All Things Dredrick Snelson Thread

Glad I never got overly excited about this kid or the twins. Suppose that's the silver lining of Travis Reid.

Let's not get too crazy just yet. We are a better program than Maryland, the trio just (supposedly) helped to bring Seth Green in. If we lose all three of them to Maryland then I think that says a lot about where we are as a program.

Let's not get too crazy just yet. We are a better program than Maryland, the trio just (supposedly) helped to bring Seth Green in. If we lose all three of them to Maryland then I think that says a lot about where we are as a program.

I think it says more about the Trio

Other programs have made runs at out commits and come up empty, we'll win some and we'll lose some, the trio has a lot invested into this program, I wouldn't write them off just yet. This just means that the coaches have to keep recruiting.

It was his use (assuming he was quoted correctly) of the word "soft" that concerned me. Then again, what else would he say to a MD reporter???

+1. People are acting like they've decommited. Let's not overreact, if they want to see other places, let them.

Yea, the "soft" commit is contrary to what they have been saying all along. If they think they are playing us and don't want to play here them just break it off right now. Like Coach says, we only want player who want to be here, we haven't got time to waste on players that want to keep looking! Either you are a standup man of your word or you are lying to people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TCU made a run at Merrick Jackson - even 247 gave him an 80% chance of flipping. I thoroughly enjoyed watching him sign.

I believe we'll have the pleasure of seeing the Trio sign for the Maroon & Gold. As has been said earlier, they have a lot invested (Elijah's all gold pants for starters). They're kids, they're enjoying the process.

We are? That's highly debatable. I'll agree and not get too worked up about this until one of them actually flips.

The trio are smart...they are just spending as much of Maryland's dime as possible, then putting on the Maroon and Gold!!

Yea, the "soft" commit is contrary to what they have been saying all along. If they think they are playing us and don't want to play here them just break it off right now. Like Coach says, we only want player who want to be here, we haven't got time to waste on players that want to keep looking! Either you are a standup man of your word or you are lying to people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did the twins say they were "soft" commits too? I only saw the interview with Snelson where he said he was a soft commit. I like Snelson and he has the best chance of the 3 to make an impact next year for us. The twins seem like solid players and big hitters but with the depth of DBs I think they would be likely redshirt candidates next year anyway. I'm sure they will all have a talk with the staff about taking this visit and what it means. If they decide to do it and especially if it is the last weekend in January I wouldn't be surprised to see the staff tell them they're gonna bring in some DBs that weekend too and there is no guarantee their spots will be there if they decide they really want to be Gophers.

GWG - Fan of yours, but you're wrong on this one: http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

Gophers are 15th, Terrapins are 41st. That's only Revenue, but that's the most objective thing I can come up with.

That link has to be a bit outdated as it says Maryland still belongs in the ACC. Still it's pretty depressing that Minnesota would rank so high in revenue, yet struggle so bad to update practice facilities and have any long term success in football or basketball.

I don't want to get off topic in this thread though. As others have said, it's going to be a bumpy ride until the end with Snelson. I would think the opportunity for immediate playing time, and QBs like Croft and Green waiting in the wings, this would still be a desirable place for him to be. I really wish Claeys would hire an offensive coordinator soon though!

GWG - Fan of yours, but you're wrong on this one: http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

Gophers are 15th, Terrapins are 41st. That's only Revenue, but that's the most objective thing I can come up with.

I don't think that ranking itself factors directly into any recruit's thought process, nor does it necessarily capture the strength of the football program. Look at Clemson at #39. Kansas at #23.

Maryland has the Under Armor money flowing, I wouldn't be surprised to see them elevate in the near future like Oregon did.

People have said this for 10 years now. They're a basketball school.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's crazy that we haven't heard ANYTHING about a rumored replacement for Off. Coordinator...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It's crazy that we haven't heard ANYTHING about a rumored replacement for Off. Coordinator...

Unless Snelson is up for the OC job then this if for the wrong thread.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Oops, just tying it into the fact, that a lack of an OC hire may be effecting snelsons decision.

People have said this for 10 years now. They're a basketball school.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed. Also, Under Armour doesn't have anywhere near the resources Nike has.

Agreed. Also, Under Armour doesn't have anywhere near the resources Nike has.

Correct. But Under Armour is continuing to grow and Kevin Planck has more that enough money to support his alma meter for many of the things they want. It is really quite impressive how much he has built that company from scratch in a short period of time.

Didn't Snelson say he was a soft commit when he took an official at Miami?

I think he's been telling reporters he's a soft commit for months. This isn't new news IMO. Concerning that he's visiting Maryland,

Even if he is firm to MN at this time it would only make sense to keep his options open with no OC, etc.

I'm not sure the OC decision is such a deal-breaker. If anything, the odds are that a new OC will be less conservative than Limey and more likely to open up the offense.

Besides, Claeys seems to have stated pretty clearly that he is hiring offensive personnel who fit his offensive philosophy. Claeys is the head coach, so presumably he is able to articulate that offensive philosophy for the benefit of any recruits who have questions.

If recruits are de-commiting, I have a hard time believing it's because of the OC. That, to me, sounds more like an excuse, not a reason.

If Snelson - or any other recuit - is wavering in their commitment to the U, and they say it's because the Gophs haven't hired an OC yet, I would tend to discount that statement.

If it makes some of the worrywarts feel better, I did notice that Elisha Daniels, Elijah Daniels and Dredrick Snelson all recently retweeted and/or favorited some tweets out there that basically said something to the effect that the three of them are better off at Minnesota and that is where they will end up.

What that really means in the end, I have no idea. But just thought I would pass that random social media observation along.

If it makes some of the worrywarts feel better, I did notice that Elisha Daniels, Elijah Daniels and Dredrick Snelson all recently retweeted and/or favorited some tweets out there that basically said something to the effect that the three of them are better off at Minnesota and that is where they will end up. What that really means in the end, I have no idea. But just thought I would pass that random social media observation along.
"Come to the land of the blonde co-Ed."
This should be our main selling point...

Top Bottom