All Things Cam Heide Thread - Class of 2022 (Updated: 5/3 - Gophers Offered)

Awesome, this kid may have two dozen power 6 offers soon.

per Marcus:

“It’s obviously big time to have an offer from the home state,” Heide said. “I’ve grown up here my whole life. I got to go to a lot of Gophers games when I was a kid."

The 6-foot-6 Heide is the state's top-ranked junior and No. 39 in 247Sports.com’s 2022 composite ranking. He is recovering from foot surgery and will be sidelined when his D1 Minnesota 17U team makes its summer debut Saturday in the Jammin' in July tournament in Ames, Iowa.

Despite being sidelined, Heide was bombarded by calls from coaches last month when they were allowed to contact 2022 prospects for the first time. He picked up new offers from Arizona, Marquette, Texas, Virginia Tech, Xavier, and Creighton already this summer. Purdue was the first Big Ten offer last year. Minnesota came shortly after and has been heavily involved.

"I have a great relationship with the coaching staff," Heide said of Pitino and his assistant coaches.

Go Gophers!!

Ryan James from Gopher Illustrated was on KFAN Sunday morning. He seems to think the Gophers have a good shot at Heide. According to James, the "leaning to Purdue" buzz is coming from Purdue, not necessarily from Heide.
He would be a nice get! Need Ben to get a bunch of these 2022 MN kids.

Ryan James from Gopher Illustrated was on KFAN Sunday morning. He seems to think the Gophers have a good shot at Heide. According to James, the "leaning to Purdue" buzz is coming from Purdue, not necessarily from Heide.
Heard that. Purdue wanted him to commit this winter and he didn't, then they pushed 247 to have some crystal balls towards purdue

That would be great news if Heide wasn't as much of a Purdue lean as it seems. He looks smooth and very skilled.

That would be great news if Heide wasn't as much of a Purdue lean as it seems. He looks smooth and very skilled.
He looked great. I believe a family member is a Purdue grad? I agree that it appears he is a strong Purdue lean, but hopefully he gives Ben Johnson a chance to make a case to stay home.

Top Bottom