All Things COVID-19 College Football Impact

Fanatic19, outside TCF, I don’t care which gutter you choose to end up face down in, because of your own careless attitude.

You ain’t getting in the damn stadium without a mask. Get the F out, otherwise. Try some shit, security and cops will throw your ass out.

Get your mind right about that. Accept it.

Actually those masks don’t stop 100%

Do you also carry disinfect wipes with you? Wipe down the key pad after the person in front of you just used it? Wipe down your steering wheel non stop after every stop? Phone? Products you purchased?

if you said no to any that, you’re still spreading it regardless of mask! That mask though Thank you!

I’m done responding to this! Walz needs to open MN 100%. People who don’t want to go out don’t, open businesses, parks, etc! You have what a 99% of living if you contract this. Car deaths per year is worse and many other things than Covid! Live life friends!
Just my opinion, i do not think Minnesota would be wise to open 100%. Too early.

again...an announcement that poor Nebraska is being ousted from the Big Ten because they do not meet the high Big Ten academic standards....FINALLY!!!!!!

Minnesota won’t be far behind. Coyle is in Gable’s ear constantly, about how critical it is to keep forward momentum this year.

We need to keep our foot on the throats of programs like Illinois, Purdue, and especially Nebraska.
oust Nebraska...let them go back to the big 12 and they can great again.

Many, many people called to complain in Mpls of people not complying with distancing on bball and tennis courts. So the city shut them down. Good move! (y)
You’re fine with people reporting other people for not social distancing? Man you’re a skidmark

Fanatic19, outside TCF, I don’t care which gutter you choose to end up face down in, because of your own careless attitude.

You ain’t getting in the damn stadium without a mask. Get the F out, otherwise. Try some shit, security and cops will throw your ass out.

Get your mind right about that. Accept it.
Are you going to make sure he doesn’t get in without a mask? Mr. Enforcer over here ?

per ESPN:

The coach of one of Florida's top high school football programs has been suspended, and an investigation has been launched into whether the team that has won state championships in each of the past three seasons broke policies by practicing during the coronavirus pandemic.

Miami Northwestern High coach Max Edwards has been suspended pending the result of the investigation, school district chief communications officer Daisy Gonzalez-Diego told The Miami Herald on Saturday.

The district said football practice at this time would be an "unauthorized athletic activity," and that parents of players who might have taken part were being interviewed by school officials as part of the investigation.

Northwestern won the Class 6A state title in 2017 and 2018 before winning the Class 5A championship last season. The Bulls are seven-time state champions overall.

Go Gophers!!

My daughter had a graduation party today we had at least 100 people. Seems like not that many are scared of the virus. My dad and his wife used masks and one other person did who has sick coworkers.

My first reaction after quickly reading the thread title, had me thinking a Seminole coach was in trouble....

Fox News?? LOL no. That's for liberals.

OANN, NRA TV, etc. is what real patriots watch.

My daughter had a graduation party today we had at least 100 people. Seems like not that many are scared of the virus. My dad and his wife used masks and one other person did who has sick coworkers.
I truly think most people aren't scared of dying from the virus. I don't think they should be, either.

That said, I will take effort to avoid ever becoming infected, until the vaccine comes.

I don’t watch Fox News unless it’s Tucker Carlson, because Tucker is effing hilarious. What can I say, I’m an old soul.
I am pretty old but would not watch CNN or Fox news because they both use "i think" in their delivery as a effort to support a political party.

Considering University of Minnesota's own experts are saying opposite of that, I don't see U of M disregarding their own experts and going with "many studies" of other people
You mean that u report that has been astronomically wrong from day one? That report.

LOGE, Outdoor/Indoor clubs, and Suites were available for sale for single games two weeks ago. I bought a Loge for the Michigan game and I as told that if any social distancing restrictions were to be put in place, then these premium seats are more likely to stay intact while the general seating including season ticket holders seats will be affected (ie limited).

54K seating capacity could be reduced down to 25K based on your Gopher Priority Points?!

The Michigan Governor is definitely a concern. I think she’s the least likely in the Big Ten states to give the green light.

This is nothing more than a thinly veiled attempt to ask the people of Michigan, and UM alumni elsewhere, to put the governor's feet to the fire and allow them to have students back on campus this fall*.

As I've been saying, universities are desperate to ensure the survival of the school by making sure students get back on campus in-person. That in-person experience is what people pay big bucks for, not online. And the schools are more than willing to threaten to cut football to get what they want. (even though there is zero chance in hell that they'll actually cut the sport)

* it doesn't actually matter what the degree of "openess" is. They just have to be able to say to the public "we will have students on campus this fall". The fine print will be that some things will be online only, no matter what. Etc.

Michigan has truly lost touch with reality considering the epidemiology of the virus in younger age groups. The attitude has to be legal, worries about vulnerable staff and students. It is possible to make accommodations for that select group. This idea of shutting down schools for a year+ for this particular illness doesn’t make scientific sense.

Who shall we schedule in their place 10-17-20.?

Michigan has truly lost touch with reality considering the epidemiology of the virus in younger age groups. The attitude has to be legal, worries about vulnerable staff and students. It is possible to make accommodations for that select group. This idea of shutting down schools for a year+ for this particular illness doesn’t make scientific sense.

Who shall we schedule in their place 10-17-20.?
It's fake posturing, as you know.

Michigan will have students back on campus this fall, and will be playing all fall sports, probably with limited fans in the stands. Which will be the same for all Big Ten schools.

Want to bet a paycheck, to the contrary? You will pay dearly. Didn't think so.

You mean that u report that has been astronomically wrong from day one? That report.
You have no figment of a clue if it is wrong, or not. You're just repeating what someone else is claiming, and doing zero effort yourself.

I think what this tells us is that there is nothing - at this time - even close to a consensus on how to handle this situation.

And the real question remains - who makes the final decision(s)?

Does the NCAA issue a blanket ruling for all schools? Is it done conference-by-conference? State-by-state? School-by-school?

right now, nothing is certain and everything is theoretically possible.

Given the money involved, I still tend to believe that football will be played this year. but, I also tend to believe that there will NOT be fans in the stands. I also think it is very possible that teams could wind up playing fewer games, and the start of the season could be pushed back a month or more.

ICYMI - DII came out and announced that football teams will play a 10-game regular season instead of the normal 11 games. It was announced as a cost-saving measure. similar restrictions on other DII sports - hoops can play 22 games instead of 28 and so forth.

“So although trouble in a $185 million unit is a big deal, it isn’t of the scale that it threatens the University,” Schlissel said.

Top Bottom