All Things Cam Heide Thread - Class of 2022 (Updated: 5/3 - Gophers Offered)

Looks like a player, but nowhere near the athlete that Sam was. Many of Jacobson’s HS dunks were Sports Center material.

Looks like a player, but nowhere near the athlete that Sam was. Many of Jacobson’s HS dunks were Sports Center material.

Sam had high end athleticism but this kids skills are ahead at the same age.

He continues to make steady progress. Has tremendous proprioception. Knows the court. Knows how to get people on behind his hip. That gives him a big advantage. Watched Ty Jerome use those skills to destroy faster, physically stronger players to the tune of a couple ACC titles and a National title. If Heide keeps going he can be special. Balance out the two hands, add hesitation moves, change of pace.

Whoever the coach is, Gophers need to land Heide.

DO NOT want to see him end up in a freaking Badger uniform. Purdue I could stomach because his dad went there, but please, don’t lose him to Madison.

IMO, Pitino has not been able to recruit enough players with proprioception :clap:

Heck of a play, Cam with an awesome game winner!

Go Gophers!!

Wayzata is a fun team to watch, they'll be a year older next year and be a state title contender. Gophs need to land Heide!

Watching him closely. Tough time for the Gophers to recruiting him.

Well so far 5 ACC teams and several other elite programs have been watching without a offer. Love his game but a ways to go to get KU,UK,DUKE OR UNC offers

Disagree with 'a ways to go'... he's right on the brink.

Disagree with 'a ways to go'... he's right on the brink.
Were going to find out soon. The types of transition offers you see before those schools has not come yet, like a MSU, Nova, UVA. That can change this summer if evals are possible. Saw him with ACC staff member and they want to see more. He did pass the recommendation of seeing him or not seeing him. He has so many piece skills, now just improve those. His intangibles are really high.

Purdue is the leader, ACC ready to step in when Covid allows. At least 3 ACC offers likely.

Bummer. Want these guys to stay in that 75-125 range so the Gophers might have a chance. Hard to contend for a guy's services if schools like Virginia, UNC, Duke get into the mix.

Bummer. Want these guys to stay in that 75-125 range so the Gophers might have a chance. Hard to contend for a guy's services if schools like Virginia, UNC, Duke get into the mix.
Just me but with the family Purdue connection they are favorites. UW will have their voice. UVA is so stacked in 20 and 21 class is about to come in huge so would expect '22 to be light. DUKE AND UNC could be nearing the end of the coaching line in '23. Think UL, Notre Dame Pitt will offer.

Pitino has been on him heavily and Cam and his parents have really built a solid relationship. I don't think he is anywhere near making a decision right now but the Gophers have left a strong impression and would be right towards the top.

Pitino has been on him heavily and Cam and his parents have really built a solid relationship. I don't think he is anywhere near making a decision right now but the Gophers have left a strong impression and would be right towards the top.
Sounds great to me. Surely he will wait to see what offers he gets and who is winning. Winning will be a high priority.

Sounds great to me. Surely he will wait to see what offers he gets and who is winning. Winning will be a high priority.
Yeah I'm sure there will be many factors but getting in early and establishing a relationship is something that has been hit and miss at times the last couple years so good to see Pitino doing a good job of that with guys like Heide, Holloman, Aligbe, Nnaji.

Huge fan of being in early and getting them early. Loads of data on the longer it takes the better for blue bloods and even elites.

Top Bottom