All Things COVID-19 College Football Impact

Do the Gophers and Coach Fleck even want to play? Didn't coach say that all the players were supportive of cancelling the season? What will they do if Trump gets the season back on the schedule?

Do the Gophers and Coach Fleck even want to play? Didn't coach say that all the players were supportive of cancelling the season? What will they do if Trump gets the season back on the schedule?

Of course they will play whenever the season is scheduled. And I know your last question is a joke. Trump will have nothing to do with when the season starts.

Evidently this forum is full of liberals and have nothing 'good-to-say-politically'.
Hats off to President Trump for trying to help get Big Ten Football started again.
Or maybe we should live in fear.
So I'm considered a liberal for suggesting that we follow science etc.? Conservatives want to what then? Defy science?

^^^ they want whatever is the opposite of what liberals/progressives want. Simple as that. They don’t have an ethos of their own, anymore.

Correct.

I left Kevin a voice mail, and that's when the rumor started....

Well, even if it is a rumor I'm going to give you credit instead of orange man. I am also going to stop living in fear, by God, and get rid of this frick'n mask. Plus, I'm throwing out a "God Bless America" and raising Tin Foil Hat Guy one flag emoji, minus 49 stars, to show what a patriot I am. 🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷 (I hope like hell that's supposed to represent our Stars and Stripes and I didn't just honor Paraguay or some country like that.)

Those discussions would have happened regardless of Trump, he has nothing to do with it. Just because we are not hearing all about them does anyone really believe they are not meeting behind the scenes constantly to try and figure out the best way to return to play as soon as possible? There are millions of dollars at stake for the conference. The talks are ongoing, I have zero doubt in my mind about that.

It is pretty simple, multiple leagues have suspended seasons....yet Trump only talks about the Big Ten....hmmm....couldn't have anything to do with the Big Ten having multiple schools located in key swing states for the upcoming election.....
This is, of course, correct. Like I stated in my post, this was just opportunistic grandstanding by Trump that will do nothing. Whatever, I don't care.

But I absolutely believe that pressure continues to mount, internally and externally, for the B1G to have a season.

Someone call the WHAAAAAAMBULANCE! This tool is back crying about Kevin Warren. Dude, get a new bit. Kevin Warren will be the Big Ten Commissioner for many many years to come. You beating your little dead horse is not going to change anything. You must have a very simple brain - which is probably why you're also talking about "Antifa" for anyone who doesn't like Trump. NEWS FLASH; That is MOST OF THE COUNTRY. You'll watch in tears on November 3.

Also, thanks for being a complete prick without any regard for others. Who goes around bragging that they've never worn a mask? Not to worry though, Darwin will have his way with you soon enough.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 found the triggered! I don’t need to say more, like I said I’m sure your family is embarrassed for you.

This is, of course, correct. Like I stated in my post, this was just opportunistic grandstanding by Trump that will do nothing. Whatever, I don't care.

But I absolutely believe that pressure continues to mount, internally and externally, for the B1G to have a season.
I don’t believe the presidents ever intended to not have any season — unless the SEC et al seasons end in catastrophe.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with waiting for a bit.

Well, even if it is a rumor I'm going to give you credit instead of orange man. I am also going to stop living in fear, by God, and get rid of this frick'n mask. Plus, I'm throwing out a "God Bless America" and raising Tin Foil Hat Guy one flag emoji, minus 49 stars, to show what a patriot I am. 🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷 (I hope like hell that's supposed to represent our Stars and Stripes and I didn't just honor Paraguay or some country like that.)
The emoji you used is the Liberian flag: https://emojipedia.org/flag-liberia/ (See the entry for JoyPixels)

I don’t believe the presidents ever intended to not have any season — unless the SEC et al seasons end in catastrophe.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with waiting for a bit.

There is next to no chance a season happens if it doesn’t start in October. I think there is very little chance it happens during October either, but that’s for reasons of pride.

Publicly stunt or not, it’s a hell of lot better than not being interested in the Gophers playing this fall. Oh, wait a minute. That‘s what some of you And MplsGopher are you so stupid to still believe in the Russia hoax?

There is next to no chance a season happens if it doesn’t start in October. I think there is very little chance it happens during October either, but that’s for reasons of pride.
Arbitrary opinion, backed by nothing. You are free to hold that opinion. But I consider it to be in bad faith.

