All Things Dredrick Snelson Thread

Am I the only one having trouble with wanting to call him Fredrick Seldom? I think he'll always be Fredrick Seldom to me.

It is, but for a lot of people, that whole "Catholics vs. Convicts" thing with ND in the 80s still hurts their image.

+1 Miami's overall reputation has a school has basically zero to do with the type of players its football program has recruited!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Should we be worried about Dredrick flipping?

He's already tweeting out new offers only two days after he committed. Guys like Coughlin, Philip Howard and Elisha Daniels have received new offers after committing but never really proclaimed it to the world.

He's already tweeting out new offers only two days after he committed. Guys like Coughlin, Philip Howard and Elisha Daniels have received new offers after committing but never really proclaimed it to the world.

At least he used .. after his tweet and not !! Reading way too much into it and not knowing anything, he doesn't 'sound' thrilled with his Illinois offer..

He's a teenager. Fun to have all the attention. If he sticks with the U of MN then we can happily welcome him in. If he goes to what he sees as greener pasture, then I wish him the best in life.

As of now, he seems to like the green pastures of Minnesota.

Funny that you would use Elisha Daniels as an example as his brother just today tweeted out offer letters from FAU and Syracuse despite the fact that he has said he is extremely firm in his commitment. Some kids just like to put that stuff out. I definitely don't count Snelson as a lock to sign on NSD but lets not read into every little thing.

These kids are followed by rating services and they know the more offers they get the higher rating they will have...so maybe they just want that fourth star.

Am I the only one having trouble with wanting to call him Fredrick Seldom? I think he'll always be Fredrick Seldom to me.

Yes. But your post is one of the most side-splitting ones I've seen in years. Please keep coming back with more clever witticisms.

USA Today with a sarcastic headline:

Somehow, Minnesota lands top WR target Dredrick Snelson

Dredrick Snelson is one of the nation’s top prep wide receivers. He’s blazing fast, is a highly motivated star at Charles W. Flanagan High in Ft. Lauderdale, and holds scholarship offers from the likes of Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Notre Dame and a handful of other top national programs. On Tuesday he made his collegiate decision, taking up Minnesota’s offer above all others.

Wait, that must be a typo, right? Minnesota? Minnesota. The guy from Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. is heading to the upper midwest as opposed to nearby national powers Alabama and Florida State. Why?

That’s the great question. Apparently Snelson was sold on being a part of a transformative core of young talent leading the Gophers. Now that he’s on board, the Gophers will need to keep Snelson on side and as a key part of the team. That may be harder than it looks, but it doesn’t invalidate what the Gophers have accomplished already just by getting Snelson to commit in the first place.

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/somehow-minnesota-lands-top-wr-target-dredick-snelson

Go Gophers!!

This is from when he committed to Miami 2 years ago...

Regarding the name - I was trying to say "Dredrick Snelson" out loud, and it sounded like something Astro would say on the Jetsons. (hey, I hope he's a good guy - but it's just an odd-sounding name).

And keeping with the science fiction theme, if they gave him jersey #9, we could just call him DS9. And if he goes deep, he could be "deep space 9."

Regarding the name - I was trying to say "Dredrick Snelson" out loud, and it sounded like something Astro would say on the Jetsons. (hey, I hope he's a good guy - but it's just an odd-sounding name).

And keeping with the science fiction theme, if they gave him jersey #9, we could just call him DS9. And if he goes deep, he could be "deep space 9."
It's kind of a cockeyed way of looking at things but I like it!

USA Today with a sarcastic headline:

Somehow, Minnesota lands top WR target Dredrick Snelson

Dredrick Snelson is one of the nation’s top prep wide receivers. He’s blazing fast, is a highly motivated star at Charles W. Flanagan High in Ft. Lauderdale, and holds scholarship offers from the likes of Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Notre Dame and a handful of other top national programs. On Tuesday he made his collegiate decision, taking up Minnesota’s offer above all others.

Wait, that must be a typo, right? Minnesota? Minnesota. The guy from Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. is heading to the upper midwest as opposed to nearby national powers Alabama and Florida State. Why?

That’s the great question. Apparently Snelson was sold on being a part of a transformative core of young talent leading the Gophers. Now that he’s on board, the Gophers will need to keep Snelson on side and as a key part of the team. That may be harder than it looks, but it doesn’t invalidate what the Gophers have accomplished already just by getting Snelson to commit in the first place.

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/somehow-minnesota-lands-top-wr-target-dredick-snelson

Go Gophers!!

Now that's what I call journalism!

Gladly, for probably the 85th time on this board.

4-star (was actually a 5-star at one point) with one offer: http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Glenn-Faulkner-103433

2-star with 11 offers: http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Damien-Wilson-144616

More offers does not equal a higher rating. I win, you lose. Thanks for playing.

So 2 examples out of thousands don't make it true. The star system is subjective and in simple terms (so you can understand), may be influenced by any number of factors, including but not limited too, the opinion of coaches who offer kids a scholarship. It is impossible for you to state it doesn't happen and a much more likely conclusion would be that it does happen based purely on human nature.

Now lets talk about your sad and pathetic need to always be right (in your own mind).

So 2 examples out of thousands don't make it true.

Even one example makes it true. More offers does not equal a higher ranking, period.

The star system is subjective and in simple terms (so you can understand), may be influenced by any number of factors, including but not limited too, the opinion of coaches who offer kids a scholarship. It is impossible for you to state it doesn't happen and a much more likely conclusion would be that it does happen based purely on human nature.

Why are you attempting to condescend to me when: A. I am much, much smarter than you; and B. you can't grasp basic homophones?

Now lets talk about your sad and pathetic need to always be right (in your own mind).

As I've said many times, whether I'm right or wrong is immaterial. It's that people consistently get basic facts wrong, and then get thin-skinned and defensive like elementary schoolers when they're corrected.

Top Bottom