All Things Class of 2015 Recruiting - Class Finally Complete? Nope Chris Obekpa visit

Hey all. First time poster, long time lurker. Just thought I'd share a little tidbit on Jarvis. Spoke to a friend the other day who is very well-connected to the program (around the team/coaches every day), and said "we're sitting very well with Jarvis", and also added, in regards to 2015, "we're going to land some big time recruits. Bank on it."

Know it doesn't mean much, but considering the guy that I talked to is so connected, I place some stock in his statements.

Hey all. First time poster, long time lurker. Just thought I'd share a little tidbit on Jarvis. Spoke to a friend the other day who is very well-connected to the program (around the team/coaches every day), and said "we're sitting very well with Jarvis", and also added, in regards to 2015, "we're going to land some big time recruits. Bank on it."

Know it doesn't mean much, but considering the guy that I talked to is so connected, I place some stock in his statements.

Guy Fawkes under a new name?

Hey, welcome to Gopherhole!
For the record though, I [and some others] won't be buying into these type of comments saying how we are in great position and assuming we will land some big players until the recruits have physically spoken or tweeted themselves that they are coming to the University of Minnesota. History is not on our side!

I believe you. Thanks for the insight...keep it coming and don't the dregs on this site discourage you from posting and sharing what you know.

I believe you. Thanks for the insight...keep it coming and don't the dregs on this site discourage you from posting and sharing what you know.

Hey may very well have a good source who gives good information. But that doesn't mean what the source says will end up being true, as we learned from last Friday's decision. I don't discourage the new user from posting what he/she knows at all, because I think it's great and I really would like to believe that we are going to land a top recruit.
However... I refuse to get baited in to think that we are going to land someone big when all we have done is struck out so far. :(

I think Jarvis has been in a good position with us for some time... Was at the opener

Welcome!

Thanks! I was almost second-guessing myself for signing up before your comment. Talked me down off the bridge.

We're still recovering from losing out on Travis. Don't take it personally.

And on that note, for his sake, I hope he doesn't read anything on the internet (not just here) about his decision. Some nasty things being said about a good kid. Did what was best for him. Time to get someone that wants to be here. Like Jarvis and Alex and Elijah, oh my!

And on that note, for his sake, I hope he doesn't read anything on the internet (not just here) about his decision. Some nasty things being said about a good kid. Did what was best for him. Time to get someone that wants to be here. Like Jarvis and Alex and Elijah, oh my!

That would be insane. Tell your friend to tell Jarvis we'd greatly appreciate an early commitment from him. Ha.

Guy Fawkes under a new name?

I stand by everything I reported, I was the first to inform you guys that it was down to stanford and Minnesota, and that the family was in his ear about going to stanford but he was leaning Minnesota. He said himself he didn't make the decision until the night before, which I would assume means his parents got to him the night before, when my source asked what school he was going to pick on that friday, he was told that only immediate family knew and he would have to wait and see at 3:30 like the rest of us. I knew Something was up when they changed where the announcement was made and I made that point when the word got out it would be in the media center on the Reid thead. I am becoming the butt of jokes on here and I would say its undeserving. I did nothing wrong, but report what I was hearing, and all my the info was correct, it just lead people to think much to one certain school and everyone was heartbroken when completely went the other way with his choice(tho I said stanford would be school if not minnesota). Thats not my fault, I didn't make the decision for him. I have held back from posting information because of how you guys treat people when it doesn't go your way. I heard about Tyus going down to 3 schools way before most, but didn't report it in fear I would I get backlash for saying the gophers are out of it, once another poster posted that it was down to 3, I than went ahead and confirmed his report and added that his mom wants baylor.

Sorry for vending but the way some of you guys treat people on here discourages people from posting insightful info, that I and others would appreciate reading about, just because the info doesn't favor your school, doesn't mean the info is not important.

I stand by everything I reported, I was the first to inform you guys that it was down to stanford and Minnesota, and that the family was in his ear about going to stanford but he was leaning Minnesota. He said himself he didn't make the decision until the night before, which I would assume means his parents got to him the night before, when my source asked what school he was going to pick on that friday, he was told that only immediate family knew and he would have to wait and see at 3:30 like the rest of us. I knew Something was up when they changed where the announcement was made and I made that point when the word got out it would be in the media center on the Reid thead. I am becoming the butt of jokes on here and I would say its undeserving. I did nothing wrong, but report what I was hearing, and all my the info was correct, it just lead people to think much to one certain school and everyone was heartbroken when completely went the other way with his choice(tho I said stanford would be school if not minnesota). Thats not my fault, I didn't make the decision for him. I have held back from posting information because of how you guys treat people when it doesn't go your way. I heard about Tyus going down to 3 schools way before most, but didn't report it in fear I would I get backlash for saying the gophers are out of it, once another poster posted that it was down to 3, I than went ahead and confirmed his report and added that his mom wants baylor.

Sorry for vending but the way some of you guys treat people on here discourages people from posting insightful info, that I and others would appreciate reading about, just because the info doesn't favor your school, doesn't mean the info is not important.

Don't take people too seriously. I think most of us believe you (I do) and appreciate the info. Really seemed like he just changed his mind. People are still recovering from the kick to the nuts. They'll be nicer once they get over it. Don't hold back from posting what you know.

Don't take people too seriously. I think most of us believe you (I do) and appreciate the info. Really seemed like he just changed his mind. People are still recovering from the kick to the nuts. They'll be nicer once they get over it. Don't hold back from posting what you know.

I second that. Most of what I've read people write in regards to Guy has been more or less tongue in cheek. Personally, I think everything fits and makes sense. There's every reason to believe it went down exactly as reported.

+1

I feel similar, not to hop on your hole post, but get what you are saying.

Hey may very well have a good source who gives good information. But that doesn't mean what the source says will end up being true, as we learned from last Friday's decision. I don't discourage the new user from posting what he/she knows at all, because I think it's great and I really would like to believe that we are going to land a top recruit.
However... I refuse to get baited in to think that we are going to land someone big when all we have done is struck out so far. :(

I posted over a year ago that I had a good source who told me Reid was a lifelong Gopher fan, who wanted to stay home & that the only team that he would leave the state for was Stanford if they decided to offer. They did & he left. Unnamed sources can be dead on.

I think we're in great shape with Rashad Vaughn & even better shape with Jarvis Johnson. If we don't get Ellenson/Illikainen, we'll get someone better or someone who better fits the system.

Duffle bags o' Cash will get it done.

Some of the tanning solons are coming out with a new thick skin product, if you plan on staying on the board you should run down and get a treatment.

If you are VENDING, I'm not buying!

It's a $$ article, but here is a Thomas tweet..

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Elijah Thomas (<a href="https://twitter.com/EliCTMDThomas15">@EliCTMDThomas15</a>) talks conditioning, the coaches he talks to the most & his relationship w/ L. Brown: <a href="http://t.co/Zo1nVx3AJp">http://t.co/Zo1nVx3AJp</a></p>— Evan Daniels (@EvanDaniels) <a href="https://twitter.com/EvanDaniels/statuses/410116444391624704">December 9, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom