All Things COVID-19 College Football Impact

Thank you for merging the political threads (that shouldn't be on the football forum, in the first place!) at least into one thread! (y) (y) (y)

Just purchased my 8 season tickets! Brothers, wife, and I will wear a mask if asked to, though with the CDC now confirming that the death rate is roughly 0.3% or 0.4%... I’ll be interested to see if public perception changes at all as we move toward fall.

Lots of old people have Gopher season tickets - they may buy and not use their tickets (selling them) and waiting for a 2021 vaccine and another season.

If I had any health concerns regarding obesity, diabetes, compromised immune system, lung capacity, heart disease, elevated blood pressure, ect. I would stay clear of any public venue, including TCF Bank Stadium.

I am not in this category.

Yes I am old.

I am over 50, have low body fat, and I push my heart pretty damn hard every day. I ride my carbon fiber road bike 30-40 miles 27/31 days a month, as fast as I can.. Until the club shut down I played pick up basketball 3 to 5 days a week at lunch.

Covid is not going to kill me, but half the people slightly less healthy as me are terrified by the propaganda put out by the Star Tribune and Walz The average citizen thinks COVID will kill them if they get it, and that is not at all true. This explains some of the recent polls.

This is not about me, but the people that are in the danger zone should have been protected, the rest of us, and the economy should have been spared. The data has been clear on this for at least 7 or 8 weeks, but Waltz has not changed course.

For anyone that thinks they are at risk, they need to self isolate. The Walz administration, aside from not protecting the bulk of the at risk in eldercare, has not made it clear to at risk people that they need to isolate. The message needs to be that you need to honestly evaluate your risk and quarantine if you are in the grey area. If your are worried, call your doctor, or just stay at home.

The great minds like Justin Gaard keep pontificating about how we all need to go into a shell to protect those we love from being infected by us "heathy". (or at least not showing symptoms). My answer to Gaard is to stay the hell away form all at risk people until this is over, and shut up.

If you are worried about someone stay the hell away from them and quite trying to destroy the economy and judge the rest of us. Self isolate, that is your choice!!

. I have not seen my elderly mother since late February and I am avoiding her until this gets better. Otherwise, game on.....

The whole mask thing is out of control too, and self righteous symbol for the SJW/ Snowflake community. Wear it as you see fit, but it is out of control.

I see a lot of old timers running on fumes at TCF every year, and I bet even with the current environment, at least half of them would rather see one more season no matter the consequences. That is their choice.

The 99.5 percent of us that will never die from COVID are not part of that discussion, and the old timers will be okay with our decisions as well. This is the nanny state on steroids.

Last edited:

"My answer to Gaard is to stay the hell away form all at risk people until this is over"

You asymptotically gave cv19 to a nurse who works in a nursing home, who got the disease asymptotically, and then passed it to 3 elderly patients, who then died from it.

You're just as responsible as anyone for their deaths.

"My answer to Gaard is to stay the hell away form all at risk people until this is over"

You asymptotically gave cv19 to a nurse who works in a nursing home, who got the disease asymptotically, and then passed it to 3 elderly patients, who then died from it.

Why was the nurse not screened? And why wasn't she wearing PPE?

The virus is a bully, picks on the frail elderly and diseased.
Agree that it’s a horrible, unfair disease. Disagree that people have the “right” to do whatever they want, since their actions directly affect the health of others.

I refuse to be grouped with the other sheep. If I had the virus, I would self quarantine. Since I don’t, I won’t. In reply to #398, you have no proof of your analysis that anyone who was asymptotic was responsible. Mask or no mask. I will be at the games.

Agree that it’s a horrible, unfair disease. Disagree that people have the “right” to do whatever they want, since their actions directly affect the health of others.

Then I expect you to wear a mask for the rest of your life, and don’t leave your house, unless it’s absolutely necessary. And, stay the fuck away from me. You never know what disease you could be carrying. ;)

PitinoFan - congratulations you hit the proverbial nail right on the head. Far more elegant than I.

Total bs as usual...

nursing homes needed to be much more tightly controlled...the standard for exposure by nurses staff to the general public is what needed to be radically restricted...that was the critical stress point and walz screwed the pooch as badly as Cuomo did

I refuse to be grouped with the other sheep. If I had the virus, I would self quarantine. Since I don’t, I won’t. In reply to #398, you have no proof of your analysis that anyone who was asymptotic was responsible. Mask or no mask. I will be at the games.
You’ll only be there with a mask on, if that’s what the U decides. File a lawsuit if you don’t like that.

Same goes with anywhere in public or private businesses, if/where masks are required.

You’re not special. I laugh out loud at people who think they have the birthright not to wear a mask.

You don’t have any such “right”, any more than you have the “right” to yell fire in a crowded theater.

Last edited:

Total bs as usual...

nursing homes needed to be much more tightly controlled...the standard for exposure by nurses staff to the general public is what needed to be radically restricted...that was the critical stress point and walz screwed the pooch as badly as Cuomo did
You wanted all nursing home staff quarantined under lock and key?

I appreciate your concern for others, @MplsGopher, but many weeks ago the responsibility shifted from the healthy to the frail. The risk profile is so well known, that people with the high risk profile should be the ones quarantined.

That tells me nothing I didn’t already know. Regardless, you should just stay home. It’s a scary world out there.
Then you've boxed yourself into one of two positions: a) you agree masks provide more than zero effectiveness at preventing airborn contagious (deadly) diseases, or b) you're doubling down on the objectively false "right" to infect other people by your own choice.

Your move chief.

I appreciate your concern for others, @MplsGopher, but many weeks ago the responsibility shifted from the healthy to the frail. The risk profile is so well known, that people with the high risk profile should be the ones quarantined.
Even if there is some truth to this, it will never justify a step change to 100% opening everything back as it was last summer, which you desire.

It will be an intelligent, phased, graduate reopening, which is correct.

Then you've boxed yourself into one of two positions: a) you agree masks provide more than zero effectiveness at preventing airborn contagious (deadly) diseases, or b) you're doubling down on the objectively false "right" to infect other people by your own choice.

Your move chief.

I never said anything about the effectiveness of masks. Actually, I wear one every freaking day. I don’t know where you come up with half the stuff you post.

I never said anything about the effectiveness of masks. Actually, I wear one every freaking day. I don’t know where you come up with half the stuff you post.
Good for you! Many are choosing not to.

Your first reply was in response to my statement "since their actions directly affect the health of others.", which objectively was referring to contagious disease, but then you falsely went off on a strawman about things that aren't contagious disease.

Good for you! Many are choosing not to.

Your first reply was in response to my statement "since their actions directly affect the health of others.", which objectively was referring to contagious disease, but then you falsely went off on a strawman about things that aren't contagious disease.

You live in your own little world, don’t you?

If you want good faith, honest discussion, I'm here. Done with bad faith posts/posters.

Even if there is some truth to this, it will never justify a step change to 100% opening everything back as it was last summer, which you desire.

It will be an intelligent, phased, graduate reopening, which is correct.

Intelligent is a tough pivot when our response so far has been so stupid.

Top Bottom