All Things Dredrick Snelson Thread

i hate florida, too flat. Uh, I mean too many mosquitoes. Oops, I mean too many Hooters. And Yuengling is over rated, nothing on Cold Spring

besides, the coeds are already unwrapped - running around in their cutoffs with bikini tops. no anticipation
View attachment 4072

As someone currently living in Florida how dare you say that about Yuengling!

If you live in a local that has Sweetwater 420 readily available, I am not sure how Yuengling is even an option.

Well mother Snelson says she likes Minnesota, and Snelson said the in home meeting with Johnson and Miller was great.

Hahah, drinking a Yuengling as we speak. As someone who has lived in MN most of my life and currently lives in Florida, Minnesotan's negative opinions of Florida are just laughable. I love MN and will be moving back eventually, but it's just hilarious how many people bring up the bugs and weather when I mention Florida. The mosquitos in Florida don't even begin to compare to the mosquitos in Minnesota. Weather? I'll take 2 months of terrible heat (MN heat can just just as bad in the summer anyway) over freezing cold for the majority of the year. Again, this is coming from someone who absolutely loves MN and will move back when I can, but I won't be moving back because of better weather or fewer bugs.

Hahah, drinking a Yuengling as we speak. As someone who has lived in MN most of my life and currently lives in Florida, Minnesotan's negative opinions of Florida are just laughable. I love MN and will be moving back eventually, but it's just hilarious how many people bring up the bugs and weather when I mention Florida. The mosquitos in Florida don't even begin to compare to the mosquitos in Minnesota. Weather? I'll take 2 months of terrible heat (MN heat can just just as bad in the summer anyway) over freezing cold for the majority of the year. Again, this is coming from someone who absolutely loves MN and will move back when I can, but I won't be moving back because of better weather or fewer bugs.

Freezing cold for the majority of the year? Not true. Minnesota summer heat can be just as bad as Florida? Not true. I was in Florida from early October until late February one year. It stunk. In October it was hot and humid - much hotter and more humid than anything I've ever experienced in Minnesota, and we're talking October, not July and August - with a strong stench of mildew. In January and February it was rainy and windy. Not what the Florida Department of Tourism portrays in its ads. Florida has beautiful beaches, but it's interior is ugly.

All this. I would add that where I am in the Bay Area, the summer humidity is more tolerable I believe due to the breezes coming in from the gulf. Unless you are near a lake, you don't get that back in Minnesota. From what I understand the east coast doesn't get the breezes coming off the ocean so the humidity feels worse.

As far as Snelson honoring his commitment, I really hope he stays true to his commitment, having a WR who is sure-handed and a capable route runner would be a nice brick for Claeys. From the video I've seen of him, I'm not particularly wowed by his play so I'm not real concerned if he stays or goes somewhere else. I didn't see real great elusiveness and big playmaking ability. The big question is whether or not there is another receiver that can get open and catch passes consistently if he decides to change his mind.

We will know after he takes these visits, after that Maryland visit we will know if he's a gopher or not

In his interview he did not mention Maryland. Only Penn State and Miami. And he said that Miami is not Minnesota's main competition. He said all schools other than Minnesota, including Miami, are equal. He may flip, but I don't think it is as certain as some seem to assume.

In his interview he did not mention Maryland. Only Penn State and Miami. And he said that Miami is not Minnesota's main competition. He said all schools other than Minnesota, including Miami, are equal. He may flip, but I don't think it is as certain as some seem to assume.

What else did he say about Minnesota in his interview and btw he is visiting Maryland the same week as the Daniels and that is next weekend

Looks like his choices will be one of the following: Penn State, UCF, Maryland, Miami, or staying with Minnesota

I still think it's odd he didn't visit or consider Notre Dame, Alabama, Clemson, Florida, or Florida State. All of them offered....

What else did he say about Minnesota in his interview and btw he is visiting Maryland the same week as the Daniels and that is next weekend

He is visiting UCF this weekend, but is undecided about next weekend. So the answer is not necessarily.

