All Things COVID-19 College Football Impact

You think? The usual folks will come up with their own analysis or plans of action or denials but the figures of the U.S. having 4% of the world's population and 22% of the world's Covid deaths are pretty hard to gloss over. I'm of the opinion if we weren't run by this buffoon, we'd be looking forward to seeing the Gophers playing football this September.

it is amazing how political affiliation can impact one’s view. You trust China’s numbers? How many Africans countries have even 1/100th of the testing numbers? What reckless behaviors have you engaged in because DT is President that you wouldn’t have if HC was President? I’ve actually not been into the office since March, haven’t travelled anywhere, and have woken my mask Since being allowed to go back to church. Guess what, I would have done those same things no matter who our President was.

it is amazing how political affiliation can impact one’s view. You trust China’s numbers? How many Africans countries have even 1/100th of the testing numbers? What reckless behaviors have you engaged in because DT is President that you wouldn’t have if HC was President? I’ve actually not been into the office since March, haven’t travelled anywhere, and have woken my mask Since being allowed to go back to church. Guess what, I would have done those same things no matter who our President was.
You did, and that’s great. So have I (minus the church bit). So have some others.

But other folks have not. And they’ve been emboldened to do so because of our president. Fact. If HC has been president, the federal government would’ve taken a much larger, more active role in management and hopefully cracking down on violations of public health, as well. How I wish that had been the case ...

As is, we very much find ourselves entrenched in a cold, civil war. Just as I’m sure Putin dreamed about for the US years ago and has now helped bring to fruition.

Publicity stunt. He can't do anything to start it up, and he talked to the wrong person. He wants to be able to take credit if something happens.

That's all this is.

It's the internet "I predicted it" guy who predicts a thing will happen and then claims some credibility for it despite his predicting involving no work or information... just being a stopped clock.

And if it comes up again and he's wrong, he'll just blame <insert scapegoat>

If the Big Ten starts football on thanksgiving, Trump will claim he got them to play in fall. Apparently, Thanksgiving is fall.

(even though it had already been announced before Trump’s publicity stunt, and even though Trump was crystal clear he meant right now in Sept)

Of course it's a publicity stunt by the president, designed to curry favor in significant swing states.

However...

This thing appears to have some legs. Teddy Greenstein and Adam Rittenberg are both quoting sources that discussions continue. Medical benchmarks need to be established. Protocols outlined. Pretty much all the things that should have been happening months ago.

But it does seem like a glimmer of optimism on the distant horizon. Six school presidents need to change their minds.

Iowa, Nebraska and Ohio State were the 3 schools that voted against shit-canning the football season for 2020.

The Athletic - Lawsuit Documents Against B1G

The vote/no vote debate scandal thickens

Big Ten presidents and chancellors voted 11-3 to postpone the fall college football season due to health and safety concerns tied to the COVID-19 pandemic, according to a brief and two sworn affidavits filed by the league on Monday.

Gabel lied to us?

The reality is that Trump's call will not be the catalyst for the Big Ten starting this fall, but he is sure going to try and make it seem like it on social media.
Wait a minute, hold the phone, just TIME OUT!! Are you telling me that a politician, in the middle of a re-election cycle, would try to use an existing current event to try to gain popularity?? You have GOT to be kidding me. I can't recall anyone ever doing that, like ever before

The vote/no vote debate scandal thickens

Big Ten presidents and chancellors voted 11-3 to postpone the fall college football season due to health and safety concerns tied to the COVID-19 pandemic, according to a brief and two sworn affidavits filed by the league on Monday.

Gabel lied to us?
Quote the words she said that you suspect qualify as a lie. Likely, they don’t.

Quote the words she said that you suspect qualify as a lie. Likely, they don’t.

Seems like a simple yes or no question, to a normal person.

Penn State athletic director Sandy Barbour, during a video news conference Monday, detailed the uncertainty, adding another layer of confusion about the Big Ten’s decision.

“It is unclear to me whether or not there was a vote,” she said. “No one’s ever told me there was. I just don’t know whether there actually was a vote by the chancellors and presidents.”

Barbour’s statements follow in line with those of University of Minnesota President Joan Gabel, who on Tuesday said: “We didn’t vote, per se. It’s a deliberative process where we came to a decision together, but I absolutely support the decision that we came to. Safety first. Absolutely, safety first.”

Big Ten Commissioner Kevin Warren sidestepped a question on whether the league’s 14 members were unanimous during an interview on the Big Ten Network last week.

“Our schools, we don’t always agree, but people understand — and I take that from a passionate standpoint — that we will be together in the Big Ten. I just think it’s important to make that very clear,” Warren said. “I would rather not have a detailed discussion about if it was unanimous or not unanimous. This is a decision that was made on a collective basis.”

Lmao all the orange man bad people got triggered immensely with this thread! I’m sure all their friends are embarrassed for them as they hide in basement waiting for their Next Antifa rally.

I’m glad Trump is trying to get B1G to start, a poster mentioned it already with baby steps to get economy going as football is a huge catalyst.

the scam is up, Democrats are using this to keep economy shut down and hurt Trump. I have yet to wear a mask, and thankfully the state I live in now is open and being ran intelligently. I’ve come across hundreds if not thousands of people while also going to the gym and I have yet to get it. I also live my life not in fear of a 99.96% survival rate as you’re more likely to die in a car accident than Covid.

Warren needs to be fired or resign for the complete mess he has caused, lack of guidance, and communication in all this.

I’m sure this will also trigger orange man bad posters but remember Keep America Great Again! God Bless 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Trump understands that playing football is a big step in normalization for our country. He also understands that it helps the economy if we can get football started again. It's going to take awhile to start letting fans back in the stadiums and everything that takes place around a football Saturday. Have to start with baby steps and Trump gets that.
Trump is grasping at the straws trying to pick up votes any where possible. The only thing he cares about is making money for himself and staying out of jail. He doesn't have a clue about football.

What was the question, where she was supposed to say yes or no to the reporter?

Again, I think you’re seeing what you want to see. I am not seeing any attempt by Gabel to present misinformation or mislead with her words. Are you able to show otherwise?

Of course it's a publicity stunt by the president, designed to curry favor in significant swing states.

However...

This thing appears to have some legs. Teddy Greenstein and Adam Rittenberg are both quoting sources that discussions continue. Medical benchmarks need to be established. Protocols outlined. Pretty much all the things that should have been happening months ago.

But it does seem like a glimmer of optimism on the distant horizon. Six school presidents need to change their minds.

Those discussions would have happened regardless of Trump, he has nothing to do with it. Just because we are not hearing all about them does anyone really believe they are not meeting behind the scenes constantly to try and figure out the best way to return to play as soon as possible? There are millions of dollars at stake for the conference. The talks are ongoing, I have zero doubt in my mind about that.

It is pretty simple, multiple leagues have suspended seasons....yet Trump only talks about the Big Ten....hmmm....couldn't have anything to do with the Big Ten having multiple schools located in key swing states for the upcoming election.....

Lmao all the orange man bad people got triggered immensely with this thread! I’m sure all their friends are embarrassed for them as they hide in basement waiting for their Next Antifa rally.

I’m glad Trump is trying to get B1G to start, a poster mentioned it already with baby steps to get economy going as football is a huge catalyst.

the scam is up, Democrats are using this to keep economy shut down and hurt Trump. I have yet to wear a mask, and thankfully the state I live in now is open and being ran intelligently. I’ve come across hundreds if not thousands of people while also going to the gym and I have yet to get it. I also live my life not in fear of a 99.96% survival rate as you’re more likely to die in a car accident than Covid.

Warren needs to be fired or resign for the complete mess he has caused, lack of guidance, and communication in all this.

I’m sure this will also trigger orange man bad posters but remember Keep America Great Again! God Bless 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Someone call the WHAAAAAAMBULANCE! This tool is back crying about Kevin Warren. Dude, get a new bit. Kevin Warren will be the Big Ten Commissioner for many many years to come. You beating your little dead horse is not going to change anything. You must have a very simple brain - which is probably why you're also talking about "Antifa" for anyone who doesn't like Trump. NEWS FLASH; That is MOST OF THE COUNTRY. You'll watch in tears on November 3.

Also, thanks for being a complete prick without any regard for others. Who goes around bragging that they've never worn a mask? Not to worry though, Darwin will have his way with you soon enough.

Truly hope the Big Ten presidents vote this down, if it’s actually real.

There is no way Trump is the driving force in any of this in spite of how he will no doubt want to make it seem like he was. If the Big Ten is really considering an October return to play those talks have been going on for a while. Trump's phone call with Warren is just political posturing so that he can claim he brought football back if it ends up happening prior to the election.

There is no way Trump is the driving force in any of this in spite of how he will no doubt want to make it seem like he was. If the Big Ten is really considering an October return to play those talks have been going on for a while. Trump's phone call with Warren is just political posturing so that he can claim he brought football back if it ends up happening prior to the election.

Correct.

I left Kevin a voice mail, and that's when the rumor started....

The “source” is Dan Patrick. Guess what the same “source” was saying yesterday:

I don't know that any given plan is easier or harder ... October seems a bit soon-ish... but any of these plans let you see how it goes for ACC and SEC.

Then you can improve if you think you can, or nope out if it is a mess.

Evidently this forum is full of liberals and have nothing 'good-to-say-politically'.
Hats off to President Trump for trying to help get Big Ten Football started again.
Or maybe we should live in fear.

Sorry is there something good politically going on that anybody should be talking about? Must have missed it.

Also, again, Trump didn't do shit.

Evidently this forum is full of liberals and have nothing 'good-to-say-politically'.
Hats off to President Trump for trying to help get Big Ten Football started again.
Or maybe we should live in fear.

Honest question, how is he helping? He is tweeting about it and having a phone call with a person who can't make the decision to resume play on his own. So what is Trump doing outside of posturing for his base that lives in Big Ten Country?

And on top of that, given what is going on in this country (racial unrest, global pandemic....) is this really something the President should be spouting off about anyway? Seems like there are far better uses of his time.

Honest question, how is he helping? He is tweeting about it and having a phone call with a person who can't make the decision to resume play on his own. So what is Trump doing outside of posturing for his base that lives in Big Ten Country?

And on top of that, given what is going on in this country (racial unrest, global pandemic....) is this really something the President should be spouting off about anyway? Seems like there are far better uses of his time.
What has Trump ever done other than posture to his fan base? Ever. On any issue.

Top Bottom