All Things Dredrick Snelson Thread

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Scared the crap outta me. State bound - as in state tournament... Phew. :p

Agree 100%. Everytime this thread gets bumped, I get nervous. Oh crap, now I bumped it!

I noticed his senior highlights just cam out.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/athlete/2582111/highlights/320135379' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

I noticed his senior highlights just cam out.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/athlete/2582111/highlights/320135379' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good looking athlete. Always difficult for me to tell how good an athlete from these clips because you don't know the level of competition, but it is Florida so you know there is some speed on the defensive side of the ball. Looks to be a guy who will be a dynamic slot receiver and has enough size to play on the outside as well.

Thanks for posting!

I love a guy who's not afraid of contact. It will be interesting to see if Claeys incorporates some wildcat offense with Snelson.

I love a guy who's not afraid of contact. It will be interesting to see if Claeys incorporates some wildcat offense with Snelson.

Way too early to speculate on this stuff since the class isn't even signed yet but for my part I would hope with a guy like Seth Green around we wouldn't need a gimmick like the wildcat with a non-throwing threat under center.

The exciting thing about a guy like Snelson is that if he is as good as advertised he can come in and make an impact right away. Some positions need multiple years to grow and mature (OL, DL, and even QB) but at a spot like WR a true freshman can dominate right off the bat if they are good enough.

Looking forward to this WR corps: Snelson, Gentry, Still, Hmielewski, Gant, Register
Having a Demry Croft or Seth Green to air out the ball to these speedy, tall recievers...great compliment to an emerging run game

Please no wildcat. Please God no wildcat. Unless it's goal line it's just pointless. More than anything I think we just need to get Snelson in space. Same way I felt about Jeff Jones. Let those guys who can make people miss do their thing.

Good looking athlete. Always difficult for me to tell how good an athlete from these clips because you don't know the level of competition, but it is Florida so you know there is some speed on the defensive side of the ball. Looks to be a guy who will be a dynamic slot receiver and has enough size to play on the outside as well.

Thanks for posting!

He plays in the highest class size and against some of the best teams in Florida as well as in the entire country.

It would be interesting to see Snelson's Flanagan team who won the 8A championship in Florida take one Seth Green's (or Mitchell Jonke's) Allen team.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Just received an offer from the University Of Maryland! #GoTerps— Dredrick Snelson Jr. (@D_Snelson2) December 20, 2015

Go Gophers!!
Pass the Pepto. The heartburn will continue until signing day. Lame to worry about the inner workings of the mind of a high school kid, but that's where us hardcore fans find ourselves. What a world.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Pass the Pepto. The heartburn will continue until signing day. Lame to worry about the inner workings of the mind of a high school kid, but that's where us hardcore fans find ourselves. What a world.

Agreed. College Football fandom is weird sometimes.

Yeah, hard to figure why a kid from Florida with his reported offer list would be excited enough about a Maryland offer to give them an official visit. This is a big part of the reason I don't really give much thought to any of the recruits until they sign on the dotted line because the whole process is so uncertain there is really no point in getting invested at all in a kid that might change his mind (not saying Snelson is doing that) in the blink of an eye.

Nothing is guaranteed until NSD.

Look at how the Hogs swayed Frank Ragnow at the last moment.

You promise them the world that you are going to send them to the NFL leaving the minor details out about what it takes. Some kids are not interested in candor. So, you tell them what they want to hear.

Everybody is a superstar until they signed you. I am sure there is boat loads of negative recruiting against the Gophers which is BS. Let's hope that these young kids are mature enough to wade to the pile of manure and hold their breath.

They offered the trio of three players. I think we lose all three or none of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If he does flip to MD then we didn't really want him. Right? Just want to make sure I'm doing that correctly.

If he does flip to MD then we didn't really want him. Right? Just want to make sure I'm doing that correctly.

Correct, it means we "cooled" on him and it was most likely mutual.

I think the trio will stay with Minnesota, they've all seemed pretty strong for awhile. I can't blame him for taking a free trip.

It was mutual with the OL and polian, this would not be mutual. But I wouldn't be shocked if claeys moves on before a decision is made. He says over and over that he wants kids who want to be here. If you're committed you don't take OVs.

Slick slimey used car salesmen some of these recruiters are. They tell you it wouldn't cost you a dime to take a peak. Once they get you into their lot, you are hooked. :mad:

Yeah, hard to figure why a kid from Florida with his reported offer list would be excited enough about a Maryland offer to give them an official visit. This is a big part of the reason I don't really give much thought to any of the recruits until they sign on the dotted line because the whole process is so uncertain there is really no point in getting invested at all in a kid that might change his mind (not saying Snelson is doing that) in the blink of an eye.

Maybe the kids never been to DC and wants to see the White House and Capitol before he heads off to MN in the summer.

From Maryland Scout (Free) article....

As far as Minnesota is concerned, Snelson dubbed himself a “soft” commit. He said he is looking around at his other suitors, with Maryland; Florida State; Miami; Virginia Tech; and UCF in play. Snelson said he’d definitely be taking officials to UCF, Miami and UMD, but wasn’t sure about Tech or FSU yet. He officially visited Minnesota Oct. 31, his only OV thus far.

http://www.scout.com/college/maryland/story/1625022-4-star-snelson-dubs-terps-top-contender

Top Bottom