Freezing cold for the majority of the year? Not true. Minnesota summer heat can be just as bad as Florida? Not true. I was in Florida from early October until late February one year. It stunk. In October it was hot and humid - much hotter and more humid than anything I've ever experienced in Minnesota, and we're talking October, not July and August - with a strong stench of mildew. In January and February it was rainy and windy. Not what the Florida Department of Tourism portrays in its ads. Florida has beautiful beaches, but it's interior is ugly.

That's my impression as well. Old buildings, trash everywhere. Just a dirty feel most places. The beaches are a different story of course.

Hoping to keep Snelson but at this point expecting him to go somewhere else. If he stays, it will be a nice surprise.

I can see where his mom would want him to go where her son can get the support system to get a good college education away from distractions of living closer to home.

Can you use alumni former Gopher football players to help recruit? I think Tyrone Carter will be an excellent person for Snelson to talk to. He is from Fort Lauderdale Florida same as Snelson.

Isn't Carter living here in the Twin Cities now?

For those of us who came from tropical climates, Minnesota is a state of mind.

Once you are here for a while, you learn to appreciate the changes in the seasons. When you leave, you'd miss this State. This is really a great green metropolitan area which ranks around the highest per capita in neighborhood parks with lots of trails, fishing hiking, hunting, snowmobiling, and camping.

Once you catch and taste your first walleye you are hooked.

Heaven is batter fried venison steaks (saved for this occasion) and walleye after a great ice fishing outing with lots of beer.

Just don't serve ludefisk to a recruit.

So Derrick, if you are reading GH you can't go wrong by being a Gopher!

Little known fact, yuengling is mikasuki for PBR

Just waiting for mother snelson to give us the good word

Yuengling is from PA and is the oldest brewery in the US. And yes I live in FL now and drink Yuengling from the tampa brewery...as I did when I lived in Philly and lived an hour from the original Yeungling brewery.

But I live in NW Florida where you either military, a crazy Trump supporter with 200 guns or your scared like sheep in Wisconsin.

One recruit does not make or break a program. In terms of WR depth, the Gophers have 14 WR listed as returning on the roster, including Still, Register, Gentry, Woli, Holland, Carter,and Streveler is still listed as a WR. Add to that the incoming WR's, and the depth is adequate. Is there a "superstar" WR on the roster - No - but from what I'm reading, Snelson is not considered a game-changing WR either - more of a possession type. I think Still has a chance to be a very good WR, and I haven't given up on Gentry or Holland.

So, again I say - if Snelson signs with the Gophers, great. If he doesn't, life goes on.

Speaking of Strevelar what are GH poster's thoughts on his chance of having an impact as a receiver? He is certainly athletic and I think he could surprise

With his speed and ability to move with the ball, I could see him taking over some of the planned WR runs/sweeps that KJ Maye used to get - plus he has the size to get a full head of steam and truck some DBs in the process!

Yeah cool, let's tell 18 year old kids from Florida how great our beer and walleye is and how their state is a dirty dump. That will really reel em in.

Seriously, could this thread get locked until he either signs (which would be great), or decommits (get out your inhalers, Gopherholers)? It is embarrassing.

Yeah cool, let's tell 18 year old kids from Florida how great our beer and walleye is and how their state is a dirty dump. That will really reel em in.

Seriously, could this thread get locked until he either signs (which would be great), or decommits (get out your inhalers, Gopherholers)? It is embarrassing.

It's the off season.... We need it... We need it BAD man!

In home visit from Penn State today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We'll talk him into staying with our QB that Oregon wanted to play TE.

We'll talk him into staying with our QB that Oregon wanted to play TE.

That's a slanted way to look at. Oregon recruited him as a QB and wanted him to play QB --- until they landed a recruit they thought would be a better QB, at which time they asked him to play TE. Not like they didn't see QB talent and were pushing TE from the start.

Yeah, I hope he's a great QB. I've just tempered my expectations with these guys so as not to ask "why was I let down?" Every time one of these higher-ranked with risk guys does not pan out.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom