Juco, but a lot happens in 2 years.

Forgive me if I've missed something, but where is the whole he might need to go the JUCO route coming from? Speculation?

I doubt the coaches would have had a home visit with him yesterday if they thought he wasn't going to qualify.

Speculation...helmet schools not in mix for highly talented kid. Perhaps they're chasing a "safer" highly talented kid.

I doubt the coaches would have had a home visit with him yesterday if they thought he wasn't going to qualify.

Ever heard of J. Jones? How about Brewster's recruiting classes?

Burns just spoke with Snelson and has the latest behind the paywall. I respect capitalism and paywall's so I am not encouraging anyone to leak the info... but if someone were to leak the info I may take a glance.

I am a gambling man, and I'd say it's even-money that he decommits by end of day tomorrow. And +600 that he signs on our dotted line come decision time.

So u think he's gonna sign?

Its a lot warm there I bet. Hope they don't tell him about Minnesota winters. Could be a deal braker.

Snelson had written upon his commitment as part of the reason he chose MN was because he wants to play in the NFL and NFL plays in cold weather too. He gave no other specifics.

So his commitment is at least partially because it's cold here.

I imagine that UCF is a proximity choice. Proximity is usually due to familiarity, which was mitigated when the Daniels were committed (because they made it easier to leave home).

Its a lot warm there I bet. Hope they don't tell him about Minnesota winters. Could be a deal braker.

i hate florida, too flat. Uh, I mean too many mosquitoes. Oops, I mean too many Hooters. And Yuengling is over rated, nothing on Cold Spring

besides, the coeds are already unwrapped - running around in their cutoffs with bikini tops. no anticipation
ucf.jpg

i hate florida, too flat. Uh, I mean too many mosquitoes. Oops, I mean too many Hooters. And Yuengling is over rated, nothing on Cold Spring

besides, the coeds are already unwrapped - running around in their cutoffs with bikini tops. no anticipation
View attachment 4072
How's their grad school?

Top Bottom