All Things Conference Title Games

I did notice the banners on TV announcing the teams did not say WI was co champs. It said West Champs. I guess the TV producers did not get the message from PJ.
There will be apologies issued in the AM.

OSU's closest games were 11 and 13 point wins over top 10 teams. Everyone else they obliterated. LSU won by 3 to Auburn, 5 to Bama and 7 to Texas. Plus they played an FCS team. Ohio State #1

Badgers made us look better. They played a brilliant first half and deserve the Rose Bowl over Penn State. Frankly, Ohio State did not look as good as LSU today - they probably will drop to #2 tomorrow. I hope we do NOT get Alabama or Auburn in a FL bowl game. Tennessee would be just fine. Losing three of our last four, to ranked teams, would not look good.

Badgers made us look better. They played a brilliant first half and deserve the Rose Bowl over Penn State. Frankly, Ohio State did not look as good as LSU today - they probably will drop to #2 tomorrow. I hope we do NOT get Alabama or Auburn in a FL bowl game. Tennessee would be just fine. Losing three of our last four, to ranked teams, would not look good.

Sadly all the projections have us vs. Auburn in Tampa. So, likely a loss to end the year barring a miracle.

I would not get too invested in claiming any West shared Championships.

Minnesota had its chance (actually more than one if you include the Iowa debacle) and again pissed it down the collective leg one week ago.

Wisconsin will forever be the West Champion, like it or not. And for the record, I do not like it and have been irritated since the Iowa loss. Maybe a Bowl win will make things better.

I would not get too invested in claiming any West shared Championships.

Minnesota had its chance (actually more than one if you include the Iowa debacle) and again pissed it down the collective leg one week ago.

Wisconsin will forever be the West Champion, like it or not. And for the record, I do not like it and have been irritated since the Iowa loss. Maybe a Bowl win will make things better.
Pessimistic and entitled? Love it.

Sarcasm aside in only the 3rd year of the Fleck era we've had our first 10 win season in decades. Give it time my man, we are catching up to the skunks fast. A bowl win would be a nice ending for a great season but Auburn is a very good football team.

Sadly all the projections have us vs. Auburn in Tampa. So, likely a loss to end the year barring a miracle.
Personally I’d be ok with that matchup. Their qb has been erratic all year. Load the box and let our corners do the rest

We are light years away from tOSU- don’t fool yourself. What we have learned is we aren’t as close to WI as we thought. I remember saying early in the year “Crap, they are great” - then IL. That was the anomaly. We aren’t near WI.
We beat the tar out of them last year - this year if we had played the game at US Bank with optimal passing conditions and Faalele doesn't go down - who knows. After watching Wisconsin in the second half get shut out 27-0, I don't think we are as far away from WI as you think.

I guess they were better than we were this year when we played them on the field we played them and that's all that really matters....we could have played a lot better and Wisconsin played their best.

Losing twice to Ohio State doesn’t get you a Rose Bowl, nor does losing to Illinois.

The loss to Illinois sunk their season, from what it could’ve been. End of story

LSU’s wins against Alabama with Tua and Georgia are better than any win Ohio State has. Then you throw in wins over Auburn and Florida and the gap’s even wider. For whatever reason, the committee has been inflating Ohio State opponents all season. Alabama lost by 3 on the road to Auburn and dropped seven spots. Michigan got blown out at home by Ohio State and dropped one spot. Eye test only seems relevant when it comes to propping up teams the committee likes.
You’re really trying hard here.

Ohio St will stay #1. It will be

1. Ohio St
2. LSU
3. Clemson
4. Oklahoma

And really, only Oklahoma doesn't belong in that bunch. Clemson vs LSU will be a classic.

1. Ohio St
2. LSU
3. Clemson
4. Oklahoma

And really, only Oklahoma doesn't belong in that bunch. Clemson vs LSU will be a classic.
Ohio State lovvvvvvvvves Oklahoma.

1. Ohio St
2. LSU
3. Clemson
4. Oklahoma

Maybe, but I'm not so sure. LSU destroyed the #4 team that had one loss, while OSU struggled against the #8 team that had 2 losses. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see LSU leapfrog OSU for the #1 spot.

Yep, they’re LIGHT YEARS ahead of us. Do you have your light saber out tonight? Playing a little Star Wars with the buddies? ???
I said tOSU was light years ahead.
I said WI is much better.

We've outscored Wisconsin in the past two meetings. Now you know.
Great to know, thanks. Not sure what last year has to do with me thinking WI is much better than us this year, but ok - now I know.

Use objective ratings or the eye test, whatever you wish. But frankly you’re wrong. Or you just have a different definition of “much” than everyone else. 7 vs 17 in S&P rankings (and they’ll likely drop after this game. We played an awful game. Weather did not help. Shit happens. But it’s not so doom and gloom like you paint it. That’d be like saying we were “far better” than them last year. Just untrue
Yeah, good points. “Much” might be overstating it. They are (some adjective) better than us this year tho.

I did notice the banners on TV announcing the teams did not say WI was co champs. It said West Champs. I guess the TV producers did not get the message from PJ.
There will be apologies issued in the AM.
The Big Ten recognizes co division champions so Fleck didn't make it up. It's also listed in the Big Ten media guide that way.

Either way, Fleck just mentioned it a few times when talking about the success of the team. It's not like they're planning a parade or anything.

The Big Ten recognizes co division champions so Fleck didn't make it up. It's also listed in the Big Ten media guide that way.

Either way, Fleck just mentioned it a few times when talking about the success of the team. It's not like they're planning a parade or anything.

I honestly had no idea.

For those of you that think a "committee" is the way to go, and that they will do what you feel is "right"...

PS- you are Flounder, Otto is the committee chair....

Great to know, thanks. Not sure what last year has to do with me thinking WI is much better than us this year, but ok - now I know.

Not sure what it has to do with next year either.

You must have forgotten that you mentioned the gap between the two teams. Or you remembered and are too embarrassed by the comment.

Not sure what it has to do with next year either.

You must have forgotten that you mentioned the gap between the two teams. Or you remembered and are too embarrassed by the comment.
I never said anything about next year either.
Embarrassed that I still see a gap between us and WI? Nope. Tell me what that has to do with next year?

I never said anything about next year either.
Embarrassed that I still see a gap between us and WI? Nope. Tell me what that has to do with next year?

Is the gap that wide? Last time I checked....we outscored them in the past two games....so it must be closer than you think.

Top Bottom