All things Colton Iverson Thread

You are right and if Colton had stayed he would have been gone last year....

I think he will get his 15 minutes a game and a million in his pocket and play for about 5 years. Garnett got traded so he will probably be playing behind Fab Melo. Olynyk will probably play some 4 and 5.

I always wished Tubby would have started Colton and brought Ralph off the bench, but he pretty much felt the opposite the entire time we had them on the roster. Considering Colton was drafted and Ralph didn't even come close, I still think he should have went with Colt.

Considering Colton was drafted and Ralph didn't even come close, I still think he should have went with Colt.

Colton needed to get out of the Big Ten. His last year he was abused by the referees. He had lost the benefit of the doubt from all the refs.

Colton needed to get out of the Big Ten. His last year he was abused by the referees. He had lost the benefit of the doubt from all the refs.

Colton needed to get into an offense that used his talents.

"Hello Colton! This is Tubby. Sorry I almost fuched you up."

If Colton spends time in the DL & somehow RS3 gets another year in the DL Colton will destroy him.

rs3.JPG

I always wished Tubby would have started Colton and brought Ralph off the bench, but he pretty much felt the opposite the entire time we had them on the roster. Considering Colton was drafted and Ralph didn't even come close, I still think he should have went with Colt.

It was pretty obvious who the better player was, and it was pretty obvious Colton, while sitting on the bench watching Ralph do little to nothing, knew it too. You could almost see the frustration seething through his pores. It was interesting the reaction of most on the board at that time, however, was to support the coaches' decision instead of the obvious mistake being made.

It was pretty obvious who the better player was, and it was pretty obvious Colton, while sitting on the bench watching Ralph do little to nothing, knew it too. You could almost see the frustration seething through his pores. It was interesting the reaction of most on the board at that time, however, was to support the coaches' decision instead of the obvious mistake being made.

I was not one of those supporting the establishment (B1G officials and Tubby's administration). Collectively they did what they could to destroy Colt's confidence. Almost as if they were going to 'get the big white cracker'. I called them out then and I call them out now. They abused Colt. I guess he calls them out with his continued successes.

I was not one of those supporting the establishment (B1G officials and Tubby's administration). Collectively they did what they could to destroy Colt's confidence. Almost as if they were going to 'get the big white cracker'. I called them out then and I call them out now. They abused Colt. I guess he calls them out with his continued successes.

I always thought the coaching staff did that to players that didn't adhere to there philosophy or whatever, the obvious ones to me were Iverson, Joseph, and Bostick. All three never got the playing time they deserved while at Minnesota, Josephs played when they absolutely needed him and then got limited playing time, Bostick didn't play defense was the rub but good enough when his offense was taken into consideration in my mind, Iverson just got screwed.

Iverson, Muscala getting drafted is in line with deliberate attempt of the nba to continue to whiten the league. A black guy with there ability would not even be considered. If I had to field a team to play against nba level talent, I would definitely choose Mbawke, Williams, and CJ leslie over these below average players . Basketball is positionless when it comes to elite talent. Case in point is the Miami Heat. Nba continues to search the globe high and low to find white guys worthy of playing in the nba. Most do not pan out and there have been less than a handful of elite players. Timberwolves trying to appeal to a racist fan base will continue to finish in the bottom of the league employing this strategy. Mbawke destroyed Zeller yet he is top 10 in draft and Mbawke is undrafted. Just because these guys were drafted doesn't mean they have developed or are better players. They put up numbers in weak conferences which rendered them acceptable to nba.

You're an idiot.

Iverson, Muscala getting drafted is in line with deliberate attempt of the nba to continue to whiten the league. A black guy with there ability would not even be considered. If I had to field a team to play against nba level talent, I would definitely choose Mbawke, Williams, and CJ leslie over these below average players . Basketball is positionless when it comes to elite talent. Case in point is the Miami Heat. Nba continues to search the globe high and low to find white guys worthy of playing in the nba. Most do not pan out and there have been less than a handful of elite players. Timberwolves trying to appeal to a racist fan base will continue to finish in the bottom of the league employing this strategy. Mbawke destroyed Zeller yet he is top 10 in draft and Mbawke is undrafted. Just because these guys were drafted doesn't mean they have developed or are better players. They put up numbers in weak conferences which rendered them acceptable to nba.

What have we learned here today? The Twin Cities and Minnesota people as a collective are racists.

So the rest of the season Zeller played exclusively vs white dudes and put up his stats?

Iverson, Muscala getting drafted is in line with deliberate attempt of the nba to continue to whiten the league. A black guy with there ability would not even be considered..

Stupidity at it's best.

What have we learned here today? The Twin Cities and Minnesota people as a collective are racists.

Hence why the two first round picks were used on Norwegian Christians Shabazz Muhammed and Gorgui Dieng. Duh.

Well... there is a paragraph for the record books.

Chances are just as good that a black guy with the ability of Iverson or Muscala would be more highly rated. The general opinion on white ball players is that their ceiling is too low.

As to the Timberwolves- they are looking high and low and worldwide because they have had a terrible organization for drafting talent over the years- regardless of color. The "racist" fan base was filling the building when the team was almost all black players and winning. Now the building is half empty with a team that is largely white players.

As to Mbakwe destroying Zeller- indeed he did. I love watching Trevor play but his is going to have to prove that he can be a 6'7" power forward in the NBA and that is not a proposition that usually works out. It can and I hope it does for him. In the NBA most 6'7" guys need an excellent outside shot and good ball handling skills- neither of which Mbakwe has.
Zeller is 7' tall with shooting skills and that get's you drafted- even though I don't like his toughness.

Well... there is a paragraph for the record books.

Chances are just as good that a black guy with the ability of Iverson or Muscala would be more highly rated. The general opinion on white ball players is that their ceiling is too low.

As to the Timberwolves- they are looking high and low and worldwide because they have had a terrible organization for drafting talent over the years- regardless of color. The "racist" fan base was filling the building when the team was almost all black players and winning. Now the building is half empty with a team that is largely white players.

As to Mbakwe destroying Zeller- indeed he did. I love watching Trevor play but his is going to have to prove that he can be a 6'7" power forward in the NBA and that is not a proposition that usually works out. It can and I hope it does for him. In the NBA most 6'7" guys need an excellent outside shot and good ball handling skills- neither of which Mbakwe has.
Zeller is 7' tall with shooting skills and that get's you drafted- even though I don't like his toughness.

Mbawke can play the center position better than Iverson and Muscala and it is not even close. Mbawke is a better rebounder, shot blocker, post and pick and roll defender, and much better finisher. He is quicker, bigger wingspan,simillar standing reach and overall more aggressive.It will be open season on the rim if those stiffs are in the game and this has been proven with Iverson in Big 10 play which pales in comparison to nba. I think he had less than 30 blocks in that weak conference. The nba realizes that very few are impact players and most are defensive liabilities due to lack of quickness and poor wingspans. If I had to choose players for a pick up game and there was a long wait for the loser, Williams and Mbawke would be easy choices over Iverson and Muscala.

....Iverson, Muscala getting drafted is in line with deliberate attempt of the nba to continue to whiten the league. A black guy with there ability would not even be considered. Nba continues to search the globe high and low to find white guys worthy of playing in the nba....

Yeah. Damn racist NBA. Someone let Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson know about this! They'll fix it.

Was this a top secret meeting to discuss bringing in more white guys? Maybe a breakout session at a league meeting?

Was this a top secret meeting to discuss bringing in more white guys? Maybe a breakout session at a league meeting?

I heard that the Feds are going to force all NBA teams to become the trademark of Title X, that being there must be equal numbers of blacks and whites on each team.

I read and reread this paragraph and it finally dawned on me that I have been completely and obviously idiotically misinformed for all these years. How could I not see these atrocities...all in the name of "whitening" the league. I bet that is why David Stern was forced to step down. He is a well known "white guy" hater. You can tell, he hugs the black first round draft picks a lot harder than the white ones.

I think you should contact Royce White and go on Dr. Phil to tell the world about this conspiracy against black players, especially those with anxiety disorders. I'd buy tickets for that show!

Top Bottom