All Things Conference Title Games

HA. Wisconsin is much better than us. Sorry you do t like to hear that - I don’t either - but they are.
That wasn’t the argument. WI was better than us. The argument is we’ve closed the gap and we undoubtedly have.

HA. Wisconsin is much better than us. Sorry you do t like to hear that - I don’t either - but they are.
Yep, they’re LIGHT YEARS ahead of us. Do you have your light saber out tonight? Playing a little Star Wars with the buddies? ???

Use objective ratings or the eye test, whatever you wish. But frankly you’re wrong. Or you just have a different definition of “much” than everyone else. 7 vs 17 in S&P rankings (and they’ll likely drop after this game. We played an awful game. Weather did not help. Shit happens. But it’s not so doom and gloom like you paint it. That’d be like saying we were “far better” than them last year. Just untrue

LSU’s resume is far superior to Ohio State’s and it’s not really close. The argument for Ohio St being #1 is far more difficult to make.

The knock on LSU is their defense, or lack thereof. OSU is viewed as more balanced. LSU is pretty pass happy too...less balanced on offense. As far as resume, beating WI twice, Penn State and Michigan is decently strong and equates to 3 top 10 wins in the current CFP rankings which is more than LSU has.

The knock on LSU is their defense, or lack thereof. OSU is viewed as more balanced. LSU is pretty pass happy too...less balanced on offense. As far as resume, beating WI twice, Penn State and Michigan is decently strong and equates to 3 top 10 wins in the current CFP rankings which is more than LSU has.

More top 10 wins. More ranked wins. I fail to see the superiority in LSUs resume.

How does anyone ever beat OSU in the title game from the west? OSU was complete sleep walking for an entire half, and they may blow out Wisconsin.

I mean, how depressing!
Maybe the Gophers will show everyone how to do it next season.

Gotta tip your had to the vadgers though. They played a hell of a game.

Night was looking pretty crappy there for a while. Gophers VB was going down in flames, 2nd choke job in two years. Becky pulling off a huge upset.

But all is right in the world. Gophers pull off huge comeback and advance to the Sweet Sixteen, as they should. Becky gets b***ched, as they should. No Roses for you.

Good night!

Night was looking pretty crappy there for a while. Gophers VB was going down in flames, 2nd choke job in two years. Becky pulling off a huge upset.

But all is right in the world. Gophers pull off huge comeback and advance to the Sweet Sixteen, as they should. Becky gets b***ched, as they should. No Roses for you.

Good night!
Exactly. I had to keep turning off the BTN as the Gopher VB were playing poorly. Then the drunk skunks were looking good in the first half and this was almost a double nightmare. Thank God the proper order was restored.

27-0 second half
This is correct. This was the real game.

OSU thought they’d show up and sleepwalk to a blowout. Forgot they had to actually play, in the first half. Too bad.

Should’ve been a 54-0 victory.

Just remember, as my sister who went to Princeton likes to remind me, that Princeton has 25 ! If you count only the ones decided on the field then WE have the same as Princeton, Zero !

So what you are saying is that there were no National Champions prior to the 1992 season. Fascinating.

Reactions: ZPI

Coan got obliterated on that last play ... man that could be very much not worth it if he's hurt.

If you don't want to get hit, go out of bounds or slide!

We've outscored Wisconsin in the past two meetings. Now you know.

The tweet I posted sure looks like the defender lowers his head.
I thought targeting was if you target the other guys head. Maybe they folded spearing into targeting? I don’t recall.

Anyway to me in live speed it looks like they just ran into each other full speed, and Coan got wrecked.

No wonder that dink pro-Becky FOX guy (with his whiny a__ “do the right thing committee! waaaaa!”) was begging for them to score on the last play. He had money on the over.

Did they look at it in replay? Impossible to tell in live speed.

All I know is he got sat the f down.
Clear case of the ref swallowing the whistle because it was the last play. If that hit happens in the 3Q he's out of the 1st half of the playoff game. Imho

Clear case of the ref swallowing the whistle because it was the last play. If that hit happens in the 3Q he's out of the 1st half of the playoff game. Imho
I’m not seeing what you’re seeing. Do you have access to another angle?

I thought targeting was if you target the other guys head. Maybe they folded spearing into targeting? I don’t recall.

Anyway to me in live speed it looks like they just ran into each other full speed, and Coan got wrecked.

No wonder that dink pro-Becky FOX guy (with his whiny a__ “do the right thing committee! waaaaa!”) was begging for them to score on the last play. He had money on the over.

Agreed. If Wisconsin misses the Rose Bowl it isn't because they lost to Ohio State, it's because they lost to Illinois.

I don't think their bench will be yelling obscenities at the crowd like they were last week. You have dirty players and eventually what goes around comes around.

LSU’s wins against Alabama with Tua and Georgia are better than any win Ohio State has. Then you throw in wins over Auburn and Florida and the gap’s even wider. For whatever reason, the committee has been inflating Ohio State opponents all season. Alabama lost by 3 on the road to Auburn and dropped seven spots. Michigan got blown out at home by Ohio State and dropped one spot. Eye test only seems relevant when it comes to propping up teams the committee likes.

LSU’s wins against Alabama with Tua and Georgia are better than any win Ohio State has. Then you throw in wins over Auburn and Florida and the gap’s even wider. For whatever reason, the committee has been inflating Ohio State opponents all season. Started early with Penn State Alabama lost by 3 on the road to Auburn and dropped seven spots. Michigan got blown out at home by Ohio State and dropped one spot. Eye test only seems relevant when it comes to propping up teams the committee likes.

LSU played an FCS team.

Top Bottom