All Things Amir Coffey Thread - UPDTAED: A Gophers Commit!

Are you 100% sure about that? I just read an article over on Rivals, published today, that said he was likely going to take his officials after his football season, and Minnesota wasn't even one of the schools he is even considering visiting.

It says that a top Gopher target is committing this weekend. It doesn't say that he's committing to Minnesota.

It says that a top Gopher target is committing this weekend. It doesn't say that he's committing to Minnesota.

You're right, but if it is truly about Okwuegbunam, the Rivals article made it sound like he isn't even close to a decision.

Are you 100% sure about that? I just read an article over on Rivals, published today, that said he was likely going to take his officials after his football season, and Minnesota wasn't even one of the schools he is even considering visiting.

I'm 100% sure that's what I read. I don't know Albert personally, so I'm not 100% sure he's committing.

Say goodbye to your Monday productivity. Maybe call in sick.

@GophersNow: Four-star 2016 Hopkins guard Amir Coffey is announcing his decision Monday evening. I think the #Gophers have a great chance to land him.

@AmeliaRayno: Just got word that 2016 recruit Amir Coffey will be announcing his college decision tomorrow night. Would be a huge get for U-M and Pitino.

@DWolfsonKSTP: Look for Amir Coffey's decision to be announced on Twitter around 5ish tomorrow. #Gophers remain well-positioned.

@GophersNow: After returning from an ACL injury last month, Coffey dominated for Hopkins and looks to be serious candidate for Minnesota Mr. Basketball

@EvanDaniels: Top 50 wing Amir Coffey is expected to announce his college decision tomorrow, per a source. All signs point to Minnesota.

At this point who else could it realistically be? Has he been on any visits besides us and ISU? Cautiously optimistic about this one...

At this point who else could it realistically be? Has he been on any visits besides us and ISU? Cautiously optimistic about this one...

Was the TCU basketball coach possibly at the football game here too?

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

@EvanDaniels: Top 50 wing Amir Coffey is expected to announce his college decision tomorrow, per a source. All signs point to Minnesota.

Do we know where Golden Showers wife is tomorrow? We may need to know.

If you're on your lazy and using an apple device, heres the date and time in text to make a calendar event to remind yourself.

Monday September 21st 3:30pm

Expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised. AKA being a Gopher fan 101.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

per Marcus:

Four-star Hopkins guard Amir Coffey is expected to announce his college decision at a 3:30 p.m press conference Monday at his high school.

And it’s likely the state’s top senior will follow in his father’s footsteps to play for the University of Minnesota.

Gophers basketball coach Richard Pitino arrived too late to keep the state’s elite talent from leaving a couple years ago, but he would make a huge statement by landing Coffey, the son of former Gophers forward Richard Coffey.

http://blogs.twincities.com/gophers...guard-amir-coffey-who-announces-monday-night/

Go Gophers!!

Brew up the Coffey Amir; it's your state, your energy, your university, your team, Maroon and Gold on the rise! Make the statement AMIR!

Obligatory it's happening gif.

nkfJIHo.gif

What's really exciting about the prospect is that few have worn Maroon and Gold who consistently gave more effort than Richard Coffey, and you have to believe that Amir will also play with that top drawer level of heart and commitment.

Looks like the press conference is open to the public as well, according to Richard.

Top Bottom