All Things Class of 2015 Recruiting - Class Finally Complete? Nope Chris Obekpa visit

I really, really, really hope Jarvis still comes to Minnesota... But tough to see when Wisconsin has one SG commit and is really only targeted Jarvis at PG

Edit: That being said, if Jarvis realizes the potential him and Dorsey could have playing together (and even competing together on a daily basis) then Minnesota would be a good option.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Jarvis Johnson ?: Gophers are without a doubt still after Jarvis Johnson as hard as ever. They want Dorsey &Jarvis as Boatright & Napier</p>— Ryan James (@RyanJamesMN) <a href="https://twitter.com/RyanJamesMN/statuses/487994681804869633">July 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The thought of having a combo like that is extremely exciting.

I really don't see Jarvis as a Wisconsin type player.

It would be a waist of his considerable athleticism in transition. Also a poor shooter when you have to be able to knock down the 3 for Ryan. They are polar opposites.

How much does getting Dorsey help us with the other Virginia targets?

I'd guess he'd start helping the staff recruit Chris Clarke...as far as other recruits who knows. It's good we're establishing ourselves in that DMV area though (adding Day Day last year). A LOT of great talent comes from down there.

How much does getting Dorsey help us with the other Virginia targets?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/Gopherapolis">@Gopherapolis</a> Nope. But Dorsey and Clarke are both Virginia kids, I'm sure they know each other to a decent degree.</p>— Ryan James (@RyanJamesMN) <a href="https://twitter.com/RyanJamesMN/statuses/488010370598981633">July 12, 2014</a></blockquote>

I want Jarvis just because it would keep him from Wisconsin. I do think we can roll with a couple of PGs on the floor at all times though.

According to Ryan James the staff has already pitched the idea to Jarvis and his family of a situation like Napier and Boatright and they really like the idea.

Are Jarvis, Illikainen, Walton and Clarke suppose to commit by the end of the summer or before their senior seasons or have some of them said they may take it down to the wire?

One of the 247 guys is saying the staff is definitely all-in on getting Clarke as well, can't hurt to already have a talented commit from that area on board. Great start to a potentially great class.

One of the 247 guys is saying the staff is definitely all-in on getting Clarke as well, can't hurt to already have a talented commit from that area on board. Great start to a potentially great class.

If we get a commitment from Clarke to go along with Dorsey, we'll be sitting real nice! Clarke can flat out play. And Dorsey's HS team played Clarke's in the Virginia State Championship game this past year, so they definitely know about each other.

Are Jarvis, Illikainen, Walton and Clarke suppose to commit by the end of the summer or before their senior seasons or have some of them said they may take it down to the wire?

Sounds like Illikainen will decide in August or September while Jarvis will commit sometime soon (July/August). Walton and Clarke could drag their recruitments deep into the fall, but things are fluid with those two. From what I hear, we sit well with all 4 of them.

I'm finally in basketball mode now. Ever since Reid's decision gopher hoops has played second fiddle to football especially with our best season in 10 years. Just takes one 4 star to get me excited again.

Attention, Jarvis and Alex! Attention, Jarvis and Alex.

Make it happen!!!

With the 247 class calculator if we get Clarke, Jarvis and Illikainen we would have the #7 class in the nation. If you swap Clarke for Walton we would have the #6 class and if you add just Alex and Jarvis which is the most realistic we would have the #8 class. That is if of course everybody else gets no one more commits so it wouldn't actually be that high of course but still exciting stuff. We currently have the #35 class.

I'm finally in basketball mode now. Ever since Reid's decision gopher hoops has played second fiddle to football especially with our best season in 10 years. Just takes one 4 star to get me excited again.

Yeah, Reid's desiscion really hurt, but by all accounts he is a great kid. Really wish he would have chosen Minny, but I wish him all the best.

Why not make another run at Elijah Thomas, he liked us early on and now we a young top ranked PG coming in to play with him.

According to Ryan James the staff has already pitched the idea to Jarvis and his family of a situation like Napier and Boatright and they really like the idea.

I doubt Jarvis and his family like that idea as much as I do!!!

A Top 10 class for 2015? With a very underrated 2014 class we have the makings of big things. I fully expect this trend to strengthen. I like that these are not one and done kids either. I prefer my BB team to graduate with a fine University of Minnesota degree. Kaler, Woody and company are striking it big. Young Pitino is going to build a dynasty here. Let's get this practice facility done. Send what you can. I have and will continue to contribute.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I'd be surprised if the elite motor of Chris Clarke doesn't earn him 8-10 more offers, higher spots after July. 36pts, 16rb, 16-26 FG in 2gm</p>— Ryan James (@RyanJamesMN) <a href="https://twitter.com/RyanJamesMN/statuses/487947580647559169">July 12, 2014</a></blockquote>

This is why we need Chris Clarke.

Clarke is right there with AI as my most preferred guys in 2015 (assuming we have no shot at Trier and Whitt).

Am I the only one that thinks this class is going to end up being huge? 1 down with Alex, Clarke, and Jarvis to go

Am I the only one that thinks this class is going to end up being huge? 1 down with Alex, Clarke, and Jarvis to go

No, I really think we will land Alex & think we have a great shot with Clarke & Jarvis! I just hope Clarke surprises everyone by deciding sooner rather than later before he gets more offers.

Top Bottom