All things Colton Iverson Thread

Cobbs did not look impressive as a freshmen playing with the second 5. As many have noted, no one looks to good playing with a whole team of bench players. That is on Tubby.

@chadfordinsider: CSU's Colton Iverson will get some looks in 2nd round. So strong. Wrecking ball. Good for 5 fouls a night as a backup?

@chadfordinsider: CSU's Colton Iverson will get some looks in 2nd round. So strong. Wrecking ball. Good for 5 fouls a night as a backup?

He worked in the gym, you can tell he put in the time. With a frame like that and desire the NBA has a place for him. How does he compare to Stiemsma? He compares favorably, a tad more mobile I think.

He worked in the (practice facility), you can tell he put in the time. With a frame like that and desire the NBA has a place for him. How does he compare to Stiemsma? He compares favorably, a tad more mobile I think.

Fixed it for you lol

Watching Iverson these last couple games against some pretty decent defenders and more physical teams he performed about exactly like I expected. Seems like he was able to feast on a softer Mountain West and didn't really handle the NCAA tourney test too well, IMO he looked about like Eliason and was nothing special. All the people who thought we could have used him and we missed him this season I think this is about how he would have done in the B1G and I would probably take Eliason over him when you factor in you have 2 more years of him and Iverson would be a senior. I don't see him getting drafted either, but he could get a look on a summer league team.

I'm glad that Colton Iverson was able to finish his collegiate career with an impressive season. Good job, Colton.

All the people who thought we could have used him and we missed him this season I think this is about how he would have done in the B1G and I would probably take Eliason over him when you factor in you have 2 more years of him and Iverson would be a senior.

What injury do you think Colt would have sustained last year, had he not transferred after the 2010-11 season? Or would he have been redshirted by Tubby?

What injury do you think Colt would have sustained last year, had he not transferred after the 2010-11 season? Or would he have been redshirted by Tubby?
Forgot he would have graduated last year but the point I was trying to make anyway was I think he was quite overrated this season and would not have had close to the same success in the B1G.

I talked to Colton about his future prospects a few months ago. Apparently he's in pretty frequent contact with the Nuggets, who are big on Colorado-area players.

I talked to Colton about his future prospects a few months ago. Apparently he's in pretty frequent contact with the Nuggets, who are big on Colorado-area players.

Not sure he really fits their system well, but can never have too many bigs. Would be great to see him make it in the NBA though.

I hated to see Colt leave but thought he made a good move. Colt still has the dream. While here I thought Colt got excellent separation, but was the worst finisher since Miles Tarver. He picked a very good program where he could start and made himself bigger and better during the transfer year. He freed up minutes so EE could develop and positioned himself to pursue the dream. I would be very surprised if Colt has any negative feelings toward our program.

I would be very surprised if Colt has any negative feelings toward our program.

Quotes I saw in the paper this week showed no ill will. Still buddies with Oto - like daily contact it sounded like.

Forgot he would have graduated last year but the point I was trying to make anyway was I think he was quite overrated this season and would not have had close to the same success in the B1G.

In all seriousness, a redshirt year was probably the best thing he could have done to help his NBA chances. Would not have happened here though.

Change can be good. I am happy for him, he did what he thought was best for him, and it was.

Agree with what a lot of others have said and am glad Colt got his chance in the end it probably worked out fine for both sides involved.

Iverson had a very solid freshman year and after that it was like something (Tubby probably) was slowly sucking the "life" out of him on the court. His confidence was shot and it was time for him to go. He had the potential to be an all conference second teamer or at least honorable mention player here it just didn't work out.

Iverson had a very solid freshman year and after that it was like something (Tubby probably) was slowly sucking the "life" out of him on the court. His confidence was shot and it was time for him to go. He had the potential to be an all conference second teamer or at least honorable mention player here it just didn't work out.

poppycock

One of the reasons I disliked Tubby was the fact that he didn't play Iverson. It was no surprise that he transferred. When I went to the CO-CSU game this year, I was amazed at the player Iverson had become. I can't think of a player that Tubby developed. Iverson got a different coach and like others who transferred is now ready for the NBA. He really was the center of CSU's success...and CSU was not much of a team before his arrival. Good for Iverson. He made the right decision. I just wish we had had a coach that spent time developing players instead of blaming them.

I finally watched Iverson in NCAA tournament expecting a transformation after reading the hoopla on this board. Playing Louisville exposed his poor lateral quickness, slow feet, slow jump, bad hands, and poor finishing ability. He looked the same as he looked against athletic teams in the Big 10. Louisville has athletic players but propably only two nba caliber players. I think that he has maximized his abilities but will struggle with the speed of the nba game.

One of the reasons I disliked Tubby was the fact that he didn't play Iverson.

I wouldn't say he didn't play him. Iverson did average almost 18 minutes a game in his 3 years at the U. I do wish he had gotten more minutes, though.

I can't think of a player that Tubby developed.

Damian Johnson, Blake Hoffarber, Lawrence Westbrook, Rodney Williams (yes he did improve), Andre Hollins, Austin Hollins; just to name a few.

RE: Bostick

What happened with Bostick was my first clue on Tubby.

He was just too slow and undersized for B10 BB. Much like Welch; they'll be great in noon ball at the Y, though.

Did Rodney improve? How much has Austin really improved?I like Austin but he needs to be more consistent. Still streaky as a shooter and a below average ball handler...

Top Bottom