All Things Class of 2025 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread

Interesting. He wouldn't be interested in Minnesota if we didn't reach out. If we are reaching out to him, we still have money in the NIL pot and we are still after an impact player for that last scholarship. That is as it should be.

I assume there is no indication of when we reached out. According to 247, he entered the portal on April 2nd. It could have been two months ago when we reached out. If so, our situation was much different then. We had three players commit in May.

I don't know this guy. Yes, it's possible that taking a flyer on him would pay off. But his junior year stats are terrible.

Not terrible at all. He only averaged 17.5 minutes per game but his True Shooting Percentage was quite good (.587) and his three point shooting was even better (.424) based on the averages for those numbers. Nobody on our team this past season shot the three pointer that well.

I assume there is no indication of when we reached out. According to 247, he entered the portal on April 2nd. It could have been two months ago when we reached out. If so, our situation was much different then. We had three players commit in May.
Think this is relatively new interest. On 4/27 Rothstein tweeted a list of schools showing interest in him and we weren’t on it

Is there any way we can get a writer from the Star-Tribune (Marcus Fuller)? or Ryan James?; or Tony Liebert?; or ANYONE to ask Ben Johnson if they plan to give the 13th scholarship to a valuable transfer?...or to a non-playing, non-valuable walk-on?
If not to a transfer, then what is the thinking behind that bad decision?

Not terrible at all. He only averaged 17.5 minutes per game but his True Shooting Percentage was quite good (.587) and his three point shooting was even better (.424) based on the averages for those numbers. Nobody on our team this past season shot the three pointer that well.
Yeah but most of the time it was about 1 shot attempt per game. Many games of around zero or 2 points.

If not to a transfer, then what is the thinking behind that bad decision?

Simple. Just like Gene Hackman said in Hoosiers: this is your team or my team is on the floor.

The new team just came to town and the team's summer sessions have started. I doubt that he'll add another transfer portal player at this point. He's given that 13th scholarship to a walk-on every year even when he had more dubious depth than he has now.

Yeah but most of the time it was about 1 shot attempt per game. Many games of around zero or 2 points.

He took zero or one shots per game when he played single digit minutes. In 13 of the 33 games he played this year he took 3 to 5 shots per game. In 5 games he took more than that.

Simple. Just like Gene Hackman said in Hoosiers: this is your team or my team is on the floor.

The new team just came to town and the team's summer sessions have started. I doubt that he'll add another transfer portal player at this point. He's given that 13th scholarship to a walk-on every year even when he had more dubious depth than he has now.
No offense intended, but I would like to have that question answered by the HC who makes that decision, instead of the gopherholers (like me) who just second-guess it.

No offense intended, but I would like to have that question answered by the HC who makes that decision, instead of the gopherholers (like me) who just second-guess it.

I said "I doubt" and that he's given that 13th scholarship to a walk-on every previous year that he's been here. The second statement is a fact. The first part "I doubt" is an opinion about what I believe will happen so it's not phrased as a definitive answer to anything. However, it is an educated guess based on past behavior. Your view is just based on your personal desires.

Don't accuse me of things I haven't done. By the way, in case you haven't noticed, the head coach doesn't post here so he's very unlikely to answer your question.

I said "I doubt" and that he's given that 13th scholarship to a walk-on every previous year that he's been here. The second statement is a fact. The first part "I doubt" is an opinion about what I believe will happen so it's not phrased as a definitive answer to anything. However, it is an educated guess based on past behavior. Your view is just based on your personal desires.

Don't accuse me of things I haven't done. By the way, in case you haven't noticed, the head coach doesn't post here so he's very unlikely to answer your question.
But if the HC is asked by reporters, he may answer the same question in their publications. I don't ask him to post here.
I'm just asking the questions to be asked and answered the way those questions should be and normally are asked and answered.
I don't understand what you think I am accusing you of doing or saying.
I am just trying to get information from the HC by having someone ask him a question that I can't get directly because I dont have that opportunity.

Last edited:

Top Bottom