All Things Bowl Game Speculation

What's the point of playing the games if they're going to choose a team with a worse record over a team with a better record? May as well just choose a helmet school to start the season. If the roles were reversed Wisconsin would still be in the Rose Bowl.

Without Faalele good luck.
Can always count on you to provide a ray of sunshine. Coaches have a month to come up with a backup plan. Someone will need to step up.

What's the point of playing the games if they're going to choose a team with a worse record over a team with a better record? May as well just choose a helmet school to start the season. If the roles were reversed Wisconsin would still be in the Rose Bowl.

Which roles? I really don't think of Wisconsin as a helmet school. Do you think if the Gophers had won by 3 TDs, and lost to OSU by 10 or so they really wouldn't be in the Rose Bowl with a 11-2 record?

Which roles? I really don't think of Wisconsin as a helmet school. Do you think if the Gophers had won by 3 TDs, and lost to OSU by 10 or so they really wouldn't be in the Rose Bowl with a 11-2 record?
I think that Penn state would’ve gone in that situation.
Wisconsin would be rated about 20th in that scenario.

Can always count on you to provide a ray of sunshine. Coaches have a month to come up with a backup plan. Someone will need to step up.
I say we just cancel the game. Maybe even next season too since someone else might get injured.

I think that Penn state would’ve gone in that situation.
Wisconsin would be rated about 20th in that scenario.

Boy, I think with the Gopher win over PSU it would have been Minnesota Rose Bowl bound.

I think the assumption of the Badgers falling to #20 seems appropriate, with all that we know now.

I mean if Minnesota was 10-3 with the head to head win and Wisconsin was 10-2 with a better win than Minnesota but also better losses. Wisconsin would be in the Rose Bowl and the Gophers 3 losses would have kept them out.

Still think that? As I mentioned on Wednesday, Michigan is going to Citrus Bowl.

We can all make guesses. "Guessing" because of past history doesn't make you an insider.

That's like me saying that LSU beat Oklahoma in the Peach Bowl.

We can all make guesses. "Guessing" because of past history doesn't make you an insider.

That's like me saying that LSU beat Oklahoma in the Peach Bowl.

No, it is not anything like that. And, I was not guessing.

Bast**ds. Wisconsin did not deserve the Rose!! Oh well, on to Auburn!

"How are those creative plays working in the second half? I particularly just enjoyed the QB keeper where he stood still and pretended that the ball had disappeared. But then there was the time where they punted so creatively as well." Veristas

"Now its looking like the Badgers will be outscored in the second half by about 137 to 0. Don't really good coaches make positive changes at half time and add more creative plays? I thought that was the key to winning games? Or did they just "decide to play to lose instead of playing to win"? I never know exactly how these sure fire thumb nail strategies are supposed to work." Veritas

"You bet.:sleep: The team with the better players had they rear ends set on fire at halftime and are knocking the snot out of inferior team. Have you failed to notice that nothing is working for the Badgers now and most everything is working for the other team? Football 95% of the time is about basic blocking, tackling and talent. Not trick plays. " Veritas

"What one stadium in the Big Ten would you be most afraid to take your nine year old daughter to a game in if she was not cheering for the home team? As one couple in Nebraska once asked me, "What is it about Badger fans?" Not all Badger fans are drunken idiots, but the best drunken idiots are many Badger fans. I do not know why. " Veritas

Perhaps, just perhaps, GopherDog1, you may not be the most perceptive dog in the pack. But, hey, conspiracy nuts seldom are noted rational thinkers.
Ok. You win and I am sure my wife would agree with you. I will watch my own bobber from now on but I will still stand at the games.

I mean if Minnesota was 10-3 with the head to head win and Wisconsin was 10-2 with a better win than Minnesota but also better losses. Wisconsin would be in the Rose Bowl and the Gophers 3 losses would have kept them out.

I think you know deep down that's not true. Michigan maybe.

I think you know deep down that's not true. Michigan maybe.
The same thing happened last year but on a smaller scale. They had a slightly better record than us, we had a big head to head win, they got the better bowl game and we got stuck in Detroit.

Top Bottom