Question: if you had the power to punish be Big Ten, would you do so at the cost of all the Gopher players who’ve worked so hard for this year??

Arbitrary opinion, backed by nothing. You are free to hold that opinion. But I consider it to be in bad faith.

Question: if you had the power to punish be Big Ten, would you do so at the cost of all the Gopher players who’ve worked so hard for this year??

Huh? Your responses are often very unrelated to whatever I post.

I’d like the kids to have a chance to play if they want to. The only way that realistically happens is if the season starts in October. If that doesn’t happen, no way an indoor, middle of the winter, too close to spring practice, too close to next fall season happens (Unless it’s something like a freshman league). If they don’t play for any reason other than they chose not to... I think that is poor leadership. I don’t want to be the boogeyman and get the person responsible. Sometimes we don’t know what’s better for people than they themselves do. Sometimes people should be allowed to make their own choices.

It is just the usual attempt by Trump to avoid any discussion why this country has many, many more Covid deaths per capita than any first world country.

If your wondering by now it is nearly impossible to have an adult conversation with MPLSGOPHER. my suggestion to everyone is to stop interacting with him. Maybe his hate and refusal to be an open person others ideas will fade away.

It is just the usual attempt by Trump to avoid any discussion why this country has many, many more Covid deaths per capita than any first world country.
This is just not true.

This year is so messed up that I don't think you can take anything off the table. But it still gets back to the same place. The vote was 11-3 to ppd. 5 votes would have to change. What has changed that would make anyone change their mind? If we can get some games in the spring I'll take it.

Huh? Your responses are often very unrelated to whatever I post.

I’d like the kids to have a chance to play if they want to. The only way that realistically happens is if the season starts in October. If that doesn’t happen, no way an indoor, middle of the winter, too close to spring practice, too close to next fall season happens (Unless it’s something like a freshman league). If they don’t play for any reason other than they chose not to... I think that is poor leadership. I don’t want to be the boogeyman and get the person responsible. Sometimes we don’t know what’s better for people than they themselves do. Sometimes people should be allowed to make their own choices.
The reason I asked is simply that your posts read like, if you had the power you would force the Big Ten into an ultimatum: play early in the fall or else you aren’t allowed to play until next fall.

I’m asking if that is correct. It sure reads like it, from your posts.

I think that’s a silly position for anyone to hold, so hopefully you don’t.

The indoor season will be fine. It won’t be ideal, but it won’t be any worse in spirit than what the NBA is doing, which has absolutely been as successful as it could be.

This year is so messed up that I don't think you can take anything off the table. But it still gets back to the same place. The vote was 11-3 to ppd. 5 votes would have to change. What has changed that would make anyone change their mind? If we can get some games in the spring I'll take it.
Maybe public pressure and the mounting loses that universities are facing. You can cut all the non revenue sports you won’t and it won’t make up for the losses at universities.

What was the question, where she was supposed to say yes or no to the reporter?

Again, I think you’re seeing what you want to see. I am not seeing any attempt by Gabel to present misinformation or mislead with her words. Are you able to show otherwise?

“Big Ten presidents and chancellors voted 11-3 to postpone the fall college football season due to health and safety concerns tied to the COVID-19 pandemic, according to a brief and two sworn affidavits filed by the league on Monday.“

“Barbour’s statements follow in line with those of University of Minnesota President Joan Gabel, who on Tuesday said: “We didn’t vote, per se. It’s a deliberative process where we came to a decision together, but I absolutely support the decision that we came to. Safety first. Absolutely, safety first.”“

“Big Ten presidents and chancellors voted 11-3 to postpone the fall college football season due to health and safety concerns tied to the COVID-19 pandemic, according to a brief and two sworn affidavits filed by the league on Monday.“

“Barbour’s statements follow in line with those of University of Minnesota President Joan Gabel, who on Tuesday said: “We didn’t vote, per se. It’s a deliberative process where we came to a decision together, but I absolutely support the decision that we came to. Safety first. Absolutely, safety first.”“
That could mean a number of things, without being a lie. Such as, they did an informal survey of opinions, with 11 for postponement and 3 against, with no formal vote per se.

Top Bottom